GDT: GDT #52 New York Islanders vs Calgary Flames | February 10th | 1 PM | F/5-2 L

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Mayfield is having one of his worst seasons. He is making such bad decisions. Again on the PK today he is caught way to high up and a guy is left wide open in front. Just before the goal he is somehow higher up then the puck over half way to the blue line…
Mayfield is a major reason for the horrible PK this season. This should in theory be one of his top performing years out of the 7 year contract along with Engvall.

Both could be replaced by AHL guys like Bolduc and Maclean and we would be in the same or better position this season and much much better off in the future

Reactions: beach

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Engvall has taken over first place in my Least Favorite Islander contest.

He’s a softer Josh Bailey with a lower hockey IQ.

Mayfield is a major reason for the horrible PK this season. This should in theory be one of his top performing years out of the 7 year contract along with Engvall.

Both could be replaced by AHL guys like Bolduc and Maclean and we would be in the same or better position this season and much much better off in the future

This is why not sure why more of us aren't on Lou's case. Engvall & Mayfield aren't the only problems on this team, but they are 2 guys that aren't good enough to be part of the solution...That are wasting 7.5M a year on the cap until 2030. That's just embarrassing GMing when you think of what else that 7.5M could be used on.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
lol just saw Calgary first goal. Obvious it was all downhill from there.

whats up with Nelson? He sucks lately.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.

He chases behind the net and is too darn slow to recover... Got beat down low on goal #2 on the PK.

I also saw Aho and Dobson both go behind the net on goal #3.
Aho Should Not Be Paired with Mayfield on the PK....

Reactions: BillD

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
He chases behind the net and is too darn slow to recover... Got beat down low on goal #2 on the PK.

I also saw Aho and Dobson both go behind the net on goal #3.
Aho Should Not Be Paired with Mayfield on the PK....
I think Both defense doing that was what they are supposed to do but Dobson who was second in didn’t get puck and then they got a little unlucky it bounced its way to Weegar.

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
We better lock up Aho soon as possible, Engvall & Mayfield were puzzlin' enough, I'd rather have Hickey lace them up again. But yeah lets just blame Barzal.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008

The pk needs a complete overhaul. Even while Mayfield was out the Pk was brutal. Hard to believe they are even sniffing the playoffs with a Kill so bad.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
The Flames hemmed the Isles beyond their blueline in the second, got awarded with 2 goals, but when the Isles flipped the script, Markstrom thwarted them most of the time. Roy pulling Varly with 4:15 left ultimately cost the Isles' chances of coming back.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Turned this off at 4-1 empty netter. Guess I'll have to go back and watch highlights(lowlights) to see the last two goals, lol.

Like i said, this team needs to string too many wins together and these comparable opponents need to be wins. I'm just going to stay positive about a full season under Roy, but not going to keep my hopes up for playoff hockey from this team this year.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
To be fair, Aho is not the worst of our problems. Our GM thinking giving seven years to Mayfield and Engvall was a great idea is.
Aho and Bolduc as the 6/7 going into the year was asking for trouble. We have lost at least 4-6 points because of them

I also can’t stand Mayfield and Engvall

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Just saw the Cizikas penalty wow.
The guy choked him.
Apparently the victim is as guilty as the shooter in NHL

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Our GM thought going into the season with Aho as our number 6 was a good idea
That's a shame.

To be fair, Aho is not the worst of our problems. Our GM thinking giving seven years to Mayfield and Engvall was a great idea is.
That's a shame too.

When you start ranking which problem is worse than the other problem, you've probably made too many mistakes and you're compounding them.

Lou's last 3 years has not been good.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
That's a shame.

That's a shame too.

When you start ranking which problem is worse than the other problem, you've probably made too many mistakes and you're compounding them.

Lou's last 3 years has not been good.
Lou Must Go!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad