Salary Cap: Gary Roberts and the Incredible Shrinking Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How is that keeping the faith though? Either MJ is just blatantly lying (which would be the case if Scuderi was in the lineup) or Scuderi is out of the lineup.

With JR saying that the plan is to run with 8 D on the roster, I'm guessing Scuderi and Gonchar will be our extra D. That's at least good for WBS, Clendening, Erixon and Andersen is a pretty good start of a D group for them.

We'll see, but I would bet $20 Scuderi is in the lineup on opening night in the bottom pairing. I have stated many times my reasoning for this.

Maata - Letang
Pouilot or Dumoulin - Cole/Lovejoy
Scuderi - Lovejoy/Cole

The real competition this camp will be between DP and Dumoulin to see who stays with the Pens.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
We'll see, but I would bet $20 Scuderi is in the lineup on opening night in the bottom pairing. I have stated many times my reasoning for this.

Maata - Letang
Scuderi - Lovejoy/Cole

The real competition this camp will be between DP and Dumoulin to see who stays with the Pens.

You're basically calling Johnston a liar then by saying Scuderi will be in the lineup. I see no reason why he'd lie about that.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
And MJ said 2 forward spots are open so:

Ex.
Kunitz-Sid-Kessel
Perron-Geno-Hornqvist
Plotnikov-Bonino-Bennett/Dupuis
X-Cullen-Dupuis/Bennett
X

So Wilson, Sheary, Sundqvist, Farnham will probably be vying for those 2 spots.
You could also slot Sundqvist @ 4C and Cullen LW.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You're basically calling Johnston a liar then by saying Scuderi will be in the lineup. I see no reason why he'd lie about that.

He's the coach of a professional sports team, of course he will lie.

Alrighty so 8 D, which i figured they would do:

Letang
Maata
Cole
LJ
Domoulin
Pouliot
Scuderi

8th-Gonchar/Erixon/Clendening/Andersen/Oleksy

OR

Letang
Maata
Cole
LJ
Domoulin
Scuderi

7th and 8th-Gonchar/Erixon/Clendening/Andersen/Oleksy
with Pouliot starting in the AHL.

This is how I see it as well.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012

Maata - Letang
Scuderi - Lovejoy/Cole

I highly doubt pens expose Dumo to waivers - so I'd say he's a safe bet to be sticking with the big club and I doubt they will sit him in the press box.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Leafs can now sign some of Boyes, Glencross, Fraser and Setoguchi and flip em.
Well, Boyes and Glencross.

Last edited:

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Since camp is starting tomorrow, I've started an injury thread. Here's to hoping it doesn't get past Vol. 1 ...

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
How is that keeping the faith though? Either MJ is just blatantly lying (which would be the case if Scuderi was in the lineup) or Scuderi is out of the lineup.

With JR saying that the plan is to run with 8 D on the roster, I'm guessing Scuderi and Gonchar will be our extra D. That's at least good for WBS, Clendening, Erixon and Andersen is a pretty good start of a D group for them.

He also said "there's no reason for me to aggressively pursue" a trade at this point". Which he would be if he didn't see Scuderi as a viable option to our blueline next season.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Alrighty so 8 D, which i figured they would do:

Letang
Maata
Cole
LJ
Domoulin
Pouliot
Scuderi

8th-Gonchar/Erixon/Clendening/Andersen/Oleksy

OR

Letang
Maata
Cole
LJ
Domoulin
Scuderi

7th and 8th-Gonchar/Erixon/Clendening/Andersen/Oleksy
with Pouliot starting in the AHL.

I think you'll see the latter, but with Pouliot in the group to battle for that 7/8 spot. Remember how Despres did after his first taste and his 2nd season - when he was sent down? I could see DP hitting the same wall.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He also said "there's no reason for me to aggressively pursue" a trade at this point". Which he would be if he didn't see Scuderi as a viable option to our blueline next season.

That wasn't MJ, that was JR. MJ decides who plays in games, and him saying that our D will be much more active offensively is a hell of a lot more telling than JR saying that he doesn't need to make a trade right now (which isn't even saying they view Scuderi as being a viable member).

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Why would the Islanders do that? At least from my EHM experiences while playing as the Leafs, those aren't bad pieces, but they're certainly not good pieces either.

Why wouldn't they? They've been trying to trade Grabner for a while now. Are they good pieces? No. But neither are they bad pieces. Beck can play in the NHL today, and still has some upside. Gibson, Verhaeghe and Finn are still B/C level prospects with upside.

Grabner also makes 5m this season. Those 5 combined make 3.95m - however all but Beck are on ELC's and thus are two way contracts... which means salary wise, NYI will pay just over 1m for those 5 (assuming most are in the minors) vs the 5m for Grabner.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012

Or maybe he's already tried to dump Scuds and realizes that he's untradeable.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa

I'm not being a smartass, I may have missed something, but where did MJ say Scuderi wouldn't be in the line-up?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He has a NMC, no? And even if he doesn't, we woulnd't get cap relief from such a move :(

He might have a NMC. They'd get some cap relief depending on who replaces him, every little bit helps but really it's about getting Scuderi away from the coaches and getting a better player on the roster.

If he can be buried, I'd bury him this season and buy him out next season. The Pens would never disrespect such a veteran player, though... it's also questionable if they think he as bad as we do. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad