Olympics: Gdt Canada vs Sweden

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
The Olympics is the Olympics, whether Canadianbs and their home league decide to stay away or not. If you for whatever reason don't send your best it is your problem. Make up whatever excusse and narratives you like.Nobody cares.

What I care for is though that the US/Canadian league prevents players form other nations from going to the Olympics. For that US and Canada should be banned.

It's the likes of Bettman and the team owners that should be pilloried. I am sure Team USA and Canada along with everyone else would have been delighted to send their best players along and the players as well. Anyone who has been to an Olympiad even as a spectator can feel the energy, excitement and special atmosphere. It's harsh those players have been denied the opportunity again. Instead we will get another circus of a so called World Cup.

How many leagues get to have more influence than the governing body in their respective sports. Ice hockey seems to stand in a club of one.

Reactions: Forceofnature

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
There is only one hockey game in the entire Olympic tournament that actually means something, and it’s in the womens tournament, and it will be played in a few hours from now.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I would have liked a Canadian victory to increase our medal totals but in terms of this team, I had no emotional investment, so I’m fine with it - and whoever gets the gold.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
There is only one hockey game in the entire Olympic tournament that actually means something, and it’s in the womens tournament, and it will be played in a few hours from now.

Tell that to the players in the men's semifinals. :rolleyes:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
What do you mean? We don't care for you propaganda lies and fabricated frauds. That is your way, not ours. But we appreciate your fear. You fear the truth.

I just can't help myself but to comment on this one. Do you think Russian media is more reliable than say Canadian, Finnish, Estonian or French media?

Dofs

Jun 25, 2021
I just can't help myself but to comment on this one. Do you think Russian media is more reliable than say Canadian, Finnish, Estonian or French media?
Russian Patrioticheskoye media > Capitalist Zapadnoe media, you Western pig :sarcasm:

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Ya, I’m sure for them it’s a big deal, and it should be. It was a big deal when I played in my PeeWee final as well.

Sarcasm is not your strong point. There's a slight difference to playing in the Olympics before a viewing audience of hundreds of millions than your final attended by a hundred or so. And not exactly at the same level either.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
You are embarassing yourself on a daily basis. Canadaians should be banned from IIHF events for what NHL does. For the kind of tournament we have at the Olympics. It is what it is. And yes, I don't care for your local league. No need to get all worked up on a personal level.
Cry about it some more. You bring absolutely nothing to any discussion and completely embarrass yourself anytime someone confronts you with a differing opinion or tells you you're wrong.

All you do is whine about all things North America. Nobody cares.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Cry about it some more. You bring absolutely nothing to any discussion and completely embarrass yourself anytime someone confronts you with a differing opinion or tells you you're wrong.

All you do is whine about all things North America. Nobody cares.

I'm not sure how he hasn't been banned yet. Every post is filled with xenophobic undertones. I'm fairly positive he doesn't even enjoy hockey based on his constant negativity and lecturing in every post.

Reactions: cg98

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Sarcasm is not your strong point. There's a slight difference to playing in the Olympics before a viewing audience of hundreds of millions than your final attended by a hundred or so. And not exactly at the same level either.
Hundreds of millions are gonna tune in? Let’s check the ratings when it’s done.

It wouldn’t matter the event, World Cup of Soccer, or whatever. If you take an event that could have the best athletes, but instead has 4th and 5th rate athletes, it’s meaningless. That’s why the womens gold medal game was different. It meant something.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Womens hockey is terrible. A two team tournament.
I’d rather watch the mens tournament, if it had quality athletes. The tournament as it is now? I’d rather watch Canada vs USA women 10 times out of 10, provided something is on the line.

Reactions: LarryO

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Hundreds of millions are gonna tune in? Let’s check the ratings when it’s done.

It wouldn’t matter the event, World Cup of Soccer, or whatever. If you take an event that could have the best athletes, but instead has 4th and 5th rate athletes, it’s meaningless. That’s why the womens gold medal game was different. It meant something.

Only in your narrow minded opinion.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Only in your narrow minded opinion.
At what point would it be a joke to you, then?

They downgraded the talent by 4-5 tiers, but you’re still fine calling this an actual competition. Fine. But what would it take for it to be downgraded in your eyes? Anything?

If they had 10 year olds out there, calling it the Olympic tournament, would that still be legit to you? I just want to see at what point, if any, something of value turns onto something useless, for you.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
At what point would it be a joke to you, then?

They downgraded the talent by 4-5 tiers, but you’re still fine calling this an actual competition. Fine. But what would it take for it to be downgraded in your eyes? Anything?

If they had 10 year olds out there, calling it the Olympic tournament, would that still be legit to you? I just want to see at what point, if any, something of value turns onto something useless, for you.
It's the Olympic Tournament because it's the Tournament taking place during the Olympics. It's that simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad