Injury Report: Gauthier out 6 months

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
This won't be solved with on-ice retaliation. The league needs to take this kind of borderline intent to injure + previous offending very seriously.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
By the time Dotchin faces discipline from the league it'll already be too late. The AHL couldn't care less about his type. The NHL probably will but by then it'll be after the fact that he's seriously injured someone (again), likely one of our players (again).

This POS should count his lucky stars that he's facing this era of Leafs. The Gilmour, Sundin, and Kessel eras all had guys who wouldn't have stood for this crap. Someone would've taken it to Dotchin by now, or taken out one of Tampa's stars or key prospects to send a message, or at least threatened to do it.

Point is he's not going to stop until he faces some consequences. Either from a suspension or someone on the Leafs/Marlies taking matters into their own hands.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This almost catches me by surprise. The one thing I thought Gauthier was going to be was a resilient physical specimen. This may harden Gauthier up in a positive way once he's back to first speed. 6 months suggests it's the type of repair like Nik Antropov had to undergo (twice). Don't expect him to be full speed immediately once he's game shape. Realistically even if you were hoping for him to take the 4th line center spot, it wouldn't be a fair audition until the new year.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This almost catches me by surprise. The one thing I thought Gauthier was going to be was a resilient physical specimen. This may harden Gauthier up in a positive way once he's back to first speed. 6 months suggests it's the type of repair like Nik Antropov had to undergo (twice). Don't expect him to be full speed immediately once he's game shape. Realistically even if you were hoping for him to take the 4th line center spot, it wouldn't be a fair audition until the new year.

It was always my understanding big guys take longer to heal. Nik Antropov was always slow to begin with. His injuries didn't help him a bit. That being said Nik had hands and decent vision. I am not sure if I can say the same about Gauthier

Gauthier will have to work really hard to make it to NHL as it was. Now it's even more difficult

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
It was always my understanding big guys take longer to heal. Nik Antropov was always slow to begin with. His injuries didn't help him a bit. That being said Nik had hands and decent vision. I am not sure if I can say the same about Gauthier

Gauthier will have to work really hard to make it to NHL as it was. Now it's even more difficult

I maintain that a 19 year old Nik was a much better skater before the first knee injury. He just coped with whatever happened to his two knees. It's 18 years later. I'm sure that the surgical techniques have improved.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
First off, I hope Freddie is OK, and that his surgery goes well. Sounds like a tough road back and it is a brutal thing to happen at the end of a season of hard work where he has shown a lot of growth. I hope that when he returns he can return to the level he was playing at when this happened. This sucks for him.

Dotchkin is a low life. Anyone who consistently makes the plays he does has no empathy and is not trying to get under anyone's skin. He is intending to remove someone from the game or injure them.

I think our retribution is going to come in the first game we play the Lightning. The only reason something didn't happen after the Matthews knee on knee was because it was a must win game to make the playoffs. Martin is going to be out for blood. He will get his. Book it.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
First ... sucks to lose Gauthier on a stupid, stupid play by Dotchin. I was looking forward to a great series between the teams and this injury just sucks and hope the series doesn't dwelve into a series of cheap shots and fights. The hockey could be really good. Sorry you guys lost a top six forward ... on a stupid, stupid play.

You are going a little far in your depiction. Dotchin is not a goon ... he can't even fight. He sucks at it. He is a physical player and a TBL prospect who played with Hedman on the first pairing. So no, this instance does not reflect anything on this being a goon league nor on Dotchin being a goon. He has legitimate skill ... he is physical and stupid. You have a physical and stupid player on your NHL squad ... Komarov. Komarov injured Gudreau, Schmidt, etc. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Your earlier post said "coming in peace" I guess that was a lie.

I agree with you. I should replace "goon" with "dirty s.o.b." or "cheap shot artist". In any case Dotchin's play is continually dirty and he should be suspended. Also, I have never endorsed any dirty play by any member of our team - not sure where you're coming from.

Now get out of our board and stay out.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Dotchin is legit dirty though, it's not just Leafs guys but other guys too who he's had predatory plays on.

I know most of us hate the fights now but if he isn't much of a fighter as some say, this is exactly the type of a guy who gets discouraged from playing dirty if he had to fight after borderline plays. There have been dirty hockey players before but they all usually could handle themselves in a fight.

Since that isn't going to happen, it's up to the league to police this type of play. Otherwise the next step is taking a cheap shot at the player or one of his teammates as a form of payback which isn't ideal for anyone including the innocent teammate of Dotchin who isn't a cheapshot artist.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Repeat, dirty hitting offender. Get this scrub off the ice he is taking out ACTUAL talents that the NHL and the fans want to see not this scrub.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I know I mailed, this is the kind of player that supenion should match the injury recovery time in and should carry into the NHL as well. That's how you stamp out this madness. Stressing I don't mind dirty players, this is a different dirty. In my opinion he is a calculated cold blooded individual intending to harm players.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If the league sanctions this kind of thing and kids use the Dotchin method to getting in the NHL, it should be explored if legal action can be taken. Certainly stats should be taken seriously to see if there is a rise in these sorts of plays in minor hockey. I think the AHL should be made aware they will be watched more closely at the least.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Sure sucks for the Goat. Hopefully he has a full recovery and comes back to play in the NHL. This Dotchin guy will have a very short career if he keeps up with this stuff. Another dirty SOB will likely get to him eventually, just hope it's not a Leaf.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Trade for him and never let him play again ECHL press box until he retires, 4 leafs prospects on the receiving end of this POS.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Sign some goon to play with the Solar Bears or Marlies and when the Leafs and Tampa or their farm team play next year, sick the goon on this guy every ****ing shift he's out there. Make him fight multiple times. Relentless. Dont even give him an option to go. You've gotta own up as a hockey player to crap like this. This clown has tried to take out 4 legit nhl/future nhl players on our team alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad