Injury Report: Gauthier out 6 months

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yeup. There goes any chance he had at making the team.
Bring on Boyle indeed. (and now, the Ben Smith signing gives us another 'depth' option too).

Stupid Dotchin.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
yeup. There goes any chance he had at making the team.
Bring on Boyle indeed. (and now, the Ben Smith signing gives us another 'depth' option too).

Stupid Dotchin.

I wanted Boyle back regardless but now it seems like a must.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Really terrible news, I would have slotted him over Boyle next year on the 4th line. Especially if we kept Bozak around for defensive zone faceoffs.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Same guy that.. Took out Kappy. Knee on knee with Matthews. People said it was all an accident. Stevie Y sanctioned psychopath on skates. Guess green light to all psychos that TB players are fair game.

TB should essentially black ball him. This guy does not deserve to play the sport at this point. Marchand knew what he was doing when he speared this psycho.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Seriously we need to get our biggest scrub and just fill the guy in at this point. Take the fine or suspension. He seems to be seriously injuring our players every single time he plays our teams.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Disgust.

The AHL is a goon league. How many times have we seen this out of this league. The Goat was important to the progression of this organization - a message needs to sent to the league about this type of needless dirty hit.

Dotchin needs to sit and watch for the remainder of the playoffs.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Had a pretty long shot making the team in the fall to begin with, but this ultimately ends any chance. Leafs will need to either resign Boyle or turn to free agency.

Not a huge loss anyways, he was closer to being a bust than NHL regular anyways.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Had a pretty long shot making the team in the fall to begin with, but this ultimately ends any chance. Leafs will need to either resign Boyle or turn to free agency.

Not a huge loss anyways, he was closer to being a bust than NHL regular anyways.

He really wasn't that close to being a bust, he has been progressing pretty well this year lol.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Not sure where all this "bust" stuff is coming from.

Hes already been infinitely better than some of our past draft picks - Ross, McKegg, Biggs of the world.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Hes already been infinitely better than some of our past draft picks - Ross, McKegg, Biggs of the world.

Firstly the comments in here by some are down right cold and scary. Check yourselves. The next thing is what the hell is Yzerman and that organization going to do about it? If nothing its like signalling to the league that dealing with a Stevie Y team is a protect your neck scenario. Be prepared for injuries yourself by scared and overly reactive on edge opponents that don't want to lose a knee bud.

This is how arms races are started. They play a Dotchin we will find a Dotchin to put in the lineup as well. Soon the division will have Dotchins and the league will have tens of million on LTIR

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
For what it's worth - I just sent the same letter I sent last year after the Andreas Johnson hit to the AHL asking for a 10 game suspension for Dotchin. It worked last year on Kelly from Albany.

Get it a shot peeps. Complain here:

http://theahl.com/contact-us

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I am with you there in the outrage and know you don't mean that literally but it doesn't get any more obvious what he is. The lowest form of life in hockey, there's dirty and then there is psychotic like this.

Yeah, like...enough is enough. I would suspend these kind of players for like forever. There is a real, real possibility that this kid will end someone's career one day.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Well, this means we gotta bring back Boyle or go dumpster diving in FA. I was hoping Freddy would be a 4th C next year out of camp since he's gotta grow into that role at the NHL level and some team will definitely offer Boyle far more than he's worth keeping around for, but unless there are any good bargain bin/PTO options, this may very well force our hand on Boyle, lest we want to rush Nylander into a C role or shudder have Ben Smith around again.

Also, Jake Dotchin is the definition of human trash, but you knew that already.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
For what it's worth - I just sent the same letter I sent last year after the Andreas Johnson hit to the AHL asking for a 10 game suspension for Dotchin. It worked last year on Kelly from Albany.

Get it a shot peeps. Complain here:

http://theahl.com/contact-us

Will do. I don't even mind dirty players, this guy is beyond that. If I had to share the ice with this guy, I would be ready to do anything in self defense. I wouldnt trust him even around me. No wonder Marchand speared him in the nuts.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Injured Kapanen.
Cheapshot on Nielsen.
Dirty Hit on Matthews.
Injured Gauthier.

Be interesting to see what he's done to players from other organizations.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
First ... sucks to lose Gauthier on a stupid, stupid play by Dotchin. I was looking forward to a great series between the teams and this injury just sucks and hope the series doesn't dwelve into a series of cheap shots and fights. The hockey could be really good. Sorry you guys lost a top six forward ... on a stupid, stupid play.

Disgust.

The AHL is a goon league. How many times have we seen this out of this league. The Goat was important to the progression of this organization - a message needs to sent to the league about this type of needless dirty hit.

Dotchin needs to sit and watch for the remainder of the playoffs.

You are going a little far in your depiction. Dotchin is not a goon ... he can't even fight. He sucks at it. He is a physical player and a TBL prospect who played with Hedman on the first pairing. So no, this instance does not reflect anything on this being a goon league nor on Dotchin being a goon. He has legitimate skill ... he is physical and stupid. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

He hasn't reached bust status yet. If he ends up missing a good chunk of next year it will certainly set him further back.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Injured Kapanen.
Cheapshot on Nielsen.
Dirty Hit on Matthews.
Injured Gauthier.

Be interesting to see what he's done to players from other organizations.

Stevie Y brings him up to TB rewarding him. Nice stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad