GDT: GDT #52 New York Islanders vs Calgary Flames | February 10th | 1 PM | F/5-2 L

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
This is not a playoff team. A good GM not in his 80s would recognize that and make some deals to shed contracts and re tool. Trading Nelson must happen.

Engvall and Mayfield are both AHL players at this point. Engvall is one of the softest players I have ever seen

Last edited:

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
Nelson might be playing himself off the team if he continues this level of play down the stretch.

Feels like one of those late Trotz era games where no matter what they do they just aren’t capable of scoring.
Maybe they could get a second rounder for him at dead line. And move Barzal to the second line center.

Symon Asher

Sep 13, 2011
nothing. He’s just a hot-dogging prick who thinks people come to see him and his unnecessary bullshit theatrics

Varly is not the only reason they’re losing this game… but good lord he is a massive reason
13 M on average at best goaltending might be Lou’s worst move

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Has Lee scored under Roy?
The team has unquestionably been better since Roy took over, until today.
The next couple of weeks we find out if that's genuine sustainable improvement, or just a new coach bounce.
If it's the latter then that's a player issue.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Engvall has taken over first place in my Least Favorite Islander contest.

He’s a softer Josh Bailey with a lower hockey IQ.
Watch him go towards any puck on the corner or near the boards. Engvall has elite talent at avoiding contact and allowing the other team to take control. I said it before but there is a reason Tornonto dumped him before going into the playoffs

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
This is not a playoff team. A good GM not in his 80s would recognize that and make some deals to shed contracts and re tool. Trading Nelson must happen.

Engvall and Mayfield are both AHL players at this point. Engvall is one of the softest players I have ever seen
Mayfield is having one of his worst seasons. He is making such bad decisions. Again on the PK today he is caught way to high up and a guy is left wide open in front. Just before the goal he is somehow higher up then the puck over half way to the blue line…

Reactions: beach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad