Post-Game Talk: GDT: #7 - 10/17/18 | RANGERS @ capitals | 7:00 - NBCSN

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
He's human skating full blast every shift is impossible.

And, playing ballsout means you don't get an effective Kreider playing more minutes. He's a legitimate 1st line LW, a corsi and possession monster and is likely to put up 25-30 goals and around 55-60 points this year. You want to know how Kreider reaches the expectations some people have for him? Play him with Crosby or Malkin. Look what it did for Neal and Hornqvist.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarLionRoar

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The problem with Rangers fans and expectations of the roster is that we've never had "our guy." No matter who or where we've drafted in this era (ignoring Lundqvist of course) the Rangers haven't had a single player break out into a star. So every time a prospect gets hyped people start hoping this will be the one, and are inevitably let down by the results. Kreider is the best example of this. Stepan another, McDonagh another, and Buchnevich will probably get added to that list. The former 3 all great players, just not the elite talent people were hoping for, despite Stepan being an all around better player than some of the players people wished he was.

We didn't draft McD. We fleeced Bob Gainey for him.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He's human skating full blast every shift is impossible.

I think you are twisting words here, I want full effort, not him blindly expelling energy. I want him to be fast for 30 seconds and come off and get ready for the next 30. Without him using his speed he's a fairly average player, it's his speed that makes him a threat and when hes using it like when he came back last year he can be one of the best players in that game.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I understand what you are saying, but to me you are trying to make Brandon Dubinsky into Eric Lindros. Krieder is exactly what he is. A legit top line player, who does have his limitations. That does not mean he is not trying. It means that he has his limitations. To say that he should be Taylor Hall is not realistic. Why not then state that Zbad should be Toews or Malkin?

Not what I'm saying. I've watched Kreider since he was in college and when he uses his speed he alters the game, when he zig Zags trying to dangle or coasts around hes an average player. Straight ahead speed is his game and when he plays that way he tips the scales in our favor. Problem is we see it one game and then it disappears for a couple, so no I'm not asking him to be something he isnt, I'm asking him to be something he is sometimes, all the time.
My comparison to Hall was made in the way that they are both players who can use their speed and size to change a game. Hall has better hands but all in all plays the exact way Kreider does when he is effective on the rush.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'm not well versed in statistical analysis but one thing I do understand is that 7 games is a small sample size. Young players especially will be inconsistent. But they need to play. My biggest complaint so far is that I think Pionk and DeAngelo should play every night. Yes the PK will be hurt but that is the beauty of committing to a rebuild. But overall I'm happy with the effort, and the results will be mixed at best but I'll enjoy the wins and tell myself the losses will help the rebuild.
Hey everyone....... isn't this the best way to look at this season?
The development of our kids and expecting "our core" to really show who they are as leaders. The latter has been awful thus far, excepting Hank.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I want him to fulfill his potential and stop lazily skating around the ice. Games that he is engaged he is one of the best players on the ice, we only see that 1 in 6 games though. The whole team is better when he uses his speed to back the d off the line or chase them down on the forecheck, it opens up space for everyone. He talks like he wants to be a leader on the team but doesn't show it on the ice. If a guy with his size and speed played like Fast he would be hard to stop. There is no excuse for him to not give his all each shift...that's what I want from him,he's not giving it no matter what his point totals are right now.
We all might notice that, but I ask......what is a winner to do? When play is in the defensive zone and having difficulty getting possession.......how is it that Kreids can be effective. He literally is waiting for us to get it......sometimes that doesn't happen for nearly all of the shift. I suppose that's why Jesper has been added to that line......he's great at stealing pucks, "Zijanebad" has to be better. Better lately, but proving he really isn't a #1, which most of us weren't fooled to believing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad