GDT: GDT #50 New York Islanders @ Toronto Maple Leafs | February 5th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-2

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Dude...

You just brought me back. I cannot tell you how I wanted Corson dead as a result of that series. I am such a sick person, but I wanted him to literally suffer.

It is so good that I spend most of my time typing instead of doing.

IKR! I feel the same way. We all have to grow as a persons and get beyond the primeval hate. That series was so surreal....

RWWallpaper

Mar 9, 2006
Looked much more like the first three years under Trots tonight than they have in a very long time. Not a Picasso but a damn good road game all around.

Reactions: PWJunior

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Best overall game from Barzal in a long time. We know he has a chip on his shoulder vs pajama boy but let’s make this an every night thing. Very Datsyukian out there

Pulock looked real good out there considering how much time he’s missed. Pelech looked more settled playing with him.

Man on man dzone coverage is better. Still caught puck watching too much.

Thought Wahlstrom had a solid game. Was moving a lot better. His shot can be an asset.

Last edited:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
This is the BEST that we will see this team for the rest of the season. With that much rest, we can keep the pace like that for all 3 periods. We MAY be able to do it again this Thursday because 2 days off, on top of the all star break, but that's all she wrote! Isles are all downhill from here...just hope the other teams go downhill a lot quicker!

Reactions: Barzaltrick

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Yeah
These are professional hockey men, they see something I clearly don’t

Perhaps there is more to Mayfield than meets the eye?

"No, there is less.... much much less"

This was the type of game we would have lost under previous coaches. Had the game on mute for the last minute, and glad I did. Keeps the BP down.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Dude...

You just brought me back. I cannot tell you how I wanted Corson dead as a result of that series. I am such a sick person, but I wanted him to literally suffer.

It is so good that I spend most of my time typing instead of doing.
Tucker = excrement

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
jfc Barzal was an animal out there. Still, I don't think he can play 23 minutes a night very often.

To Horvat & Lee: hit the net, boys.

John Tavares was an angry mf'er.

Dobson's passes were very accurate if to the wrong team. Guess he was rusty.

If NYI can sharply reduce Mayfield's TOI, it will be an excellent thing. Pulock looked better than he did to start the season.

Reactions: dino26

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
It was a true pleasure not watching Bolduc and Aho last night.

I love Barzal getting big minutes. I feel like he is not taking his 2 minute shifts either so he is playing fresh. From a fans perspective Horvat is the real captain

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
This is the BEST that we will see this team for the rest of the season. With that much rest, we can keep the pace like that for all 3 periods. We MAY be able to do it again this Thursday because 2 days off, on top of the all star break, but that's all she wrote! Isles are all downhill from here...just hope the other teams go downhill a lot quicker!
That's your takeaway after watching last night's game?

It was a true pleasure not watching Bolduc and Aho last night.

I love Barzal getting big minutes. I feel like he is not taking his 2 minute shifts either so he is playing fresh. From a fans perspective Horvat is the real captain
Horvat & Barzal have been everything we could have hoped for when the trade was made. Though I gotta say, while admirable, I really dislike the whole "fight a guy after a clean hit" thing. Pretty lame IMO.

Medvescak

Kid Calder
Mar 22, 2018
Horvat & Barzal have been everything we could have hoped for when the trade was made. Though I gotta say, while admirable, I really dislike the whole "fight a guy after a clean hit" thing. Pretty lame IMO.
I agree with the fighting after clean hit being lame comment but I felt this particular case was more along the lines of a "headhunting" type hit if you know what I mean. If I remember correctly there was already a Leaf player checking or very close to him. Could have been disastrous if Barzy didn't see it coming. Players are especially vulnerable when already tied up with another opponent and then gets blindsided. This coupled with the cheapshot that Pelech took from Gallagher I feel completely warranted the response from Bo "the eagle" Horvat.

One type of bad hit that I remember was quite a few years back when Dion Phaneuf went out of his way to obliterate Okposo who was already occupied with another Calgary player as he crossed the blueline. I believe it was an exhibition game as well.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I agree with the fighting after clean hit being lame comment but I felt this particular case was more along the lines of a "headhunting" type hit if you know what I mean. If I remember correctly there was already a Leaf player checking or very close to him. Could have been disastrous if Barzy didn't see it coming. Players are especially vulnerable when already tied up with another opponent and then gets blindsided. This coupled with the cheapshot that Pelech took from Gallagher I feel completely warranted the response from Bo "the eagle" Horvat.

One type of bad hit that I remember was quite a few years back when Dion Phaneuf went out of his way to obliterate Okposo who was already occupied with another Calgary player as he crossed the blueline. I believe it was an exhibition game as well.
True. It could've been a bad deal no doubt.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Glad he scored and all. But engvall stinks. Why is this guy signed for another 6 years. Ugh
Speed! The isles needed speed! ;)

He did play well with Nelson last year and earlier this year. He’s definitely a waif in terms of using his body and being strong on the puck.

Reactions: Potvottier

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
While I was tense for most of the third, the only period I watched on Sportsnet, especially when JT tied the game on the power play from Wahlstrom's intereference penalty, where the Leafs could have also received a penalty, I am glad the Isles bounced back as Pierre Engvall haunted his old team. Great for the Isles to sweep the Leafs this season.

Reactions: Potvottier

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad