GDT: GDT: 15 TORONTO @ CALGARY OCT 30, 8:00 p.m. THE WALKING DEAD/HALLOWEEN EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Problem is, they are starting to believe that **** and think they can win every game being horribly out shot

Its amazing really that its almost every game that Leafs get significantly outshot.

35 shots against after 2 periods, Bernier is going to face 50 tonight if Leafs don't start managing the puck better.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
This period was total and complete *******.

yXakgWD.png

7 slot chances for the Flames.

1 for the Leafs. Maybe a few extra non-shot chances.

David Clarkson has been really good. Defensively solid, and very good possession/cycle player as advertised.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
that was an awful period. something gotta change, every game same ****.

riemer will get vancouver cuz of his shutout, eventhough bernier is playing a better game.

How about the coach who is in charge of this "defensive system" that everyone likes to call it. I sure as hell am not seeing one.

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
Problem is, they are starting to believe that **** and think they can win every game being horribly out shot

Yeah if we win tonight.. That's some divine intervention.

I know said the shot count doesn't bother me but that period was ugly.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not enough Offence from Bolland's line, know their role is to be the shutdown line, but they looked so good against Pittsburg one has to wonder why they haven't since.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I miss Fraser. There is really nobody on this team that his hitting along the boards.

It's so easy to cycle against a team that is standing still.

Nobody has moved a muscle in the right direction and we're up 2-1.

Bernier has been god in this period.

leafstilldeath*

Calgary is putting at least 10x more effort than us.

If the team we have didn't half ass or for that matter quarter-ass their effort every night we would look much better even with half-assed effort.

I feel for both our goalies

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Hopefully this team wakes the F up. Can't keep relying on our goaltenders to bail us out for ****** defense.

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
"Excuse me stajan, I see your hooked up to an oxygen machine and can barely talk but can you do an interview?"

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri really showed he still needs to refine his defensive play on that Stajan goal. Showed some lack of awareness there as Ward and Maurice pointed out.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Shots are 35-15. Way to put in an effort you idiots. I'm really tired of watching 5 minutes of effort and the 55 minutes of holding on. They learned nothing from game 7. It's a big joke now but it won't be funny when they get bounced in the first round again.

leafstilldeath*

This period was total and complete *******.

yXakgWD.png

7 slot chances for the Flames.

1 for the Leafs. Maybe a few extra non-shot chances.

David Clarkson has been really good. Defensively solid, and very good possession/cycle player as advertised.

This looks brutal. I hope Carlyle gives them the incentive of easy practice or something with 2 days off coming up if they start playing well OR else A BOOT no A SKATE UP THEIR A$$

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
How about the coach who is in charge of this "defensive system" that everyone likes to call it. I sure as hell am not seeing one.

I hate to say it... but it looks like Wilson's team. If they don't figure out why their D is so terrible we'll be looking at another mid-season implosion.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Teams probably tired, travel, time change back to back. I mean you can cut some slack.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
seriously if we win - it will be a miracle.
this effort is severely not good. it's sort of like Columbus/Pittsburgh ... in reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad