GDT: GDT: 11/09/13 - Minnesota @ Carolina - 6:00 PM CDT - FS-N, FS-WI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Want to see us dominate the 5 on 5 tonight. Only worry for me is Dumba/Prosser, I'm sure their minutes will be very sheltered though.

4 to 2 Good guys.
Nino, Fonzy, Spurgeon and Pommer with the Empty Netter.

tomthestone*

Want to see us dominate the 5 on 5 tonight. Only worry for me is Dumba/Prosser, I'm sure their minutes will be very sheltered though.

4 to 2 Good guys.
Nino, Fonzy, Spurgeon and Pommer with the Empty Netter.

Seconded. Pairing two righties together has bad news written all over it. Prosser is far from an ideal babysitter to have out there if Dumba turns too many pucks over.

I'm not at all for keeping Dumba up this year. The cap situation is obviously in good shape, but I think starting Dumba's three year clock next year could have been huge with all the hefty salaries already locked in at the top of the lineup.

Billy Mays Here*

Ridiculous how much more competitive the West is compared to the East. If we were in the East we'd be in 4th place rather than 8th.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yep. I'm stayin', suckas! :laugh:

20120621_jel_al8_092_extra_large_large.jpg

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Not too worried about Prosser. I think he'll pull his weight tonight. Might be juggling Spurgeon, Scandella and Prosser on even strength and giving Dumba some PP time and the odd shift here and there.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I was going off the Carolina GDT and their backup goaltender was "Who cares" if I remember correctly. :laugh: Sorry if it offended you. I'll edit it in.

No offense taken at all! The who cares was more than likely a reference to the fact that short of Peters suffering some horrific injury, that the chances of Murphy actually playing a game are somewhere between "slim" and "none." He pretty much ruined his chances with the club by making a boneheaded tweet awhile back about our AHL team being a "prospect graveyard."

Unless injuries ruin his career like they have in the past.

His concussions are a little concerning, but his current injury is minor and to his wrist.

As Minnesota points out here, his current injury is a wrist injury - should be back in 2-3 weeks based on a second opinion he had last week. As for concussions, he's doing a better job keeping his head up than he has in the past. My take is that he's learning his lesson and would rather wind up playing a long career in the NHL than having to retire prematurely due to concussions.

Good luck to both teams tonight - please don't let the Wild hurt us too badly?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Thank you but I am more worried that Ruutu will run one of ours down. :scared:

Tuomo's not who you have to worry about coming off two hip surgeries in successive years. Brett Bellemore, however, likes to hit hard and finishes his checks.

668980-michael-ryder-face-brett-bellemore.jpg

See? Even the Quebecois shrink in fear at the mighty Brett. :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don't blame you. The kid's extremely skilled; he'll be productive for many, many years.

I'm actually surprised that the players I pick up and then toss back after using them for a game or two aren't snatched up more. Most of them are a few steps above servicable.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm actually surprised that the players I pick up and then toss back after using them for a game or two aren't snatched up more. Most of them are a few steps above servicable.

Which players?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Ridiculous how much more competitive the West is compared to the East. If we were in the East we'd be in 4th place rather than 8th.

If we were playing the east every night we would probably be leading the whole damned league with all the free points.

The East is basically free points for the West this year.

West is Best, everyone should know this by now. You come out west to play good hockey. You stay out east because you're a lazy slob who can't put up with an extra hour on a plane here and there.

Don't worry - we'll probably get a one goal lead, turtle, then lose in OT. ;)

WildFinn*

Tuomo's not who you have to worry about coming off two hip surgeries in successive years. Brett Bellemore, however, likes to hit hard and finishes his checks.

668980-michael-ryder-face-brett-bellemore.jpg

See? Even the Quebecois shrink in fear at the mighty Brett. :laugh:

Reason is this game is likely heavily scouted by the Finnish national team.
Ruutu is coming from an injury and wants to make the Olympics, hope that does not make his game spillover.
Hope im just paranoid. :loony:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Is it just me or are the mods never around anymore?

I've noticed this as well. It was very apparent in the Calgary (?) GDT when there were none around. Even the admin came in and said that you guys might need some new mods.

I'm nominating you. You're always around.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I don't think I would make that great of a mod.

Don't underestimate yourself. You can judge situations well, you're aware of the site rules and you're often here. You never break the rules, despite being known for heavy rants, and you're well liked in HF Wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad