GDT: #82 Blues/Wings: "REAVES IS ON THE TOP LINE NOW, I THINK."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linus

Nov 27, 2010
St. Louis
Coming soon to the Blues' locker room....

2rfvwuv.jpg

Except instead of "writing", "phonics", and "numeracy", it'll say "skating", "shooting", and "smiling through the inner pain".

TimtheDJ84*

l

What does the bolded mean? :laugh:
All board play,no attack, no slot play, strictly using the point men. Ugly hockey and no results. You literally have games you must win and guys are sitting back. Every damn player should have been in the offensive zone all game.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
Check twitter. A lot of people are blaming Miller.

That's the 3rd breakaway that Shattenkirk/Coliacovo has allowed.
Damn, I'm not a twitter guy, i guess I'm missing out on the immense level of hockey knowledge from bandwagon fans. lol

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
All board play,no attack, no slot play, strictly using the point men. Ugly hockey and no results. You literally have games you must win and guys are sitting back. Every damn player should have been in the offensive zone all game.

Can't do much when you don't have the talent or firepower up front.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
My advice, don't worry about the offense, the defense has been terrible lately. Did you see all those breakaways?

TimtheDJ84*

I would just like to see one person challenge them. I mean....I would just walk up, sate that the play,coaching,and work ethic has been awful and then walk away.

TimtheDJ84*

My advice, don't worry about the offense, the defense has been terrible lately. Did you see all those breakaways?

Lol trust me I know that as well. As to the person saying it's due to firepower, we are all just lying to ourselves if we think this problem is 6 games deep.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range

Look, when you have the offensive juggernaut that is the Blues you have to expect that their "all-in" offensive philosophy is going to get them burnt on occasion.

TimtheDJ84*

Watch the players...hkneslty break the game down. We go in on a forecheck,the other teams seats it and have several guys bunched waiting so they can clear. A lot of this is because we can't lass and don't spread them out. Now watch us, teams get it deep,our forwards hang at the Blue,waiting for an outlet. The D man is swarmed ,throws a **** pass, bam. Turnover.Goal.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
What will our pick be if we lose in the first round? I know it's a depressing question, but it's not completely unrealistic. If every round goes chalk with the exception of us, I think it would be 23. We would have the most points out of everyone eliminated at that point, with 8 teams still playing. Isn't that how it's determined? Or did I make that up in my head?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
What will our pick be if we lose in the first round? I know it's a depressing question, but it's not completely unrealistic. If every round goes chalk with the exception of us, I think it would be 23. We would have the most points out of everyone eliminated at that point, with 8 teams still playing. Isn't that how it's determined? Or did I make that up in my head?

23 sounds right, but I'm too lazy to do the math.

DaddyPadre

Jul 5, 2013
Find it funny how Detroit had the same injury issues through ought there season and they didn't just curl up in a ball and cry. Guys like Nyquist, Tatar, Glendening, Sheahan, Jurco all stepped up. We are quote on quote the deepest team in the league yet with what talent? Rattie and Jaskin obviously aren't ready yet so other than that who do you have? Cracknell, Porter, Aucoin? Look at the studs up top and compare them to this bunch. Teams that draft well beyond the first round tend to be able to dodge bullets like this much better yes yes i know Detroit finished lower than us. Just making the point when they had everyone go down their scoring didnt come to a COMPLETE STOP and their prospects that came up didnt look lost...

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis
Just got back home from the game, ugliest hockey game I've ever been too :shakehead

This team is going to make me an alcoholic

Gullibull

Oct 18, 2011
Find it funny how Detroit had the same injury issues through ought there season and they didn't just curl up in a ball and cry. Guys like Nyquist, Tatar, Glendening, Sheahan, Jurco all stepped up. We are quote on quote the deepest team in the league yet with what talent? Rattie and Jaskin obviously aren't ready yet so other than that who do you have? Cracknell, Porter, Aucoin? Look at the studs up top and compare them to this bunch. Teams that draft well beyond the first round tend to be able to dodge bullets like this much better yes yes i know Detroit finished lower than us. Just making the point when they had everyone go down their scoring didnt come to a COMPLETE STOP and their prospects that came up didnt look lost...

Same with Chicago, their boys stepped it up when Toes and 25 cent were out. We may not have the depth we thought we had.

But for ****s sake I can't figure out why we don't bring a physical game when our cards are down. Only two seasons ago were we hitting everything that moved and wearing down our opponents. Not anymore. We bring up our AHL squad and STILL don't beat the opposition down. Is this Hitch trying to play the puck possession game when our guys aren't even capable?

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor

No, only four conference finalist are last four picks on draft, others are according to regular season points total. So if all teams with better points total will play in conference final, Blues will have no. 25 pick (it would be no. 26, but Devils will pick at no. 30).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad