GDT: GDT #56 New York Islanders @ St. Louis Blues | February 22nd | 8 PM | F/4-0 L

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
The complaints here are out of control. I mean, have you seen the team’s valuation recently?

Some of you love being miserable.

I'm trying to assume this is sarcasm, but in case it's not...

Does a 1 billion dollar valuation make any difference in winning a Cup if the GM is steering towards an iceberg?

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
I think to do a true retooling, you need to let Martin and Clutterbuck walk/retire no matter what, and then realistically move two of Lee, Nelson, Pageau, or Palmieri.
to who with their term and cap?? Nobody is trading for them without us giving major capital to cap floor team.

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
Add Casey, Pelech, I’d take calls on Pulock too
Unfortunately not going to move Engvall or Mayfield
Team needs more than cosmetic changes, time for a culture change
Let a guy like Horvat lead it
Those three got some value with a slight rise in the cap next year. Not sure I'd want to move the Defense but kind of in a bind until Pageau/Lee/Palmerni are off the books.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I think to do a true retooling, you need to let Martin and Clutterbuck walk/retire no matter what, and then realistically move two of Lee, Nelson, Pageau, or Palmieri.
JGP and Lee have no value. Actually, I take that back. They have negative value. They're effectively untradeable.

You could get something back for Nelson. And probably even Palms since he only has one year remaining and he's having a half-decent season this year. But if you trade them, it's not going to be a "re-tool." It's a rebuild. And there's nothing wrong with that. This team does need to be rebuilt.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Legit don't understand how anyone can watch the last month of "hockey" and think that this team is just a couple of "small tweaks" away from Cup contention.*

*Unless they are in denial or don't understand basic concepts of building an NHL team.

Green

Nov 13, 2019
How can anyone look at this disaster and think anything other than destroying the team and starting over is the only objective, it will be a long and miserable rebuild but it has to start sometime and the sooner the better, maybe in 6-7 years we might have something to look forward to if we start the rebuild tommorow rather than 10-15 years if the management still thinks team has a chance at doing anything and the objective is to still try and get in the playoffs

Reactions: Glorydays22

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
No one scoring tonight. Can’t get much better chances. f*** we suck

Really shocked at your posts recently that have a tone like if they win a game or two they're actually have a chance of doing anything.

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
6 pages deep on a Thursday night during a supposed playoff push. That’s when you know the faith is gone

Sell what you can, get ready for next year

Reactions: Stercrazy

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Really shocked at your posts recently that have a tone like if they win a game or two they're actually have a chance of doing anything.
Im not delusional. This isn’t a playoff team and if by some miracle they do sneak in they’re not winning a series. Team is an absolute mess

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Should of happened already
its been prolonged and for good reasons. I get that. But as the islanders struggle, it becomes more clear this team needs
1. a new 4th line
2. a new bench without Houda and Maclean
3. a fresh general manager
4. more personality

yeah I get it, we're the underdogs and not the guys who wow you. but I hate that we have to still play by Lou's rules.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
If only they were unleashed, the Isles would be more entertaining and score more…(shhh, and miss the playoffs just like the first time unleashed).

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The best time to retool will be next TDL, not enough UFAs this year, contenders aren’t going to want to take on Nelson/Palmieri and the like with a second year even with 50% retention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad