Proposal: Gaudreau for Couturier

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
This is a trade where both parties say no. Couts is arguably PHI most highly valued asset. If anyone on the team should be untouchable it should be him/Giroux.

Any move with Couts just decimates our C Depth.

Gaudreau is an elite player and Couts wouldn’t make up for his production so CGY says no. They already have great D F/C in Backlund and Frolik.

As stated above... both say no

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
LW: Giroux, JVR, Lindblom
C: Couturier, Patrick, hopefully Frost....but as of now Laughton
RW: Voracek, Konecny, hopefully Farabee....but as of now Hartman

Does it really look like the Flyers should trade a #1C, for a #1LW? No.

We have a LW who can do what JD can do, in Giroux. We have no C who can come close to doing what Couts does...on offense or defense.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Flyers quietly reject.

Sandler - laughing cereal.gif

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It's a fair deal, and it's what it would take if the Flames/Flyers wanted to make a trade.

However, the Flyers are going to say no. Couts is becoming a year-by-year Selke candidate, he's not going anywhere.

The Flames' best bet with making a shakeup is Gaudreau for an extended Hall with the Devils.

Reactions: mmvvpp

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
LW: Giroux, JVR, Lindblom
C: Couturier, Patrick, hopefully Frost....but as of now Laughton
RW: Voracek, Konecny, hopefully Farabee....but as of now Hartman

Does it really look like the Flyers should trade a #1C, for a #1LW? No.

We have a LW who can do what JD can do, in Giroux. We have no C who can come close to doing what Couts does...on offense or defense.

I totally disagree, especially since Giroux plays a lot of C.

If the team believes in Patrick, Frost, or Rubtsov I think making the switch makes sense, especially since Gaudreau is a local boy who wants to play in Philly. It also depends how Fletcher wants to build this team and what kind of identity he's going for.

As a fan of neither team, I think this is one of the more interesting trade proposals on this forum in the last month. And under the right circumstances, it's plausible.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

If the team believes in Patrick, Frost, or Rubtsov I think making the switch makes sense, especially since Gaudreau is a local boy who wants to play in Philly. It also depends how Fletcher wants to build this team and what kind of identity he's going for.

As a fan of neither team, I think this is one of the more interesting trade proposals on this forum in the last month. And under the right circumstances, it's plausible.
As Gaudreau has stated he wants to play in PHI... he stated specifically that he “wants to end” his career in PHI and around his home.

That’s a big difference.

Reactions: Devonator

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Flyers keep their 2 way great defensive C over Johnny 1 dimensional no show Hockey .
Funny, at least Johnny got the flames to the playoff, something mcdavid or couts can't claim..sad

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

You simply are wrong. If you watched the Flyers, you would see how much better Giroux now is at LW compared to C. Also playing at LW will help preserve Giroux's body.

Even WITH keeping Couturier, the Flyers need Patrick and Frost to "hit" to give them their best C depth since the cup run with Richards, Carter and Briere. And having Couturier there to take on other teams top lines means those 2 get easier matchups which they need to take advantage of.

Giroux at LW is close to equal of Gaudreau at LW
Giroux at C is not close to Couturier at C anymore

If JG want to play in Philly, he can do so when his contract is up. Just like Tavares.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Funny, at least Johnny got the flames to the playoff, something mcdavid or couts can't claim..sad

One question . Which team has gone further in the playoffs in the last few years ? If you are always 1 and done whats the point ? You want to build to be a contender not a pretender . Calgary got a good team I just don't think they are built for the playoffs . A few piece and you would become a serious threat . I think moving Johnny while his value is high would be smart . But hey Eberle is doing well in the playoffs this year so who knows .

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You simply are wrong. If you watched the Flyers, you would see how much better Giroux now is at LW compared to C. Also playing at LW will help preserve Giroux's body.

Even WITH keeping Couturier, the Flyers need Patrick and Frost to "hit" to give them their best C depth since the cup run with Richards, Carter and Briere. And having Couturier there to take on other teams top lines means those 2 get easier matchups which they need to take advantage of.

Giroux at LW is close to equal of Gaudreau at LW
Giroux at C is not close to Couturier at C anymore

If JG want to play in Philly, he can do so when his contract is up. Just like Tavares.

I do love a good “I don’t follow your team, but let me tell you how to build it” post.

Reactions: Tripod

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
One question . Which team has gone further in the playoffs in the last few years ? If you are always 1 and done whats the point ? You want to build to be a contender not a pretender . Calgary got a good team I just don't think they are built for the playoffs . A few piece and you would become a serious threat . I think moving Johnny while his value is high would be smart . But hey Eberle is doing well in the playoffs this year so who knows .
So winning an extra round 3 yrs ago mean something? Whatever make you happy I guess. I just don't think the oilers fans have any business insulting other teams considering who they are.

Do you really think the oilers are built for winning and the flames are not based on this playoff with so many upsets? What about Tampa? Is ovechkin junk also except for last year?

Yes, they need to get help for Johnny. I don't disagree on that

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad