Half-Assed GDT: gasoline scented cologne @ sad noises 7pm fsmw BRINGIN BACK THE BOOKS

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Sanford and Kyrou are the scratches.

The Sanford one makes sense, he could use a game off. I would have really liked to leave Kyrou in since he just scored his first goal and see if he can gain some confidence and go on a little streak. Getting really tired of Maroon playing.
I don't get it. The season is almost certainly lost.

What the hell is the point in not playing Kyrou? What benefit is there for him to be in the press box? Hell even Sanford for that matter.

But then we have Maroon and Sundqvist playing, despite being useless. I can see why Sanford was scratched but Kyrou is kinda mind boggling given the circumstances.

Reactions: Bendak

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

What the hell is the point in not playing Kyrou? What benefit is there for him to be in the press box? Hell even Sanford for that matter.

But then we have Maroon and Sundqvist playing, despite being useless. I can see why Sanford was scratched but Kyrou is kinda mind boggling given the circumstances.
At least Sundqvist actually does stuff, as surprised as I am about it. He's not bad on the 4th line.

I don't know what Maroon does.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

You still have to develop the players, and part of development is sitting young players that aren't doing things right, and having them watch from above to learn from it. You don't just gift them ice time.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
You still have to develop the players, and part of development is sitting young players that aren't doing things right, and having them watch from above to learn from it. You don't just gift them ice time.
A player scores his first National Hockey League goal. Was the team terrible? Yes. Was that his fault? No.

That's gotta be a big confidence boost for Kyrou. You absolutely get him in the next game and see if he can pick up some heat and start putting up points more regularly.

What gifting of ice time? He was great in camp, his play fell off, he was sent down. Now he starts to pick up the pace and a few injuries and he's called up.

I still believe he's better off in the AHL, playing regularly and learning there than in the NHL but if he's on our roster he should be playing.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A player scores his first National Hockey League goal. Was the team terrible? Yes. Was that his fault? No.

That's gotta be a big confidence boost for Kyrou. You absolutely get him in the next game and see if he can pick up some heat and start putting up points more regularly.

What gifting of ice time? He was great in camp, his play fell off, he was sent down. Now he starts to pick up the pace and a few injuries and he's called up.
You asked what the point is to not playing Kyrou, and I listed the reason they would give for doing it.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
If they win tonight after the fight practice they will have to make it a tradition.

This is going to be the longest winter without the ability to look forward to Blues games.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You don't "show players for trade" over developing guys that have high end talent.
Of course you do. And the point of the trade may be to open more opportunity for the young player.

I doubt that’s the main factor here either way, but with the Binnington move and losing Chad Johnson to waivers, we can see Armstrong is starting to make some moves. It’s not so far-fetched that Maroon could be on the block. You’re sure not going to scratch him and try to trade him.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Jake will show up. The question is, will everyone else do the same?

I'm going to go the other way and say 5-0 for the "Swingin" Blues.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Of course you do. And the point of the trade may be to open more opportunity for the young player.

I doubt that’s the main factor here either way, but with the Binnington move and losing Chad Johnson to waivers, we can see Armstrong is starting to make some moves. It’s not so far-fetched that Maroon could be on the block. You’re sure not going to scratch him and try to trade him.
What are we realistically getting in any Maroon trade??

At most, probably a 3rd/4th + a rattie level player from when we was with us (good AHL guy that maybe ~ but maybe can't make an impact at the NHL level). I don't see any team giving up much more than that.

It's more beneficial to develop our young guys than squeeze out value for Maroon when Maroon has already tanked his value by playing like crap.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
What are we realistically getting in any Maroon trade??

At most, probably a 3rd/4th + a rattie level player from when we was with us (good AHL guy that maybe ~ but maybe can't make an impact at the NHL level). I don't see any team giving up much more than that.

It's more beneficial to develop our young guys than squeeze out value for Maroon when Maroon has already tanked his value by playing like crap.
You’d rather just put him on waivers for nothing?

He’s on a 1y very low contract. He could hold enough value to a contender (based more on his history than this season) to be worth trading. It’s an ideal situation for a rental utility player. Why are you so hellbent on ignoring that possibility?

It’s one of the scenarios that makes sense in light of the line-up tonight.

Edit: what’s wrong with 3rd rounders?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Maroon has a full NTC until January 31. A huge reason he came here was to spend more time with his son I have a hard time believing that the on ice and locker room stuff can get bad enough for him that he would agree to get traded at any point before he had to. Even if he keeps playing poorly all year, we should be able to get something for him at the deadline because teams loving giving up 3rd round picks for grit, sandpaper, etc in a playoff push. Given that, I can't imagine we waive him and put him through waivers just to get him off the roster.

I don't think we are showcasing him for a trade because that almost certainly wouldn't be coming for another 2 months.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
If they win tonight after the fight practice they will have to make it a tradition.

This is going to be the longest winter without the ability to look forward to Blues games.
I already stopped looking forward to games. Will always watch if I am around but I won't make plans around games anymore.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I am looking forward to watching tonight. My enthusiasm may not last long once the puck is dropped....

Depends on which team shows up tonight.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Maybe the few fans in the stands will start fighting the Blues by the end of the first period.
tumblr_inline_mr9rnsDEq61qz4rgp.gif

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Maroon has a full NTC until January 31. A huge reason he came here was to spend more time with his son I have a hard time believing that the on ice and locker room stuff can get bad enough for him that he would agree to get traded at any point before he had to. Even if he keeps playing poorly all year, we should be able to get something for him at the deadline because teams loving giving up 3rd round picks for grit, sandpaper, etc in a playoff push. Given that, I can't imagine we waive him and put him through waivers just to get him off the roster.

I don't think we are showcasing him for a trade because that almost certainly wouldn't be coming for another 2 months.
i highly doubt we'd find much interest in the first place if we are trying to trade him

can't wait to not resign him, geez what a bad signing this was from the get go

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Sundqvist has been fine this year. He's worked hard to improve his all-around game and looks more like an NHLer than Kyrou at this point, although I will admit Kyrou has his NHL-level celebration down already. Way to go kid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad