Olympics: Gdt Canada vs Sweden

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Intense game, both have trouble getting to the goal though. Canada with a bit more time in the Swedish zone, but on the perimeter.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Bad game so far. Wonder what explanation AB13 has if Sweden would lose this quarter where they are big favorites?
Jokes aside, Sweden will win.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
First game I'm watching this tournament. Sweden left their skill players at home and chose the grinders and it shows.

High tempo game with alot of physicality and not many skill plays.

Reactions: JBeast

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
The Swedish penalty kill has been horrendous all tournament and skill looks horrendous. Faceoffs and PKing two huge flaws.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Both teams need to re-consider their game. It is very symmetric now, resulting in continuous grinding for both teams, leaving it all up to the odd chance in the end. Not what any off the teams would wish for.

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Both teams need to re-consider their game. It is very symmetric now, resulting in continuous grinding for both teams, leaving it all up to the odd chance in the end. Not what any off the teams would wish for.
The intensity favours Sweden though which will probably show in the 3rd. Canada played yesterday and sure, it was a walk in the park against China, but it was still a game they had to play.

edit: Chinese pop isn't that great. The arena music that is.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Canadian jerseys are ugly because they don't represent their country's colors. Finland could as well put full black jerseys and adding little bit blue or white there. It just doesn't make sense.
I agree that Canada have ugly jerseys. But Italy’s iconic blue football kit and the Netherlands orange ones are always cool and slick despite not being colours on the national flags. Canada obviously have red hockey kits historically though, and that is how it should be.

Reactions: Pardus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I agree that Canada have ugly jerseys. But Italy’s iconic blue football kit and the Netherlands orange ones are always cool and slick despite not being colours on the national flags. Canada obviously have red hockey kits historically though, and that is how it should be.

Yeah I got mixed feelings about those as well. They should have some kind of regulation for that. In The Nertherland's case they have done that since 80's and people are somewhat used to it, so in a way it's acceptable, but I don't know. If they use a color that is not in their flag, it shouldn't be the main color of the jersey. Orange as main color would be fully okay if the country's flag had red and yellow that mixes into orange. Well those are my opinions :).

In Canada's case it might be that they want to separate a bit from one of their big rival's, Russia's colors. I think that in hockey black as main color of the jersey should be banned because it's harder to see the black puck on the ice then and I think it always favors Canada more than the other team. Stuff like powerplay, where goalie or defensive team may not see the puck against that dominating black color. Few milliseconds here or there can mean a goal.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah I got mixed feelings about those as well. They should have some kind of regulation for that. In The Nertherland's case they have done that since 80's and people are somewhat used to it, so in a way it's acceptable, but I don't know. If they use a color that is not in their flag, it shouldn't be the main color of the jersey. Orange as main color would be fully okay if the country's flag had red and yellow that mixes into orange. Well those are my opinions :).

In Canada's case it might be that they want to separate a bit from one of their big rival's, Russia's colors. I think that in hockey black as main color of the jersey should be banned because it's harder to see the black puck on the ice then and I think it always favors Canada more than the other team. Stuff like powerplay, where goalie or defensive team can hide the puck easier on that dominating black color.
I think it’s just Nike that want different looking Canadian jerseys to the traditional ones as some kind of rebrand. But it doesn’t feel like Canada.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
First game I'm watching this tournament. Sweden left their skill players at home and chose the grinders and it shows.

High tempo game with alot of physicality and not many skill plays.

Can you name these skilled players playing in Europe who would have made a big difference? I´m not being sarcastic.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bad game so far. Wonder what explanation AB13 has if Sweden would lose this quarter where they are big favorites?
Jokes aside, Sweden will win.
How are they big favorites?....

Anyone have a stream? I am i mexico where neither amazon prime or my bell fibe app will let me watch.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Can you name these skilled players playing in Europe who would have made a big difference? I´m not being sarcastic.
The 5 biggest Swedish SHL scorers and the 6 biggest Swedish KHL scorers were left off the team. Likes of Lindberg, Lindholm, Strömwall should be on the team. Also, I don’t think we are favorites at all. Don’t put words into my mouth. I don’t rate this team particularly highly and never have.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Regarding jerseys, The Netherlands orange are usually really beautiful and they stand out. I mean they are called the Oranje.
Italy always had those blue and their national team are called Gli Azzurri. I remember the Slovenian team wearing dark forest green jerseys when Zlatko Zahovic etc played.

Hockey then, I would actually have a harder time seeing Russia in blue jerseys and guess what, they have that color in the flag. Imagine the US having red? Therefor I´m not that "Locked", or I don't believe I am. I think those black suits Canada better than it would suit Sweden or Finland. But yeah, they could have a little more red and white in them for sure.
A lot of nations have blue, red and white.

Canadas jerseys again, the thing is that the red is quite dark with the black. I would prefer if they had white numbers because when the camera is not zooming in one specific player it´s a bit difficult to spot the players number.
I was also quite surprised seeing Finlands blue jerseys, two different nuances of blue but too similar in my opinion. Well, everyone has a different taste i guess.

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Regarding jerseys, The Netherlands orange are usually really beautiful and they stand out. I mean they are called the Oranje.
Italy always had those blue and their national team are called Gli Azzurri. I remember the Slovenian team wearing dark forest green jerseys when Zlatko Zahovic etc played.

Hockey then, I would actually have a harder time seeing Russia in blue jerseys and guess what, they have that color in the flag. Imagine the US having red? Therefor I´m not that "Locked", or I don't believe I am. I think those black suits Canada better than it would suit Sweden or Finland. But yeah, they could have a little more redan and white in them for sure.
A lot of nations have blue, red and white.

Canadas jerseys again, the thing is that the red is quite dark with the black. I would prefer if they had white numbers because when the camera is not zooming in one specific player it´s a bit difficult to spot the players number.
I was also quite surprised seeing Finlands blue jerseys, tow different nuances of blue but too similar in my opinion. Well, everyone has a different taste i guess.
As long as you have one red jersey and one white jersey, you can still wear red even if many others also wear it. The black jerseys are ugly as hell and you can barely read the numbers/ names on the back.

That's why I love the Swedish colours, either yellow or blue jerseys, it sticks out.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I think it’s just Nike that want different looking Canadian jerseys to the traditional ones as some kind of rebrand. But it doesn’t feel like Canada.

That's actually a good point. Might be some kind of demand from them, since I'm also guessing that Canada or maybe USA are the ones selling most national team jerseys in the world. So Canada being the one coloring their jerseys a bit differently would mean more for Nike. Logically it makes sense.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
The white jerseys are quite nice.

The red jerseys are just damn ugly, so I think Canada made the right choice today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad