GDT: GDT: 15 TORONTO @ CALGARY OCT 30, 8:00 p.m. THE WALKING DEAD/HALLOWEEN EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Kadri really showed he still needs to refine his defensive play on that Stajan goal. Showed some inexperience there.

While true, I far, far, far prefer Kadri as our top line C over Stajan, who was our top line C a few years ago, of course.

Stajan can have one goal... Kadri has 13P this season.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Kadri really showed he still needs to refine his defensive play on that Stajan goal. Showed some lack of awareness there as Ward and Maurice pointed out.

yeah he does, but Dion was standing still the whole time, he barely moved. The whole team is sleep walking through this game. I think they need to realize that even after a piss poor effort like tonight they're 20 mins away from getting the win. Buckle down get your heads out of your ass for one period and thank God that you won without putting much effort into it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
what's with us and 2nd periods.

What's with us and inconsistent games?

I am not buying their ******** now.

Carlyle says: "We don't critique a win"

He better be critiquing this one if we win because the team hasn't even skated in this game.

Ranger and Franson are huge liabilities.

Rielly should be playing 25 minutes a game with Phaneuf, Franson should be third pairing..Gardiner should be with Gunnar.

Ranger should be in the ECHL. He should be paying the Leafs to play for the Leafs not the other way around.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Not enough Offence from Bolland's line, know their role is to be the shutdown line, but they looked so good against Pittsburg one has to wonder why they haven't since.
It's pretty obvious that we need to be distributing our offence. Kadri on the top line while sexy is hurting other lines. I think Bolland on the top line and Kadri with Clarkson/ Lupul would be more effective.

leafstilldeath*

People ripping on Kadri for that Stajan goal. Every center makes a mistake. He went for a poke didn't get it and by the time he turned pass was already made.

Bozak fanboys/fangirls :laugh:

Bozo the POS clown makes those mistakes as well. This is what the first time that line was scored upon? You guys are ****ing crying and giving explanations of defence like JVR-Bozo-Kessel line never got scored upon.

Oh and **** BOZAK

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Rielly has been the 2nd best leaf by a mile tonight. Phaneuf has been borderline horrid and other than Clarkson leafs are losing the majority of board battles. Pick it up or the curse of the C could strike again.

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
Go figure, it seems the curse of the C will hold true if the Leafs keep playing like they did in the second.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
For all Ranger's warts, he's got a real good active stick. I don't think I'm as eager as many here to ship him out quite yet.

All should remember that this is the 2nd night of a back to back on a western trip so any points we should get here are a steal.

Asif16*

Any update on Mclaren and Ashton?

Is any of them gonna come back in the third?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
yeah he does, but Dion was standing still the whole time, he barely moved. The whole team is sleep walking through this game. I think they need to realize that even after a piss poor effort like tonight they're 20 mins away from getting the win. Buckle down get your heads out of your ass for one period and thank God that you won without putting much effort into it.

Yeah. This was by far the worst period we have had in this season and we're still up 2-1. I hope they know that 20 minutes separate them from 2 valuable points.

They need to get their ass out of their heads and start skating. 1st line sucks, 4th line was good until Carter Ashton went for a dumb hit, 2nd line sucks. Clarkson's line has been okay. Flames are absolutely smothering the Leafs right now. They are the first to get to every single puck in our zone. Our defense is just too slow to handle that kind of forecheck.

When do we play St. Louis? The Flames forecheck is going to look like a joke against St. Louis...holy **** we're going to lose by double digits if we play like this against the Blues.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Daisy, Edmonton and Calgary are in Alberta and we are in Ontario and a different time zone :)

They didn't fly to China. It's three hours difference. Excuses are like *******s. Any good team wouldn't use that excuse. They get paid a lot of money to play hard every game. People pay a lot to watch them.

Asif16*

Please for the love of god can we have fraser back next game. I just still cant get over the fact as to how many players are just all up in the grill of our goaltenders.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
For all Ranger's warts, he's got a real good active stick. I don't think I'm as eager as many here to ship him out quite yet.

All should remember that this is the 2nd night of a back to back on a western trip so any points we should get here are a steal.

No they arent.

Edmonton and the Flames are winnable games.

Vancouver is going to destroy us. If we get a point against them, I'll cal it a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad