Garrett Sparks

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I wanted a goalie at the deadline more than a forward like Ferland/Simmonds. Was really hoping for Jimmy Howard considering Sparks was a huge disappointment the first half of the season. If Andy ever goes down, we're f***cked.

The first half of the season he was something like 8-2 with a GAA and Sv% in the top 15 league-wide.

Are you sure you know what you’re talking about?

It wasn’t until the team was struggling with injuries on D (Gardiner, Dermott) that his performance really dipped.

Although, the fan base here had a lot of really vocal McElhinney fans that pounded on Sparks early in the season despite winning games with good underlying stats.

And now it looks like they won the revisionist history war.

Bravo.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
The first half of the season he was something like 8-2 with a GAA and Sv% in the top 15 league-wide.

Are you sure you know what you’re talking about?

It wasn’t until the team was struggling with injuries on D (Gardiner, Dermott) that his performance really dipped.

Although, the fan base here had a lot of really vocal McElhinney fans that pounded on Sparks early in the season despite winning games with good underlying stats.

And now it looks like they won the revisionist history war.

Bravo.

10 games is a pretty small sample size. Sparks is simply not a NHL goalie, and it was clear even at the start of the season when his "stats" were above average. All you need to do is look at him play and you will quickly realize he is, in fact, below average in terms of positioning and technique.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Why even make this guy available to the media?

I think he proactively makes himself available to the media without asking for any consent from the team/management/organisation...a grand sense of self-importance...after all, he's won a "cup" that others haven't, LOL.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think he proactively makes himself available to the media without asking for any consent from the team/management/organisation...a grand sense of self-importance...after all, he's won a "cup" that others haven't, LOL.

If that were true, I have much larger concerns with the top guys than I currently do.

I think he's available because they aren't making it a bigger deal than it is, which can't be said for Leafs fans.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
If Andersen goes down and the camera turns to him ..... i'll bet he looks scared.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If Andersen goes down and the camera turns to him ..... i'll bet he looks scared.
Sneak preview
scurrd.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad