GDT: GDT: 4/11 Caps vs Sabres

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
A well constructed team does not sell at TDL for two years in a row. GMBM will always be remembered for his part in 2018 but its been down hill ever since. Interestingly enough, 2018 was in big part owed to two big free agent signings and Oshie trade. Neither one has happened since 2018. Whether its trough draft, trades, waivers of fa signings, GMBM has been trying to find guys that either injured or coming off an injury, or dropped in draft position because of injury. Always trying to be smarter than everybody else. Not saying that its been a fail every time, obviously some choices are working out better than others. Just saying it seems like they strayed away from the very strategy that helped them win a cup in the first place.

Saw Ovi mention something along the lines of im sure gm will sign some experienced guys this summer. My guess would be the conversation went something like hey forget the two waisted years. We got $ to spend and we are going to use it this summer.

Time will tell but knowing Ted i think its safe to say that we are stuck with GMBM for foreseeable future-results be dammed.

I'm not convinced Ted doesn't still meddle. Years from now we'll look back and some of the guys GMBM wanted to trade possibly got nullified. I mean historically this happened.

Isles also had a coaching change mid-season that's starting to kick in.

This will rattle a few, but I will laugh my ass off if both the NYI and Pens knock out the top two seeds. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens despite trading Guentzel make it to the ECF. I say this because no matter what folks or myself think, they manage to pull off stuff. My hatred for them is still the same though.

Edit: Well one of them knock out the top seed since one is a WC holder.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Isles are 8-2 in their last 10. Pens are 7-0-3 (pts in 10 straight). Caps, Wings and Philly are all well sub .500 in their L10, completely out of gas. Two teams want it and are earning it, three teams don't. Sucks, but its the reality.
We had our run before them…..they were all floundering and we were like 7–3…..dudes don’t have anything left I fear…

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm not convinced Ted doesn't still meddle. Years from now we'll look back and some of the guys GMBM wanted to trade possibly got nullified. I mean historically this happened.

This will rattle a few, but I will laugh my ass off if both the NYI and Pens knock out the top two seeds. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pens despite trading Guentzel make it to the ECF. I say this because no matter what folks or myself think, they manage to pull off stuff. My hatred for them is still the same though.

Edit: Well one of them knock out the top seed since one is a WC holder.
I think he's been pretty open about the things he wants and doesn't want. But if the suggestion is that he's pulling strings behind the scenes as well, it hardly seems fair to then blame GMBM for being unable to build a roster.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think he's been pretty open about the things he wants and doesn't want. But if the suggestion is that he's pulling strings behind the scenes as well, it hardly seems fair to then blame GMBM for being unable to build a roster.

I still have that lingering doubt, but who knows. He's willing to spend money and support the Caps no matter what, so I'll give him that. Amazing 30 years ago when you ask a DC area native about the Caps they were like who? Times and people do change lol.

I tried this. Didn't help.

Hardcore dedication!

Reactions: Calicaps

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I wonder what having Mantha around for this final stretch would have done. Is everyone still happy that they got a second + fourth round pick for him when maybe he could have given them that extra punch to give them a few more standings points? They've scored 2 or fewer in 8 straight games. I didn't really like the trade then and I really don't like it now.

But the biggest managerial/ownership blunder is still the Wilson contract. They had an incredible opportunity to capitalize on a highly valued asset last offseason and instead doubled down on a declining asset, with predictable results this season. He's outscoring only 6 regular forwards in the NHL on a rate basis at 5v5 (266th out of 272 forwards).

I think he's still tradable this offseason and they need to pull the trigger on it, but I think his value is going to be lower than last season. This may be their final opportunity to get any value though.
At this point you could just save time copy/pasting your previous many posts on this subject matter and have more time at life. The Wilson agenda you are espousing is..
1*xTV_l3RAEocW6zzp7OWspg.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad