GDT: GDT #30 New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens | December 16th | 7 PM | F/L 4-3

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Dobson was considered second best D in his draft which was the Dahlin draft...damn....that draft produced a lot of core dmen. If Dobson can consistently keep this up, then he's way better than Quinn.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Again I only caught the end of the game tonight. I blame the loss on all the posters who belittled Josh Anderson in trade discussions - he obviously was motivated by that and scored 2 goals against us. Seriously though, need to start getting healthy on D so that we reduce the ice time of the guys who should be on the bottom pair or watching from the press box.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Isles really showed heart in that last period, but it is disappointing because if they played even half as well in the first and second as they did in the third we probably win this game by 2-3 goals.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Nice fightback for nix.
They did well on home stand without three main D, but I'm not sure they pass the eye test overall.
The blown leads, consistently conceding 3 goals in succession, struggling penalty kill and consistently bad play when either defending an empty net or trying to score into one seem to be major red flags for Lane's coaching?
They're shown enough patches of good play to suggest they are in the mix but not sure it can happen under him.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Again I only caught the end of the game tonight. I blame the loss on all the posters who belittled Josh Anderson in trade discussions - he obviously was motivated by that and scored 2 goals against us. Seriously though, need to start getting healthy on D so that we reduce the ice time of the guys who should be on the bottom pair or watching from the press box.
Yes Dobson and Romanov are lucky they are young cause they are being asked to play half the games now. Romanov a long with most of the guys looked tired tonight.

Reactions: PWJunior

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Yes Dobson and Romanov are lucky they are young cause they are being asked to play half the games now. Romanov a long with most of the guys looked tired tonight.
Romanov and Dobson are gonna die from how much work they're doing. I hate saying this, but we need Scotty back.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
This is why muffing it against the Bs is unacceptable since this game had all the ‘loss’ signs on it just from the logistics side, let alone the actual game.

• Haha
Reactions: Fist of Fury

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Thank goodness after next week they have only 5 back to backs the rest of the year and only one between 12/20 and 3/10 because they suck under Lambert in 2nd games it seems

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Thank goodness after next week they have only 5 back to backs the rest of the year and only one between 12/20 and 3/10 because they suck under Lambert in 2nd games it seems
Different players and style of play. I don’t see a 1/1 comparable on Barry vs Lane. Playing a ‘boring’ shut down style affords the team more legs and control in the second game. Under this current style and players, gonna be a 50/50 out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Fist of Fury

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
This is a good team, I hope Lou gets them some reinforcements.

Lane has bought himself more time. How can you fire a coach that is basically winning most games.
Ftorek was fired with 95 points in 74 games. Never say never.

Isles emptied the tank last night and got screwed. They were out of gas. Can't really blame the coach unless someone thinks taking a timeout in the second would have saved them.

Parise or a player like Jason Dickson would help.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Yes however Boston is at home but at least they made a game of it at the end

Ain't a team in the NHL who if they needed 2 points would rather play the rangers at home than the Canadiens on the road. The Habs rank literally 32nd in forward goal scoring and tonight the Isles gave up 5 of them - All to forwards.

Some nights just happen, but the play was so bad tonight against a truly inferior opponent that you can't just throw it out as a one off thing when underlying problems continue to be exposed.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
More mentally checked out than physically those first two periods. They were standing and watching on those 3rd and 4th goals and seemingly looked half asleep out there for 40 minutes. Embarrassing. Even if it was one of the tougher back to backs your gonna play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad