Gardiner Sits. More to it?

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
so......

who sits next game???

ranger sits....team loses 6-0
gardiner sits.....team loses 6-5

rielly? franson? fraser?

i dont see how franson doesnt get popcorn for next game. he looks so cavalier when passing the puck in his own net and through the neutral zone. its just asking to get picked off.

id be interested to see;

phaneuf-gunnarson
gardiner-ranger
rielly-fraser

i also wouldnt be totally opposed to bringing liles up for a game if there is someone we can send down that doesnt need to deal with waivers.

phaneuf-gunnarson
liles-gardiner
rielly-ranger

despite being small, liles/gardiner pairing wasnt so bad when it was tried. both very good skaters and able to move the puck out of the zone. fraser gives me a stroke everytime i see him touch the puck. he handles it like a grenade

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
cause some Leaf fans want him

Actually HNIC Hotstove last Saturday Lebrun mentioned B.Schenn & Gardiner connected in trade rumours circling around as Philly is listening to offers.

Also Darren Dreger a few days ago

From Philly.com
The Flyers are deep at center. Brayden Schenn plays center. Should they consider trading him for defensive help?

Brayden Schenn isn't necessarily on the trade market, but he is up for grabs if the Flyers get the right offer. That's the news reported by TSN's Darren Dreger on Wednesday.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ving_Brayden_Schenn_.html#btjhirtK2vpu6kYg.99

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Actually HNIC Hotstove last Saturday Lebrun mentioned B.Schenn & Gardiner connected in trade rumours circling around as Philly is listening to offers.

Would hope we get both of them. They can have Liles for Luke

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
If Gards is ran out of town by this dinosaur-ian coach I would be pretty pissed. One cannot be successful in the modern NHL without skill and this old buffoon is running skilled players out of town.

Absolutely unacceptable!!!
my god your hilarious

how DARE he sit a player who already has over 100 games under his belt. Obviously JG has nothing left to learn

maybe he should be a player/coach

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
And he was the only one? When you lose 6-0, I doubt blame can be placed on one player. Perhaps benching a young player whose game relies on confidence isn't the best idea, especially when the alternatives are pretty awful.
poor little Jake.

it's not a little boys game. and it's not the coaches job at the NHL level to pamper his players.

btw, the blame is not being put on one player

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site

From Philly.com
any GM is always listening to offers.

I'll copy the key sentence for you: Brayden Schenn isn't necessarily on the trade market

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
any GM is always listening to offers.

I'll copy the key sentence for you: Brayden Schenn isn't necessarily on the trade market

Smoke screen, management never says how hot a potential deal is getting.

Best thing that could happen is to get Schenn for Gardiner. We don't need a figure skater, we need an effective hockey player.

Feb 24, 2004
poor little Jake.

it's not a little boys game. and it's not the coaches job at the NHL level to pamper his players.

btw, the blame is not being put on one player

If you don't think confidence is a factor for a young player, then we aren't going to agree here.

We sucked at breaking out of our zone last night. Don't you think we could have used Gardiner for that?

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
If you don't think confidence is a factor for a young player, then we aren't going to agree here.

We sucked at breaking out of our zone last night. Don't you think we could have used Gardiner for that?
never said confidence wasn't important.

sorry comments are going over your head

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Am I the only one that doesnt have a problem with Gardiner in the D zone? Like really, hes not that bad. When he gets the puck, he skates it out, every time. His problem lies in the neutral zone and O zone for giveaways. He, like Kadri, being offensively gifted players, make high risk plays and they dont always work out. I think hes fine defensively.

Feb 24, 2004
never said confidence wasn't important.

sorry comments are going over your head

Lets refresh: I said that benching Gardiner might not be the best thing for his confidence. You said that he shouldn't be pampered and "poor little jake". Seems to me like you were intimating that confidence isn't important (or Carlyles responsibility to help foster), but I don't have the command of the English language that you do apparently.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Lets refresh: I said that benching Gardiner might not be the best thing for his confidence. You said that he shouldn't be pampered and "poor little jake". Seems to me like you were intimating that confidence isn't important (or Carlyles responsibility to help foster), but I don't have the command of the English language that you do apparently.
apparently

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

From Philly.com

Either it was not Lebrun or it was not HNIC Hotstove. Lebrun is exclusive to ESPN and TSN.

Feb 24, 2004
Sure how about that pass in the Columbus game which led to an icing. Following faceoff, Columbus scores

So just anecdotal evidence then.

You do realize you're more likely to remember a glaring mistake like that instead of the 100's of successful breakout passes he's made?

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
i do find it a bit noteworthy that Grabovski last year was the source of all problems and we would improve without him, addition by subtraction. and this year when the team gets blown out by Columbus it's Jake Gardiner who needs to sit to learn a lesson or whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad