GCT: Neuvirth vs Enroth

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So now that both guys have gotten a decent amount of action in this season, time to fire this baby up.

AR-130329982.jpg&maxW=602&maxH=602&AlignV=top&Q=80

Jhonas Enroth
GP: 17 (16 starts, 1 relief)
Record: 6-10-1
Shots Faced: 597
GAA: 3.08
S%: .913
SO: 0

Michal+Neuvirth+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Florida+Panthers+v74hfxcBgfKl.jpg

Michal Neuvirth
GP: 11 (all starts)
Record: 3-6-1
Shots Faced: 376
GAA: 2.87
S%: .920
SO: 0​

Stats through 12/8/14

And...go! (Other goalies will be added IF they appear in an NHL game this season).

Last edited:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Both have been good. Neuvirth has been better.

I don't think Enroth's numbers are indicative of his play.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Both have been good. Neuvirth has been better.

I don't think Enroth's numbers are indicative of his play.

I was ready to agree, but looking at who they faced in the last 10, it's hard to say who played the tougher schedule.

Neuvirth - ANA, SJS, TOR, DET, MON
Enroth - BOS (2), LAK, PIT, FLA

ZeroPT*

Neuvirth has been real solid and in a big fan of his.

Would anyone be opposed to re-signing both to 2-3 year deals until we find a legitimate star goalie?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Neuvirth has been real solid and in a big fan of his.

Would anyone be opposed to re-signing both to 2-3 year deals until we find a legitimate star goalie?
I rather have one of Enroth or Neuvirth as a clear starter next year and have Lieuwen or Hackett on the bench clearing more room in Rochester. If Lieuwen becomes backup I hope Makarov steps in down in Rochester as the starter and we start cycling in the goalies til we find our next Hasek or Miller.

Clock

May 13, 2006
Heh. I love you, LDS, but my initial reaction to reading this was "At this point, who cares?"

But seriously, I'm pretty happy with how Neuvirth has been so far, given the circumstances.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
that pittsburgh buzzsaw really threw enroth's stats, averaging almost a full goal per game more than the 5th best offense :amazed:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I'm little surprised at the statistical discrepancy between them.

As am I. (Request to OP / LDS: Should also include shots faced, and/or shots against per game.)

IMO, there is no controversy. The proper thing to do is to play both goalies as much as a split schedule as can be allowed (double-start the hot hand, but then make it up with the other goalie later).

The only controversy will be if one of them could have been moved at the deadline for an asset, and wasn't, because there wasn't enough exposure / game play this season to help set the best return / market value.

Is there any other NHL team with both goalies as pending UFAs this offseason?

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
that pittsburgh buzzsaw really threw enroth's stats, averaging almost a full goal per game more than the 5th best offense :amazed:
and yet he's in line to play them again.. I feel as if he's being set up to fail. I want to see what Neuvirth can do against a team like Pittsburgh because Neuvy gets the easier games.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
As someone in favor of the tank, I'd rather just have Andrej Meszaros put the pads on and play goal.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
They're both fine. I'm more interested in seeing who can provide consistent play over the course of awhile. For all we know, they both could be on a hot streak right now :laugh:

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I'd like to give Neuvirth most of the season, just to see what we have with him. I think Enroth is a largely known quantity at this point, and that his size will always be a limitation.

But, I'm fine with both of them starting. They're NHL quality and cheap. I'd rather have that then paying top dollar for one later on.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Those numbers from Neuvirth are not mediocre, especially on this team.

Yea, he's been good. Enroth has been OK, a bit of a victim of bounces I think as he's played better than his numbers. So far Neuvirth's been better and deserves the primary opportunities for the time being.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Neuvirth is playing better, Enroth hasn't been awful, both have been pleasantly surprising given what's in front of them.

Safe to say - and it's not earth shattering - that goaltending isn't the issue.

Like I've maintained, I truly hope that whomever emerges as the top guy between the two garners some sort of interest from a team and is flipped at the deadline for some more assets. Sign the other one and have him "kumpeet" with one of the youngsters currently on the farm.

Or, instead of taking McDavid or Eichel, we can take Mackenzie Blackwood LOLZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad