GBU: Ole Yo Asses Home

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Some thoughts, won't be able to cover them all, otherwise I will be editing all day :DD

Watching them now compared to the past couple/few years - like bizarro world.

D-zone breakout passes, passing in general, so much better.

Kyle with the game winner.

Playing as a team. Everyone seems to be on the same page and supporting one another.

Mitts looking more confident each game. Hope that continues.

I hope whatever is up with Marco can be corrected. He's been making more and more turnovers.

Glad to see Bogo back, he seems effective.

Jack without pts. It's going to happen, he can't (and shouldn't) carry the team in scoring alone.

Dare I say I'm cautiously optimistic. I am sure we'll have clunkers, but if we played like we did the past few games and still lost, I'd be ok with it. The effort is there.

My wife became a bit deflated after they scored first, but I felt we would score to tie. She's used to watching them a bit the past couple years. I told her our time will come.

Yes, Hutton should have stopped some of those, but give Domi credit. When you're in the slot, without much harrassment, you can snipe much better from there. He deserved those goals.

3-game streak.

Pommers getting 2. I've dumped on him for being too slow, he can't last forever, but I'll take what he's giving this team now.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
G: win win win!!!!
B: missing the game
U: trying to sieve the GBU for
Information/facts about the game
Having to read through "positive" peoples comments lammenting about
The "negative" crowd.
You are equally annyoing, there is no high ground left.

What about "negative" people complaining about "positive" people complaining about "negative" people? WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END???

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
Speed
Passing
Desperation all game
Goaltending (with kind of an exception last night)

Those things are a night/day difference that we are seeing recently. Kind of just popped out of nowhere

Reactions: sabrebuild

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Aside from a couple games where most the team was bad, Samson's play this year has reminded me of his second half last year. I think this will kick-start him, and we could use the non-Jeff-or-Jack-driven scoring.

I like him off of Jack’s line because it pushes him to be more aggressive and attacking, rather than relying just passing.

I like their current line, if that line looks like

Sheary Asplund Reinhart next year, all the better.

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
GOOD: Players that were in a slump are really coming alive!

BAD: Give Scandella a break (see above, coming soon). He will be fine as long as everyone stops ragging on him.

FUGLY: "Wait, I'm confused, was the game in Montreal? All I saw was a sea of red and all I heard was cheering for the Habs."

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
GOOD: Players that were in a slump are really coming alive!

BAD: Give Scandella a break (see above, coming soon). He will be fine as long as everyone stops ragging on him.

FUGLY: "Wait, I'm confused, was the game in Montreal? All I saw was a sea of red and all I heard was cheering for the Habs."
Did I miss the news that Scandella is an HFer? His issues aren't our fault, nor will they be if he continues to struggle. They're his. It's up to him to get back on track.

Reactions: Snippit and Reddawg

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Did I miss the news that Scandella is an HFer? His issues aren't our fault, nor will they be if he continues to struggle. They're his. It's up to him to get back on track.
I thought that was a weird statement to make as well. As if Scandy is lurking on these boards everyday taking everything super personally and letting it drag him down.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Enjoyed the effort but didn't love how easily our D was giving up the blue line.
I think this was fairly organic by way of Montreal’s speed, and while I noticed it for a large chunk of the first period, the gaps improved as the game went on, and by the third period, it was a non-issue.

Defensemen who aren’t the fleetest of foot have to figure it out on the ice, right?? And some nights your legs and feet and pivoting and edge work feel differently than other nights.

it was great that this game came after two wins and the unit has some collective confidence, sans Scandella. They all figured it out. Weak side dmen were good in support, too.

Reactions: Jim Carr's Rug

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
What about "negative" people complaining about "positive" people complaining about "negative" people? WHERE DOES THE MADNESS END???
When it got under 10 minutes and Montreal was 3-2 I said “I can take a loss like this, they’ve controlled the game.”

Pens fan buddy that was watching the game said “Nah, Sabres are winning this 4-3.”

We bin down so long, the light just blindz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad