GDT: GDT: #23| FLYERS at Rangers | Sat., Nov. 29, 2014 | 1:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
We have defense that just don't like to step into the play. There when Raffl controlled the puck Coburn could have came in from his spot to the slot for a chance. Nope he just watched the play

Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
It's all the same. it makes no difference. if anything I'd rather them not have to cart the worst PK unit in the league out there more often. Do you think that would be better? Because that's just gonna be more goals against.

I think playing with emotion and intensity is a good thing. Alot of guys equate that to hitting and fighting. So, if a good hit or scrap gets some of the guys going, I'm all for it! Yeah, you risk catching a penalty, but if you just play passive, seems to me you your denying yourself a potential spark.

Jakubcakes

Nov 22, 2014
Philly
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've now resorted to watching away games with the TV on mute, only so many times i can listen to other teams goal horns and fans.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
LOL. This is such a horrific train of thought. More of a trainwreck ,really.

Pitt is better because they are a far more complete team. The PIMs have ****-all to do with that. The Flyers are terrible because they're a monstrously flawed roster. Taking more penalties is only going to make them lose even more games by a larger amount.

Whatever style you're proposing makes less than no sense. Like demanding they shoot on the PP when there's blatantly no lane.

You can have the best roster in the world. You play the prevent D you wont go anywhere.

Nashville's history has taught us that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wa wa wa "strawman".

Well your style sure as hell has helped them bred success.

11th in the league in fewest PIM but 26th in the league in points.

Meanwhile Pitt second most in PIM league wise
tied for second in point standings.

Yeah, you're right. We're 26th in the league in points because we have less penalty minutes than last year. Obviously the problem with this team is they're not physical enough and they don't take enough penalties, that sounds like a reasonable and well thought out analysis. :laugh:

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I think playing with emotion and intensity is a good thing. Alot of guys equate that to hitting and fighting. So, if a good hit or scrap gets some of the guys going, I'm all for it! Yeah, you risk catching a penalty, but if you just play passive, seems to me you your denying yourself a potential spark.

I wouldn't mind a scrap after this pk is done. It'll either be 5-2 or like 2 minutes left. Either way its a loss. You might as well show some intensity and turn somebody into hamburger meat since you have to play the Rangers again like 3 more times this season.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Positive is he will almost certainly be fired this afternoon. He finally benches someone above league minimum , yet chooses the dynamic duo over PEB when the one thing we need is speed vs Rags. :laugh: Home fans really need to boo Vinny every chance they get and shame him out of town. The worst top 9 Flyer maybe ever ?

Emery is just being Emery, rags know that too as they attempted 10 plus wrap a rounds today.

And reunites Luke MDZ a which has always been brutal.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Yeah, you're right. We're 26th in the league in points because we have less penalty minutes than last year. Obviously the problem with this team is they're not physical enough and they don't take enough penalties, that sounds like a reasonable and well thought out analysis. :laugh:

Critical reading skills are necessary.

I never said more penalties will equal success.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Critical reading skills are necessary.

I never said more penalties will equal success.

You said we have few penalty minutes and are 26th and that Pitt has the most and are higher up as if the amount of penalty minutes have anything to do with either teams position. If you didn't think it meant anything then you wouldn't have mentioned it.

But hey, keep it up, you're doing great.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Rags coaching is brilliant, they completely over play G and out forwards are lost. Streit, MDZ a and Jake all just stare at G and then still try and get passes to him. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad