GDT: GDT #50 New York Islanders @ Toronto Maple Leafs | February 5th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-2

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Sorkin's best game of the year?

Loved Barzal's game with the exception of the turnover fest late in the third. He seems to have a connection with Reilly.

Love the no Aho. Why Mayfield out of the timeout at 1:20??

Great to see McLean get one on the big stage.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI and MJF

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Tucker = excrement

Yeah. I remember all Isles fans wanted to kill him and understandably so - Just for being himself, but especially after he injured Peca.

That said Tucker was a loser. That infantile dance he did in the penalty box showed me he own teammates probably didn't like him.

However to me Corson was like a professional piece of shit. If that Leafs team formed a terrorist group, Corson would've been the mastermind and he would've had Tucker just be like the lemming suicide bomber.

Tucker = excrement

Yeah. I remember all Isles fans wanted to kill him and understandably so - Just for being himself, but especially after he injured Peca.

That said Tucker was a loser. That infantile dance he did in the penalty box showed me he own teammates probably didn't like him.

However to me Corson was like a professional piece of shit. If that Leafs team formed a terrorist group, Corson would've been the mastermind and he would've had Tucker just be like the lemming suicide bomber.

Medvescak

Kid Calder
Mar 22, 2018
Couldn't agree more - hence my avatar paying homage to a well deserved beatdown of said POS.

Reactions: periferal

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Osama bin Corson?
Yasser Shane!
The UniTucker?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Glad he scored and all. But engvall stinks. Why is this guy signed for another 6 years. Ugh
It was a stupid contract from Lou. It’s like going to a car showroom and negotiating your payments instead of negotiating the price of the car. That’s how you end up owing to the bank for 72 months.

If Lou couldn’t afford Engvall and Mayfield’s prices for3 or 4 years, walk away.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It was a stupid contract from Lou. It’s like going to a car showroom and negotiating your payments instead of negotiating the price of the car. That’s how you end up owing to the bank for 72 months.

If Lou couldn’t afford Engvall and Mayfield’s prices for3 or 4 years, walk away.
At least this is a better analogy than the terrorist ones above... :)

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
This is the BEST that we will see this team for the rest of the season. With that much rest, we can keep the pace like that for all 3 periods. We MAY be able to do it again this Thursday because 2 days off, on top of the all star break, but that's all she wrote! Isles are all downhill from here...just hope the other teams go downhill a lot quicker!

Actually, I think this team has another level to them.

They are still adjusting to Roy's system and JUST got healthy; there's upside, but is there enough time to achieve it?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Actually, I think this team has another level to them.

They are still adjusting to Roy's system and JUST got healthy; there's upside, but is there enough time to achieve it?
I’ll go with the 2 wildcards and the 3 seed in each division are up for grabs. That’s 4 spots, plenty of time.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Really nice way to start off the final 33-game stretch.

We had their number this year (and in prior years). Wish we could say that about more teams out there.

Really sick breakaway by MacLean. Not a whole lot of players out there who do THAT for their first ever NHL goal.

Tavares scores.
Engvall scores.

Who here didn't expect that to happen in this game?

Truth is though, Toronto could have scored 6 or 7 this game. We got the Sorokin of old. But they had some real good chances and those posts. Regretfully, some of those opportunities once again came after our guys had like 100% chance to get the biscuit out of the zone safely and failed to do so.

Particularly the plays with these soft little cutsie passes have me pulling my hair out.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I wonder if Clutter tells JT things like, "no matter how much older you get, I'll always see you as being 14 years old, and needing a friend." Seriously though, they've known each other for at least 19 years. That's something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad