GDT: GDT: 2014 NHL Entry Draft – Round 2-7: Sat Jun 28, 10AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wakey Wakey!

It's Draft Day 2 in less than 4 hours!

Buffalo will be racking some more prospects in that 2nd round....at one point, they already have a great pool, it will get greater real soon despite the "weaker" draft. Would be fine to do something here...but not expecting anything.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
morning! tim horton's here i come~

hC6FCDCA3

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
So....if the Habs are a lazy bunch....I'm predicting Nelson Nogier in the 3rd or 4th round. Wonder if the Habs will be scared of his shoulder injury though. But as a player, I was impressed by his composure everytime I saw him.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
So....if the Habs are a lazy bunch....I'm predicting Nelson Nogier in the 3rd or 4th round. Wonder if the Habs will be scared of his shoulder injury though. But as a player, I was impressed by his composure everytime I saw him.

Isn't Scherbak living with him and his parents or something?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Isn't Scherbak living with him and his parents too or something?

Don't know but didn't we just see an interview with him and Nogier by his side. So maybe. They do seem close. Nogier in itself though is really an interesting case. Do seem like defensive first and foremost, but skates really well and I've seen some interesting offensive instincts. Yet, got hurt in December. Really another homerun possible pick. But they might think he's another Didier which I wouldn't agree as I see Nogier with more offensive potential. I'm mostly predicting a D though. Probably tough defensive one.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Hoping Bergy can get an early 2nd round pick...... what's the best top 3 plyer left outside of Barbashev?

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hoping Bergy can get an early 2nd round pick...... what's the best top 3 plyer left outside of Barbashev?

I have Dougherty, Pettersson, McKeown for sure. Then Lemieux, Glover, Demko, Donato, Cornel, Pollock, Jacobs, Thomas, Magyar.....Some REALLY great picks at the beginning of the 2nd.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Don't know but didn't we just see an interview with him and Nogier by his side. So maybe. They do seem close. Nogier in itself though is really an interesting case. Do seem like defensive first and foremost, but skates really well and I've seen some interesting offensive instincts. Yet, got hurt in December. Really another homerun possible pick. But they might think he's another Didier which I wouldn't agree as I see Nogier with more offensive potential. I'm mostly predicting a D though. Probably tough defensive one.

That's what I'm expecting as well although I have no clue who it might be.

Edit: Timmins does seem to have a penchant for taking undersized skill players in the mid-rounds. I would kind of like to see that change to giving more consideration to guys with some decent size with decent skills. Yeah, I know I know, that's how we got Gallagher. Just sayin...

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Would not mind if we took Mads Eller in the later rounds.

theres going to be plenty of good players in the later rounds, its hard to say who we should pick now because we dont know whos going to be available :P

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Geez, I thought getting up at 7:30 a.m on a Saturday was crazy, but you guys take the cake.

Read on Twitter that Scherbak was the last player available that the Habs were interested in. If he wasn't there, they would've traded the pick.

I really wish we could get into the 2nd round, but I'm glad we took Scherbak.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Geez, I thought getting up at 7:30 a.m on a Saturday was crazy, but you guys take the cake.

Read on Twitter that Scherbak was the last player available that the Habs were interested in. If he wasn't there, they would've traded the pick.

I really wish we could get into the 2nd round, but I'm glad we took Scherbak.

I guess that means we are not trading up for Barbashev.

also makes sense, that as soon as it was our team, people were tweeting that we were keeping our pick.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Obviously the top two guys on my list are Barbashev and Dougherty, then Demko. I expect those 3 to go soon.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
NHL network only..

But truth be told, their coverage sucks.. Find a radio station if you can, follow along on here and refresh the draft tracker on NHL.com

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Yeah, you're likely going to hear more selections on the radio than on the NHL Network. All they do is show one selection out of every 10, followed by a 20 minute interview with a kid drafted last night.

How long does today run? I'm at a soccer tournament until noon, so it would be nice to catch the last two rounds or so.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I guess that means we are not trading up for Barbashev.

also makes sense, that as soon as it was our team, people were tweeting that we were keeping our pick.

Yup, and if Scherbak wasn't there MB would've traded down maybe with L.A. or Blues, which is why he was in heavy discussion with them.

I'm curious though who else was on their list since Scherbak was only one player they were interested in at 26.

Maybe Schmaltz, McCann or Bleakley?

Analyzer*

Yeah, you're likely going to hear more selections on the radio than on the NHL Network. All they do is show one selection out of every 10, followed by a 20 minute interview with a kid drafted last night.

How long does today run? I'm at a soccer tournament until noon, so it would be nice to catch the last two rounds or so.

You should be able to catch it. The 2nd and 3rd round tend to have more trades than the later half, so it slows it down for a bit.

I imagine it will be done around 1-1:30.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
based on the way Bergevin frantically spoke with San Jose, LA, and St. Louis right after Kapanen was drafted leads me to think he was on their list and they thought Scherbak would be gone by their pick.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Can't wait to watch RIS coverage with surely Gaston Therrien and his vast knowledge of who was picked and why we didn't take a Quebecer in the 2nd round...:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille