Value of: Gaudreau + Giordano at the draft

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Maybe get something for Johnny in the offseason but it better be a good young rhs forward and hopefully something on the right side defensively too boom

Oil4life99

Oct 5, 2017
Maybe get something for Johnny in the offseason but it better be a good young rhs forward and hopefully something on the right side defensively too boom
You are better off holding onto him and hope he starts showing he cares. He seems uninterested.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
If he cared, why doesn't he show up to games??

I think you're just trying to troll here because you obviously don't watch the games, he shows up to every game, its not his fault hes always facing the opposition's top defensive lines where they get put out on the ice to try and make him look invisible, even games where he doesn't score he has plenty of chances and gives others plenty of chances(scoring chances)

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Well...you gain 7 years, cap Space...you think you will receive a better young player than that?
You certainly wont receive a young player who produced near the same as the 60-65 pts pace Gaudreau had this year
Oh wow, 7 years of a player we have no clue on if he will be as good as Gaudreau or not? And you add on a 3rd on top of that? Crazy value. Cap space doesn't mean shit when the Flames are trading one of their best players. Should the Oilers trade McDavid for Romanov and a 2nd because they get cap space and 7 years of control? Regardless of the fact that at this point (personally) Kotkaniemi might end up as a 2nd line centre that's held back lack of speed, while Gaudreau is potentially a game breaking forward, this deal is in no way even and is biased completely in favour of Montreal, regardless of how much you want to talk Gaudreau's value down.

Oil4life99

Oct 5, 2017
You must still be invested in 2019 because post AS break, Gaudreau has been lights out.

Again, you've got the wrong guy.
Then I will own my mistake. I am wrong. What do you think his lack of scoring was due from before AS break?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Then I will own my mistake. I am wrong. What do you think his lack of scoring was due from before AS break?

Honestly, have no idea. Almost every player hits a slump. If I am not mistaken, his grandpa has just recently passed. That may have taken a huge toll. Johnny and his family are family people. With that being said, in my opinion I think Gaudreau moves on from Calgary and signs with either NJ or Philly when his contract is over in 2022.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
probably because schenn only has 1 pt less and can play center + flames get a 1st.
1 less point in a season Gaudreau was on pace for a career worst (and played much better to end of the season) doesn't mean much when Schenn has one year on his contract, and Gaudreau has 2. Schenn at centre doesn't mean a lot when we have Monahan and Backlund, in the top 6 and can play Lindholm at centre. The 1st does not make up the difference between two years of a game breaking forward and 1 year of a 1, maybe 2C.

So again, why should Calgary consider trading their best point producing forward for a rental AnD a FiRsT

Oil4life99

Oct 5, 2017
Honestly, have no idea. Almost every player hits a slump. If I am not mistaken, his grandpa has just recently passed. That may have taken a huge toll. Johnny and his family are family people. With that being said, in my opinion I think Gaudreau moves on from Calgary and signs with either NJ or Philly when his contract is over in 2022.
That's terrible and would explain a lot if they were close. Kudos to him for playing the game during such a personal and painful tragedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad