Post-Game Talk: Garbage PP costs us. Oilers lose 6-4 to Bolts

oilz89*

NILSSON SUCKS. I Can't believe some of you said he should've been signed instead of Talbot or that he should be signed as well. HE single handly cost us atleast a point tonight. He was scared of a breakaway from Brian ******* Boyle.

He had 4 good games in our 6 game winning streak. Other than that, he's been TRASH TRASH TRASH

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Well, the game was also lost in the second by horrific defensive coverage by Oilers forwards. Yes Nil was terrible, yes the PP was dismal, but Lander, Yak and Purcell had complete meltdowns leading to three separate TB goals.

Positives: we didn't roll over and die like we would have last year. Had 2-3 grade A scoring chances when the game was 5-4. Kept the game intense and exciting. But Nilsson. Jesus ****.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Mostly Nillson cost us. Been saying he's not an NHL goalie all year. people starting to get it?

just brutal play. Worst play of the year on the 5th goal but he was bad on the 2nd and 4th goals as well.

But I just HATE how that goal sinks this club. What a braindead play by Nillson. That was a nothing dump, not even dangerous, Yak was back, Boyle would have had only an outside play.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If you score 4, you should win. Sure our PP stunk, but what else do you want? 7 goals?

The first few weren't his fault, but the game winner was. Hope that's the last we see from Anders for some time.

At least Calgary lost.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nilsson went all the way to his blue line to clear a puck - he did this beacuse he doesn't trust Jultz. Does anyone trust Jultz?

What a massive ****up

He went to the circle, and he did it because he doesn't trust himself to make a save. Its pretty ****ing clear he has no confidence in himself, and for good reason he can't track a puck or control a rebound to save his life. He's a ****ing steaming turd in net.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Mostly Nillson cost us. Been saying he's not an NHL goalie all year. people starting to get it?

just brutal play. Worst play of the year on the 5th goal but he was bad on the 2nd and 4th goals as well.

But I just HATE how that goal sinks this club. What a braindead play by Nillson. That was a nothing dump, not even dangerous, Yak was back, Boyle would have had only an outside play.

Exactly this. By the time Boyle got the puck, Yak would've been back against him. Didn't stop Remenda from blaming Yak.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I really believe that Woodcroft isn't the reason why the sharks PP was so lethal. How the **** do you not have a decent PP with all of the firepower on this team? Brutal.

Brent Burns + Dan Boyle.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Nice knowing you Andres... Laurikainen or LB welcome to Edmonton.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Gotta say Hall and Draisaitl impress me. Purcell and Poulit make me cringe. Schultz isn't on Carle's level of suckage.

I probably would've found another sport or would cry myself to sleep if I had to endure what you guys are going through these past few years. You guys are some of the toughest fans out there with the **** storm you guys put up with from outsiders and your organization. I remember rooting for you guys against the Hurricanes 10 years ago and would do it again. You fans don't get enough credit. Not to be an ass or think my team is gold, I truly do feel bad for you guys and you guys deserve better. Hopefully McDavid comes back roaring and you guys grab a dman come TD and pick it up. Can't say I know your team well enough but I hope you guys make the playoffs within the next couple years. Good luck :)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
NILSSON SUCKS. I Can't believe some of you said he should've been signed instead of Talbot or that he should be signed as well. HE single handly cost us atleast a point tonight. He was scared of a breakaway from Brian ******* Boyle.

He had 4 good games in our 6 game winning streak. Other than that, he's been TRASH TRASH TRASH

Theres nothing about Nillsons fundamentals, reads and decision making that says NHL goalie to me. This guy is brutal. has been now for a month and a half.

People got sucked into reading too much off of a 5 game stint.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Woodcroft is not the problem. San Jose had their troubles as well when McLellan and Woodcroft got there.

The PP system they're running is failing because we lack a Brent Burns or Dan Boyle. The San Jose PP was and still is pretty damn solid. I have no problems with them showing the players how to play in that particular PP because they are trying to turn Schultz into something useful. Perhaps they're trying to tell Chiarelli they need a Yandle, Shattenkirk, or Burns themselves.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Brent Burns + Dan Boyle.

Burns, Boyle, Thornton, and Marleau.

We have Hall, Draisaitl, Yakupov, Eberle, etc and Woodcroft can't run those offensive firepower successfully on a PP? Beyond inexcusable. He's lucky that he's McLellan's guy, otherwise he'll be out.

Topkatz

Jul 23, 2010

You are going way overboard. He's had some less than steller games recently but most of them he has been either ok to good.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
When you have a mediocre defence, you can win some games with outstanding goaltending, as we've had with Talbot. Tonight, not so much. I simply don't trust Nilsson to come up with the saves when we need them anymore. His rebound control is just brutal. Defence was not great, but 4 goals should be enough for us to win most games.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
He went to the circle, and he did it because he doesn't trust himself to make a save. Its pretty ****ing clear he has no confidence in himself, and for good reason he can't track a puck or control a rebound to save his life. He's a ****ing steaming turd in net.

Since you read minds can you tell me Taylor Swift's phone number?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This is the 5th game recently where the opposition was practically trying to hand it to the Oilers on a silver platter (Tampa (2), Florida, Arizona, San Jose) and they get 2 points out of a possible 10. Losers until the end of enternity.

I know they have a lot of injuries and it's 3 games in 4 nights but half the team doesn't even show up when the other half does. Eberle, Pouliot, Schultz and Nilsson were all a pile tonight, I'd add Yak in there too but he just got back from injury so it's somewhat understandable. Lander is a waste of a roster spot as well.
Even RNH was a no show tonight.

Nilsson in particular, nothing but pouty ever since Talbot took over the #1 job instead of battling to get his job back. Not only on the ice but him throwing temper tantrums in practice as well apparently. **** off with that attitude.

oilz89*

Also, that was stonehands boyle not stamkos. Holy **** Nilsson is garbage. We could've made ground on calgary and vancouver who both lost tonight

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I really believe that Woodcroft isn't the reason why the sharks PP was so lethal. How the **** do you not have a decent PP with all of the firepower on this team? Brutal.

No ones crashes the net, and they don't move the puck fast enough to open up lanes for the dmen to get it on net. Also no one screening the goalie, I believe it was Latestu I seen standing 2 ft to the left of the goalie allowing him clear view of a point shot.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Another two points thrown away. Nilsson is total garbage and we win that game with Talbot in net. Yak had his worst game of the year, at least out of the ones I've seen.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Gotta say Hall and Draisaitl impress me. Purcell and Poulit make me cringe. Schultz isn't on Carle's level of suckage.

I probably would've found another sport or would cry myself to sleep if I had to endure what you guys are going through these past few years. You guys are some of the toughest fans out there with the **** storm you guys put up with from outsiders and your organization. I remember rooting for you guys against the Hurricanes 10 years ago and would do it again. You fans don't get enough credit. Not to be an ass or think my team is gold, I truly do feel bad for you guys and you guys deserve better. Hopefully McDavid comes back roaring and you guys grab a dman come TD and pick it up. Can't say I know your team well enough but I hope you guys make the playoffs within the next couple years. Good luck :)

Nice to get an opposition fan commenting. Drai is the real deal. Hall we always knew was. But Drai really strong on the puck and hard to contain.

Things are coming together here finally. We're getting some stronger players coming in and you can see we're playing with more of an edge now.

Really liked Pakarinens game out there and working well with Kassian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad