GDT: GDT: 2014 NHL Entry Draft – Round 2-7: Sat Jun 28, 10AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Can't wait to watch RIS coverage with surely Gaston Therrien and his vast knowledge of who was picked and why we didn't take a Quebecer in the 2nd round...:sarcasm:

It got so bad last night, even the Mrs. was getting upset and she is always on the "get the local kid" train.

"Pur laine, the **** does that even mean? I'm a proud Quebecois, esti but because my mom is Spanish, I'm not pur laine? I'm a Rivest, maudite, va chier!" :laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It got so bad last night, even the Mrs. was getting upset and she is always on the "get the local kid" train.

"Pur laine, the **** does that even mean? I'm a proud Quebecois, esti but because my mom is Spanish, I'm not pur laine? I'm a Rivest, maudite, va chier!" :laugh:

There will be some pure laine fine candidate at one point though. Big fan of Vanier and Pelletier. I believe Pelletier will be this year's Grégoire. As in, he will shine a whole lot more next year. Also love Goulet. Aubé-Kubel...well I'm fine with it. But not incredibly thrilled by him. And if somehow Olivier Leblanc last till the 7th round...he has to be considered.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
Would love to get Julien Pelletier for my own selfish reasons of having a Habs prospect to watch at home all year :laugh:

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
I was annoyed with yannick, the new guy.

I thought he complained way too much with offensive players consistency, trying to show some vast knowledge.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I thought he complained way too much with offensive players consistency, trying to show some vast knowledge.

News flash, unless you are an elite talent at the NHL level, you're always going to be inconsistent offensively.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

Wonder what TVA Sports will look like....they won't probably have a Leroux. But everything else on RDS was insanely bad. I will never never understand how RDS could be SO dumb then to use their most knowledgeable guy ONLY to make him talk to prospects and ask them if they speak french. RDS dumbness, and the fact that they never listened to the fans who asked them to improve their hockey sound compared to the other channels makes me love what happened to them. Nobody should take the fans for granted. And they did. TVA has A LOT of work to do to find people though....Fine with Casavant on the play-by-play. But Séguin will be doing the Habs games...and I'm not sure about that high pitch voice of his....And Lalime on commentary...geez, that will be really dull. But we'll give them some time for sure....

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
News flash, unless you are an elite talent at the NHL level, you're always going to be inconsistent offensively.

Exactly! And he would spend so much time explaining the inconsistency, I believe he knew nothing on these guys.

Most of his comments were "this guy can do things that noone else can do, but he doesn't always do it"

I'm also not sure how many players can do things nobody else can do...

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I also listened to 98,5fm last night...and the funny part was that Dubé was ALWAYS able to nailed everybody that was going to be picked....And he kinda made it look like it was coming from him when CLEARLY, he had received the names just prior it happened. Dubé and McGuire did a great job even if they had NO IDEA who they were talking about. McGuire was just totally misreading most of the names, Dubé was mixing their position from D to forwards, not knowing their nationalities and yet...was still able to get EVERY pick in order...:laugh:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
If any one of Anton Karlsson, Bryan Thomas, Brendan Lemieux, Peterssen or Gersich remain available for the Habs, it would be great imo.

None of those guys will be there at 86. Gersich...a big maybe. But he shouldn't.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
It would be really nice to have a 2nd rounder right now, but I guess having all those picks last year help make up for it.

Either way it would be nice to see us acquire a 2nd, but at what expense? May not be worth it.

Just sucks to know we're not picking until almost round 4.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

i've heard good thingsabout thie aube-kubel kid....can anyone give some info about him and whether he's available in late round 3 or not?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Would be awesome if Habs had a second rounder, made a decent trade or announced a key signing! Something!

Oct 22, 2012
based on the way Bergevin frantically spoke with San Jose, LA, and St. Louis right after Kapanen was drafted leads me to think he was on their list and they thought Scherbak would be gone by their pick.

I believe MB confirmed that was his plan, if no Scherbak then grab a couple seconds

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
There will be some pure laine fine candidate at one point though. Big fan of Vanier and Pelletier. I believe Pelletier will be this year's Grégoire. As in, he will shine a whole lot more next year. Also love Goulet. Aubé-Kubel...well I'm fine with it. But not incredibly thrilled by him. And if somehow Olivier Leblanc last till the 7th round...he has to be considered.

I selfishly hope Leblanc goes before that.:D

Don't tell me you wouldn't be happy with NAK at #86. I understand if you don't want us to lose assets to get into the 2nd round and then pick him, because his offensive upside might not be as apparent as some other players that will get picked around him (namely Point and De Leo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA