GDT Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
He had one giveaway.
have to doubt that. not only did he have a really blatant play where he put the puck on the wrong side of the blue line and lost it immediately, he was also stripped multiple times and lost pucks in board battles.

if those aren't "giveaways" as the stats want to measure them, fine, but they're still losses of possession.

Reactions: SherVaughn30

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Yea, he made some nice plays here and there, and obviously set Kuzy up on his goal.

But, if he doesn’t make quick reads and get the puck off his stick, he’s a liability. He’s too easily erased from the play, and worse - opponents take the puck away from him with ease, often in terrible spots on the ice.

Again if he is such a liability then shouldn't that be reflected in the stats like in the cases of Ovechkin and Kuznetsov?

All I'm seeing is a guy who gives up the fewest chances on the team and generates the third most chances on the team when he's on the ice. I'm also seeing a guy with a positive 5v5 goal differential and a guy who produces at the 6th highest clip on the team at 5v5. And his GAR is only behind Mantha, Protas, and TVR on the team.

Folks once again the eye-test isn't aligning with reality!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Another fun Matthew Phillips stat: he has 0 penalties this year!

Disciplined? ✅
Defensively responsible? ✅
Drives play? ✅

Need more players like him in the lineup.

I saw him try to take a penalty early in the season, the opposing player turned and said “how cute”, laughed, patted him on the head and skated away. ;)

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I’ve been saying this for years, he has to cut some weight to gain some speed. It’s just maddening.
I’ve been saying the same thing. It’s not like when he was younger and he played a physical game. He doesn’t even hit anymore. Lose 20 pounds and maybe he is able to keep up with play.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’ve been saying the same thing. It’s not like when he was younger and he played a physical game. He doesn’t even hit anymore. Lose 20 pounds and maybe he is able to keep up with play.
He always has had a pretty bad diet maybe if he gave up the Coca-Cola and Mama Lucia. LeBron and Tom Brady spent tons money on nutritionalists to prolong their prime.

Reactions: Ovie's Neighbor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad