GDT: Canada Vs. Czech Republic 4:30 Eastern Time

• Thread starter Zetterberg4Captain*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Well, at least it was not a blowout, and parts of the game were actually interesting, especially 1st and 3rd period.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
From what I hear the building is full of Canadian fans ... this really sucks. North America should be just one country.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Schwartz played awesome.... without him its 6-1...

good game though... Canada is just amazinggggg... look out USA or Russia... we're bringing it home this year for the BOYZZZ!!!

lol

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada

good game though... Canada is just amazinggggg... look out USA or Russia... we're bringing it home this year for the BOYZZZ!!!

lol

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Well I was half way right. Canada did not play their best game but when your as talented as this squad, even when you come out fairly flat, you still win.

I think Canada outshot the Czech's 40-11. :amazed:

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
congrats to the Canadians for the win, congrats to Czechs for making a game of it. Onward we go and sounds like the Canadians are ustoppable.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
VOB said:
Well I was half way right. Canada did not play their best game but when your as talented as this squad, even when you come out fairly flat, you still win.

I think Canada outshot the Czech's 40-11. :amazed:

the last I heard the shots were 42-11 Canada. :bow:

Vic Rattlehead*

wilka91 said:
From what I hear the building is full of Canadian fans ... this really sucks. North America should be just one country.

It's all those crazy canadians who will cheer for their team through thick and thin!

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
wilka91 said:

to be fair, grand folks is right near the border of canada and the united states. just a hop across the border from winnipeg and your there.

rival

Feb 15, 2004
Victoria
Canada was squeezing the stick a lot tonight on top of Schwarz playing well. Bergeron put it off the post while looking at a wide open net, Crosby should have had a couple (especially that early one that's been a gimme all tourney long for him), and Ladd had an easy chance to one time one home.

That was a good warmup game for the gold medal and if they play like that again I'm confident they'll take it. They had no trouble defending the lead late despite taking a penalty and some added desperation from the Czechs.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Canada played a decent game, not spectacular but not bad. The score would have been much higher if not for Schwarz. Phaneuf is without a doubt in my mind the MVP of this team. He plays so many minutes, is so solid, and rarely gives the puck away, not to mention dishing out devastating hits. This game also showed how much stronger the other group was. I expect a pretty close final. Canada would benefit from playing the Americans as opposed to the Russians because of the smaller defense. How do they determine who is the home team. Canada had the bye right through and should have been home in my mind, but the Czech's end up has home. It's a huge advantage being home, especially against teams like Czech or Russia where Phaneuf and Weber would be out against players like Olesz and Ovechkin all game.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada

lol

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
nurminen31 said:
Im not sure if this has already been said this thread, but if Czechs win bronze Schwarz should get best goalie.

I agree, there have been no absolute stand out goaltenders in this tournament like Montoya last year and Fleury the year before but Rask and Schwarz have probably been the best. I would say Schwarz deserves the top Goalie unless Montoya can really put it together for the last two games. Glass hasn't been tested nearly enough to be named top goalie.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I wouldn't give Schwartz too much credit.The Canadians were playing around, with no edge at all. No finishing.

Schwartz just stood there. Or laid, actually, for most of the time.

Again, I'm not saying he's bad, I just hate it when people start going on about some players like they're miracle workers when they do pretty much nothing to deserve it.

Dion Mustard*

Andrew_11 said:
How do they determine who is the home team. Canada had the bye right through and should have been home in my mind, but the Czech's end up has home. It's a huge advantage being home, especially against teams like Czech or Russia where Phaneuf and Weber would be out against players like Olesz and Ovechkin all game.

Pretty sure Canada was the home team (I seem to remember Miller saying that Canada had last change). They finished first, so I can't see why they wouldn't have been the home team. As for the final, well they should be home again, because of their perfect 5-0 record. But for some reason, I can see some excuse being made to make sure they aren't.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
tommi462 said:
I wouldn't give Schwartz too much credit.The Canadians were playing around, with no edge at all. No finishing.

Schwartz just stood there. Or laid, actually, for most of the time.

Again, I'm not saying he's bad, I just hate it when people start going on about some players like they're miracle workers when they do pretty much nothing to deserve it.
OK, but other than Khudobin, I really dont think any other goalie has been nearly as important to his team so far as Schwarz.
Right now I'd say its a three-way battle between Schwarz, Khudobin and Montoya, depending on if he can repeat his performance agains Sweden a few times.

leafaholix*

Good game, Schwarz kept it close. Big mistake by New York with the Montoya pick, this guy's pretty damn good... and he's proving it now.

Andrew Ladd gets on my nerves, the guy has absolutely no offensive game. Good skater, strength, defensive forward, attitude, but no God darn offensive skills.

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad