Proposal: Gaudreau for Couturier

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We have a lesser version of Couturier already. We don't have an offensive catalyst without Johnny. Can't afford to trade away our only dynamic forward. I'd do something around Monahan+ for Couturier in a heartbeat though. Problem is our valuable +'s are young defensemen and Philly has lots of that already.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
It's a fair deal, and it's what it would take if the Flames/Flyers wanted to make a trade.

However, the Flyers are going to say no. Couts is becoming a year-by-year Selke candidate, he's not going anywhere.

The Flames' best bet with making a shakeup is Gaudreau for an extended Hall with the Devils.
I would do that because of Gaudreau's contract ($6.75M for 3 years is hell of a bargain) and age (25).

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I would do that because of Gaudreau's contract ($6.75M for 3 years is hell of a bargain) and age (25).

You may want to spank that fact checker of yours.

Couturiers contract is 3 more years at $4.33M. He's a better player than Johnny, as while is production (2 year average of 76 points vs. 91), he's Selke type centre man vs. a one dimensional winger.

Johnny is a very productive player, but Couturier is a more productive all around player.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I'd be much more likely to do something around voracek+. Not really sure what calgary needs. Wingers switch sides and roles for a bit of a shakeup

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Flames fans need to calm down. They have a great team that needs some tweaking, not huge changes.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

Couturiers contract is 3 more years at $4.33M. He's a better player than Johnny, as while is production (2 year average of 76 points vs. 91), he's Selke type centre man vs. a one dimensional winger.

Johnny is a very productive player, but Couturier is a more productive all around player.
You should re-read what I was responding to.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I'd be much more likely to do something around voracek+. Not really sure what calgary needs. Wingers switch sides and roles for a bit of a shakeup

Of course you would.. Voracek is 4 years older, far more expensive, and far less productive than Johhny. That does nothing for Calgary.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So winning an extra round 3 yrs ago mean something? Whatever make you happy I guess. I just don't think the oilers fans have any business insulting other teams considering who they are.

Do you really think the oilers are built for winning and the flames are not based on this playoff with so many upsets? What about Tampa? Is ovechkin junk also except for last year?

Yes, they need to get help for Johnny. I don't disagree on that
So because the Flames had a good regular season, it made it ok for you to insult the Oilers and the Flyers?

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

He's a Devils fan talking about trading Johnny Hockey to the Devils, not the Flyers

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Couturier is the most irreplaceable player on the Flyers. Other than Kucherov, I don't think there's a single winger in the NHL I would trade Couts for.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
LW: Giroux, JVR, Lindblom
C: Couturier, Patrick, hopefully Frost....but as of now Laughton
RW: Voracek, Konecny, hopefully Farabee....but as of now Hartman

Does it really look like the Flyers should trade a #1C, for a #1LW? No.

We have a LW who can do what JD can do, in Giroux. We have no C who can come close to doing what Couts does...on offense or defense.

Couldn't Giroux slide back to C?

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Couldn't Giroux slide back to C?
At this stage of his career he's much more effective if he's playing wing. It looked like Giroux was on a serious decline (along with injuries) until he switched to wing and had a career year and another great year this season. If the Flyers want him to stay productive into his mid-30s it's best to leave him at wing, especially since they have an elite center in Couts who is great at both ends of the ice.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Of course you would.. Voracek is 4 years older, far more expensive, and far less productive than Johhny. That does nothing for Calgary.
It's less than two million bucks and the twenty points is why i included the plus. I think its far more close than you do

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00