GDT: GDT #34 Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Islanders | December 27th | 7:30 PM | F/L 7-0

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
No, the point is that there is no one way to win a championship in today's NHL, where the league has deemed more scoring and entertainment is going to be the focus (as we see with the way penalties are called for hindering movement).

Under the current way of officiating, we are not going to win with a defense-first approach, as those stats show on the chart. How many of us would believe that we would be outscoring a team with Crosby, Malkin, Guetzel, Letang and Karlsson? I doubt any of us would have predicted that. And the Pens give up 0.4 LESS GOALS than we do, but we are 7 points ahead of them.

This is the point. When the league shows their hand, take it seriously. The GAA league-wide has gone up the last 3 years and is now 2.96, while the league-wide save % is down to .903 this year (we are at .911, so the focus on spending money on the goalies is smart so far). It no longer is about defense being the determinant.

When we went to the ECF the first time, we had a -1 goal differential in the regular season, it isn't as simple as you state. A few bad losses in 82 games skews that stat. Tampa is currently a minus and Detroit is a plus, but Tampa is ahead of them.

I agree that the league is changing and its fairly obvious you either score at a high rate on the PP or your a bad team. HOWEVER their are a few terrible habits this team has played through and HAS to get better at if they wanna make a run at this thing. In the 3rd period it looks like our dman can not make a first pass out of the zone, it costs us constantly. losing assignments in the dzone are still happening way to much but better than early in the season. the PK is obvious but Pelech/Pulock/Mayfield being out is the reason imo. Their are things we need to clean up even with changes to the style of play in the NHL, doesn't mean we can't have clean breakouts from the dzone. Our forecheck is our main strength IMO 5 on 5.

Reactions: MJF

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Nice call and don’t forget about his sidekick Chumley.

Burgess Meredith also made a good Penguin.
Uhh, gee Tennessee . . .

And Don Adams as Tennessee. We had a lot of great cartoons in the day. Bullwinkle was the best of the bunch.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Mayfield is skating. Practiced with the PK unit this morning.

First comment says Pulock had a broken ankle and Pelech broke his wrist. I suspected that with Pelech but never saw confirmation on either.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Uhh, gee Tennessee . . .

And Don Adams as Tennessee. We had a lot of great cartoons in the day. Bullwinkle was the best of the bunch.
I liked all of those but Wally Cox as Underdog was my favorite.

Just to keep it marginally on topic I’ll add to your Tennessee Tuxedo/Penguin reference

Bruins: Yogi Bear
Rags: Peter Potamus (for their coach)
Panthers: The Pink Panther
Hurricanes: Tasmanian Devil
Avalanche: Dudley Do-Right
Ducks: Donald Duck
Coyotes: Wile E. Coyote

And for the Senators Assistant Coach: Fred Flintstone

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Begone Aho

He stay gone or he be gone . He will lose all his L I privileges

IMG_7426.jpeg

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I liked all of those but Wally Cox as Underdog was my favorite.

Just to keep it marginally on topic I’ll add to your Tennessee Tuxedo/Penguin reference

Bruins: Yogi Bear
Rags: Peter Potamus (for their coach)
Panthers: The Pink Panther
Hurricanes: Tasmanian Devil
Avalanche: Dudley Do-Right
Ducks: Donald Duck
Coyotes: Wile E. Coyote

And for the Senators Assistant Coach: Fred Flintstone

Underdog was a particular favorite of mine too

Sweet Polly Purebread was to me what Roxann Dawson was to the dog in MIB2. "She's not even my specie and I'm attracted" :laugh:

Commander McBragg would fit the Laffs well . . .

The Hurricanes might be better noted as any Brazilian soccer player

imagine this not so pretty skinny kid breaks the great #66 short handed goal record or flirts with it. would be quite funny
Skinny?
One inch shorter and the same weight as Clark Gillies!

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
One of two TZ roles.
He's got some Bio

US Air Force Captain in WW2
Married 4 times
Movies, Theatre, TV, Voiceovers, Radio

One of my favorite novels, The Man, by Irving Wallace, was made into a movie with him as the protagonist racist Senator Zeke Watson

Reactions: crashthenet

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Just got off the phone with Lambert. I told him, no chess- just do it! He must of had me on speaker phone because I heard a chorus of players in the locker room yelling out, "Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhh!"

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00