Rumor: [Garrioch] Toronto "Kicking Tires" on Tyler Myers

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Myers @ 50% foe Kerfoot + pick?
Disgusting. Kerfoot is absolutely useless to us, so that has to be one hell of a pick for us to retain 6 million dollars over this year and next.

That kind of dead cap cost you lot a first to dump Marleau not that long ago. Just saying.

Kerfoot has more value than Myers even retained at 75%.
Kerfoot has negative value to the Canucks. He'd be a 4th line center or a 3rd line winger. Sending him our way would cost Toronto assets.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Disgusting. Kerfoot is absolutely useless to us, so that has to be one hell of a pick for us to retain 6 million dollars over this year and next.

That kind of dead cap cost you lot a first to dump Marleau not that long ago. Just saying.
LOL i just read the first half of your post. Marleau at 6.25 for a full season cost a first to give up, kerfoot at 3.5 for less than a full season, while being a 50 point player (which marleau no longer was) is not the same.

I see theres not much point to conversing with you, since you change facts to pretend your guy is more valuable, when really hes just a 6 million dollar boat anchor for the rest of this season and another full season.

Guess you could send us your 1st rounder with him and we can take him for Kerfoot, who i imagine would be your number 2 center after you trade away all your pending UFA's and everyone not on millers side of the dressing room.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
He is a flawed d-men and won't move the needle. He can skate alright for a big guy... But that's about it. TOR would be better off going 4 a shutdown defensive d-man

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Myers would be a good add for the Leafs.

The challenge with Myers is that he 1) is paid too much for his ability 2) He plays far too many minutes 3) He plays against all teams top lines.

With some retention, and a more sheltered role, I could see Myers excelling in Toronto.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006

I don't think he's the answer for the Leafs I believe Luke Schen would be a much more desirable target for them . Dubas should purge any and all thoughts of acquiring Myers from his hockey addled mind and concentrate on adding to overall team toughness and maybe improving his goaltending situation if thats even possible .

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010

The challenge with Myers is that he 1) is paid too much for his ability 2) He plays far too many minutes 3) He plays against all teams top lines.

With some retention, and a more sheltered role, I could see Myers excelling in Toronto.
under the scrutiny of Toronto media there is no hope. They're all over Holl every other game. He needs to go to a market where the media wont highlight his mistakes quite as much. He's not a horrible 5th dman.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

Wouldnt be able to get that with how our defense is deployed. He would have to outbattle Holl (which is debatable) and be a big improvement on the PK and in a defensive shutdown role, which i doubt happens. He is obviously better than Holl with the puck though but thats not enough to save him from our media and fans.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
We have a bunch of 3rd pair LDs and a couple of needs....

Rielly Liljegren
________ Brodie
Giordano _______
Benn Holl

We have Sandin available and a need for a top 4 LD and bottom pair RD if we want to be playoff ready.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Even free with retention he'd be redundant because Toronto has ample guys to play 3rd pair. They should just spend what it takes for a legit top 4 guy and try to lock him up for a few years.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yeeeaaaahhhh no. Garrioch is completely unconnected to anything and there is a 0% chance Toronto acquires Myers.

As much as I want Garrioch wiped from all things Senators he is pretty connected to Pierre Dorion and others in the sens back offices. If rumour of a trade spilled there someone could leak it to Bruce. He isn't connected to Freidman/Mackenzie levels but he is still pretty connected.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Yup, flood the market with rumours because nobody is giving them anything, then claim "sources near" if any of their guesses are remotely close.
The sources near Toronto are geographically close. Spolier: It's a guy in a bar in Buffalo

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Leafs goal scored by number 47 Pierre Engvall...assist to number 57 Tyler Myers. Celebration pic:
a_pair_of_giraffes_from_africa_s_most_endangered_g_6078643944.jpg

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sadly, I can see it after thinking about it. My first reaction was our RD is set. Then I remembered they have been playing Brodie on LD due to the shortage of quality players there and he's been excellent. So I don't think the Leafs are stuck on a LD or RD, just the best D they can get and they swap around players to make it work.

So what do the Leafs need? Well someone to replace most of these qualities we lose in Muzzin

- A solid Pker
- Physicality along the boards and net
- A leader with cup experience
- Take hard minutes and dzone draws
- A dman who actually contributes points 5v5 and has a good point clapper

Welp, he is big and can skate so I can see the physical attributes they would want, and he plays a lot of PK and takes a lot of dzone starts. He can also produce points.

Dubas has never once gone out and gotten the #1 guy available. He always tries to bargain shop and get guys who maybe were miscast or they think a different role might help. So this makes sense. If he is able to get them to retain 50%, Myers for this year and next @ 3M probably is fair even if he is nothing more than a #5 and expires before Sandin/Liljegren need new deals.

I'd say a pair of 2nd's or a 2nd and 3rd and B prospect, this makes sense. Prob not getting a clearly better dman for less. And it leaves the first and top prospects available along with ~ 2.5 of cap space to make another deal up front.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
There has been, for about a year. So much noise about players in Vancouver being shopped around. JT Miller, Garland, Myers, OEL, Boeser, even now a little Demko…. And yet….

Their press sure likes to try to invent reasons to click on the articles for things that aren’t happening and won’t.
Garrioch isn't Vancouver press...Ottawa/Toronto press...

Sadly, I can see it after thinking about it. My first reaction was our RD is set. Then I remembered they have been playing Brodie on LD due to the shortage of quality players there and he's been excellent. So I don't think the Leafs are stuck on a LD or RD, just the best D they can get and they swap around players to make it work.

So what do the Leafs need? Well someone to replace most of these qualities we lose in Muzzin

- A solid Pker
- Physicality along the boards and net
- A leader with cup experience
- Take hard minutes and dzone draws
- A dman who actually contributes points 5v5 and has a good point clapper

Welp, he is big and can skate so I can see the physical attributes they would want, and he plays a lot of PK and takes a lot of dzone starts. He can also produce points.

Dubas has never once gone out and gotten the #1 guy available. He always tries to bargain shop and get guys who maybe were miscast or they think a different role might help. So this makes sense. If he is able to get them to retain 50%, Myers for this year and next @ 3M probably is fair even if he is nothing more than a #5 and expires before Sandin/Liljegren need new deals.

I'd say a pair of 2nd's or a 2nd and 3rd and B prospect, this makes sense. Prob not getting a clearly better dman for less. And it leaves the first and top prospects available along with ~ 2.5 of cap space to make another deal up front.
Shocking....the leafs need defense. A tale as old as time.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Garrioch isn't Vancouver press...Ottawa/Toronto press...

Shocking....the leafs need defense. A tale as old as time.

Huh? They were a top 10 defensive team last year and are top 10 in every category this year despite missing 2 top 4 D 90% of the year and being on their 5th and 6th string goalies lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad