Value of: Gardiner Should be shopped

Riellyfan04

Feb 25, 2010
Toronto On
Only those leafs fans who are clueless think gardiner sucks... sure he makes mistakes but he also makes a lot more great plays. Just like all other offensive defenseman

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Everyone makes mistakes - Gardiner just happens to be unfortunate in the regard that a) he plays in Toronto b) focus on playoff gaffs.

He/all players should be shopped , as every general manager should know what their market value is and what possible offers are on the table so as to prepare options for making team better.

It's really as simple as that.

To think that Gardiner is somehow exclusively in a shopped group is dumb and near sighted.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
hey guys I know someone wont like this idea but I think Dubas should be shopping gardiner or at least finding out what his value is, don't want to see him walk away for nothing just like JR or Bozak, that's not good business so I say move him for the best possible deal, wont be able to sign him anyways so it time, use the imagination mr. Dubas….
well folks I see a few fans agree with me but others don't see the whole picture, we lost bozak and jvr for ziltch nothing, where we could've gotten something for them, now is dubas, I know it wasn't his call last year, going to do it again let him walk for nothing, I say that's insane, I don't mean trade him now maybe at the deadline or maybe get someone back in return with term left on his deal, just speculating that allllllll.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
we lost bozak and jvr for ziltch nothing, where we could've gotten something for them

What we got was Bozak and JVR down the stretch and in the playoffs. Sure, there's a question about whether that was worth it but that same question would need to be answered if we traded them. This season we're going to be even less likely to sell at the deadline.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They will just end up letting him walk like JVR. Ideally we should be picking up assets for these losses but the Leafs are weighing potential playoff success vs future picks. Neither is a guarantee.
That said I definitely wouldn't resign him. Bite the bullet and make due with a few short term solutions until Sandin and Liljegren are ready.
Leafs future: Rielly/Dermott/Sandin/Liljegren (Hopefully a fifth D piece after the Nylander trade).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad