Rumor: [Garrioch] Toronto "Kicking Tires" on Tyler Myers

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Just wondering if anybody can find the original source article/tweet/interview. Sometimes I'm skeptical of random Twitter user saying he heard somebody else say something, or perhaps will Purple Monkey Dishwasher what the reporter said.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There has been, for about a year. So much noise about players in Vancouver being shopped around. JT Miller, Garland, Myers, OEL, Boeser, even now a little Demko…. And yet….

Their press sure likes to try to invent reasons to click on the articles for things that aren’t happening and won’t.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
32 teams & few good players seem to come available, not surprised someone sub-par like Myers would have some interest given his position & size. Imagine we'd have to retain to make anything work.
50% retention would probably be needed for most contenders. I really hope this is click bait though because Myers is terrible.

Done. I’ll drive him to TO myself.

Don't want Myers anywhere near this team.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Honestly this wouldn’t be a bad move for the Leafs… he only has one year left, he wouldn’t cost much to get and he would be trade asset at next years TDL as well.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
50% retention would probably be needed for most contenders. I really hope this is click bait though because Myers is terrible.

Don't want Myers anywhere near this team.
While I agree Myers contract is bad for what he is on the ice, I can't see any way the capped out Canucks can eat $3.0 next year and whatever 50% of the remainder of this year is. They would need to replace Myers so even a $3.0 cap player puts you at the same cap expenditure as Myers - meaning you're better off keeping Myers unless the assets coming back for Myers are worth eating the cap space, and I can't see the Leafs offering value back. This makes zero sense to me, but maybe thats why I don't manage a team.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
While I agree Myers contract is bad for what he is on the ice, I can't see any way the capped out Canucks can eat $3.0 next year and whatever 50% of the remainder of this year is. They would need to replace Myers so even a $3.0 cap player puts you at the same cap expenditure as Myers - meaning you're better off keeping Myers unless the assets coming back for Myers are worth eating the cap space, and I can't see the Leafs offering value back. This makes zero sense to me, but maybe thats why I don't manage a team.
Fair enough and makes sense. I have no clue what this is either so fair play.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Lol, they do it for all teams, since that their job, sheesh.

Is it their job to report the news, or just drum up fan interest in random speculation with absolutely nothing to back it up? :help: :dunno:

Here, I'll try.

"Sources tell me the Leafs are in talks with Pittsburgh about Mitch Marner."

Wow, that was easy. Don't ask about who my sources are, though, because I can't tell you. Totally heard them say it, though.

• Haha
Reactions: kevistar

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Is it their job to report the news, or just drum up fan interest in random speculation with absolutely nothing to back it up? :help: :dunno:

Here, I'll try.

Wow, that was easy. Don't ask about who my sources are, though, because I can't tell you. Totally heard them say it, though.
Hello Dr pepper, whats happening.

If you tweet that so I could use you as my source that would be greaaaaaaaat, mckay?

Also im gonna go ahead and need you to tweet on saturday. Thaanks

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
dont you guys hate Holl? we'll take him. Done deal!

Edit: on second thoughts... he is THE tank commander, maybe canucks should ride it out.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Here, I'll try.

Yep that’s their job, yep and some of it are clicks, but also has to have some reality to it.
That’s why you need to listen to what they say, like Freidman is notorious for I believe, I think, as opposed to I’m hearing.
So parse their words carefully, because there is crap in there.

If you think Freidman is going to say, yep the Leafs assistant GM told me Marner might be on the move to Pittsburg, that’s also dreamland, they won’t give up sources, just listen to wording carefully, should make you happier.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
He was actually very good last year. He would still be useful in a lesser role.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
A giraffe lands in TO. No thanks. He is softer than butter.

Myers has a lot of flaws but being soft is not one of them.

He actually plays a physical and tough game. He is gritty on the boards and in the crease and he handles big skilled players fine. He struggles vs smaller , very agile/speed players and he also should not be trusted with the puck.

but like i said , being soft is not something you can describe him as unless one hasnt seem him play for a while or one has a bias.

Canucks should hang on to Myers.

He will be on an expiring contract next year,

I've seen worse defenders than Myers get a 2nd or even a 1st round return at the Trade Deadline.

Right Shot Dmen that can skate are also unicorns in the NHL and are ALWAYS coveted.

I can gurantee, Myers is one of those type of players that GMs for some reason will have a different perspective on the player than most fans would.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
There has been, for about a year. So much noise about players in Vancouver being shopped around. JT Miller, Garland, Myers, OEL, Boeser, even now a little Demko…. And yet….

Their press sure likes to try to invent reasons to click on the articles for things that aren’t happening and won’t.
There has, but this reporter has nothing to do with the Canucks and deals with the sens and leafs for the most part.
So thanks for trying

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
If you want a rhd that can disrupt the cycle in the corners, but is really bad at everything else - Myers is your guy.

Just getting him out of Van is enough for me

Reactions: BHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad