GDT: GDT #24 New York Islanders vs San Jose Sharks | December 5th | 7:30 PM | F/5-4 OTL

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
It’s a shame, I do believe this is a good team with a coach that can maximize its talent. They are lacking a better coach and another top-4 Dman. They can get away with the scoring they have, especially if they tighten the D up. The better you defend, the less time you spend in your zone; which in turn can spur the offense.

Sorokin should return to form; with that said, he’s pretty much looked off since preseason.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
If Lambert isn’t getting fired after tonight he isn't going to be fired. A experienced coach like Gallant, Evason etc would I’m sure love to walk into spot where team actually holds a playoff spot. It’s time to end the Lambert experience and get coach that hopefully can clean up this third period mess that plagues this team.

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
They need to sit Sorokins ass until he gets his game together. It’s not all his fault but he should have stopped at least half those goals
Every time they sign a guy to a lengthy extension, they follow it up with a sub-par year. Pelech, Pulock, Mayfield, Sorokin

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
They're trying to buck that reputation of being a boring team that plays in low-scoring games.

This whole franchise is incredibly broken right now. Lou & Lane have to go.
Somewhere Dougie is smiling

Probably in Lou’s library, by the fire as they sip cognac together
Lou nods off, Weight unlocks the door to allow Garth in
Then the evil cackle laugh rings out

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Just sit Sorokin and they will finish these games. Sorokin too far back in the net. Where is Korn?

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Sorokin has not been great.
Mayfield has been woeful beyond belief.
The fourth line has to be broken up. We keep putting them out there at critical times and they keep sucking. Nice one Lane.
Lee is a non event.
At least Holmy has been great this season and Dobson has stepped up. Not many other positives.
Is that eight losses at home in 12 games?
They are just hanging on to hopw, but if Lane stays they are inevitably collapsing again before long.

Symon Asher

Sep 13, 2011
Isle need to do the following
1Fire Lambert

2 Sorkin chokes when the game is on the line
He is at least partially responsible for these ridiculous lead losses. He needs to watch from the press box to get his game back

3 Get Hanifin

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
If Lambert isn’t getting fired after tonight he isn't going to be fired. A experienced coach like Gallant, Evason etc would I’m sure love to walk into spot where team actually holds a playoff spot. It’s time to end the Lambert experience and get coach that hopefully can clean up this third period mess that plagues this team.
Houda is a big part of the problem. The defense and defensive zone coverage is a mess. Pointed out many many times. I assume he is the Aho fan as well.

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
Scream at them coach. Can we get torts from Philly. Just pathetic.
Sad but true

How many times do we get shots of the bench and Lambert looks like Joe Biden
His expression is confusion, like he can’t find the exit, do I go left, right? Take the stairs?

Lambert is in over his head, might’ve been a good assistant, it everyone can handle bring the head guy

Can somebody explain also why Reilly with his skating ability and offensive instincts does not get a single shift in OT?
Good question
Holmstrom too

Reactions: Nassau Revisited

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Houda is a big part of the problem. The defense and defensive zone coverage is a mess. Pointed out many many times. I assume he is the Aho fan as well.
Yeah whole coaching staff can go, power play is fixed and penalty killing is broken. Hiring a new coach especially with experience I’m sure is going to come with the assistants they want.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.

If he is not getting Fired, then I am not gonna subject myself for another 59 games of this Circus Fiasco!

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Can’t keep going like this. Something has to change. They should be 2nd in the div.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Please save us. Just tear it down. Save 8, 30, and 10(yup, I think he's gonna be a good one.) Fire the rest into the sun(see what you can get for them first). Fire the entire staff, including the front office. This team is not set up to win anything.

Reactions: periferal

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
lets be real how many teams have you seen give up the easiest tying goal.

That was a tap in goal from someone wide open on the door step

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad