Games you are currently playing: ROUND FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just finished Dragon Quest IV, so now it's onto DQ V.

IV was interesting with its chapter setup, but by the end the grinding was starting to get frustrating, and the story kind of tailed off (though that might because it was a game that started on the NES and probably wouldn't have had a lot of space for a rich, full story).

V originated as a SNES game, so here's hoping for a little more robustness.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night. That last mission was fun as hell.
What a game, and they left room for a sequel, though I'm not sure how the story can proceed from there while keeping the game fresh.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Borderlands 2 right now. Friend and i are trying to take a run at all the raid bosses.

After farming stupidly OP gear (hello magic pistol that can somehow do upwards of like 4 million damage a shot) it's made it...doable since it's obvious these bosses were made for a full group to take on. Seems to work alright with 2 anyways.

I love BL2. Its one of my favourite games of all time.

Its one of the very few games where I have no complaints whatsoever about it. Its perfect. In fact I cant really see any legitimate complaints about it from anyone. You'd certainly have to reach to find anything major, hell, even minor, wrong with it.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Got to the Vice desk in LA Noire.

This is the ultimate love it/hate it game in the sense that I feel both ways towards it. The concept, the atmosphere, most of the interrogations, those are all great. I also see instances of the game not being completed with questionable dialogue trees, subpar street crimes and plotholes (homicide desk has a major one with the last two cases).

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
I figure I'm at about the halfway point of my DS3 SL1 playthrough. This is my second playthrough of the game.

Next bosses up are Champion Gundyr, Dragonslayer Armor, Aldritch.

Mostly worried about Friede now, she wrecked me even on my regular first playthrough.

Hardest boss so far has been Dancer, her one fast slam attack into delayed swing one shots an SL1 character even through Lloyd's Shield Ring, and inputting the roll too late because of slow reactions gives you a buffered roll that the delayed second attack seems to always catch.

Other than that, Pontiff Phase 2 was pretty hard, and I had some trouble with Abyss Watchers for various reasons.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I figure I'm at about the halfway point of my DS3 SL1 playthrough. This is my second playthrough of the game.

Next bosses up are Champion Gundyr, Dragonslayer Armor, Aldritch.

Mostly worried about Friede now, she wrecked me even on my regular first playthrough.

Hardest boss so far has been Dancer, her one fast slam attack into delayed swing one shots an SL1 character even through Lloyd's Shield Ring, and inputting the roll too late because of slow reactions gives you a buffered roll that the delayed second attack seems to always catch.

Other than that, Pontiff Phase 2 was pretty hard, and I had some trouble with Abyss Watchers for various reasons.

I believe Pontiff was easily the hardest main boss for me. Soul of Cinder required some work, as did the Dancer, but I otherwise thought the bosses were fair or, in the case of Wolnir, kind of easy.

Never got over the hump with the Nameless King though. The camera made his quick movements a nightmare and I just wanted to finish the damn thing.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
I believe Pontiff was easily the hardest main boss for me. Soul of Cinder required some work, as did the Dancer, but I otherwise thought the bosses were fair or, in the case of Wolnir, kind of easy.

Never got over the hump with the Nameless King though. The camera made his quick movements a nightmare and I just wanted to finish the damn thing.

I think for me the hardest normal (non-DLC) bosses were Nameless King and Twins (loved both fights). I'd say that Friede, Demon Prince, Midir, and Gael were all harder than either of those, though.

Friede absolutely dumpstered my ass when I could take like 4 or 5 hits without dying, so doing it when dying in 1 or 2 hits is gonna be rough.

I probably actually do more damage this playthrough than I did when I killed her, though, depending on what the stagger properties on her with the Bandit Knife are. I know she gets bled pretty hard.

I didn't have too much problem with Dancer on my first playthrough, mostly because she doesn't hit a normal character THAT hard.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Of the non-DLC bosses, Pontiff was the coolest IMO. Just visually, the fight was great.

He had an odd timing, but once you got it down you could wreck him.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I love BL2. Its one of my favourite games of all time.

Its one of the very few games where I have no complaints whatsoever about it. Its perfect. In fact I cant really see any legitimate complaints about it from anyone. You'd certainly have to reach to find anything major, hell, even minor, wrong with it.

Mr. Torgue is the greatest character ever written in a game. This is inarguable fact. :laugh:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I think for me the hardest normal (non-DLC) bosses were Nameless King and Twins (loved both fights). I'd say that Friede, Demon Prince, Midir, and Gael were all harder than either of those, though.

Friede absolutely dumpstered my ass when I could take like 4 or 5 hits without dying, so doing it when dying in 1 or 2 hits is gonna be rough.

I probably actually do more damage this playthrough than I did when I killed her, though, depending on what the stagger properties on her with the Bandit Knife are. I know she gets bled pretty hard.

I didn't have too much problem with Dancer on my first playthrough, mostly because she doesn't hit a normal character THAT hard.

I actually do not have the DLCs, so I haven't tried Gael or the Demon Prince. I heard they are both pretty great, especially Gael, who is technically the final boss of the Souls trilogy.

Also heard his story is pretty sad.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Once again tried playing Little Big Planet 3 with my kid because he thinks the puppets are cute and especially with the DC Superhero costumes.

Not sure what they are thinking the target audience is with these games but they are WAY too hard with terrible controls and the fact you get a finite amount of lives between two players before you have to restart an entire level over.

As an adult they can be frustratingly difficult mostly due to controls and timing. Let alone trying to let a kid have fun with it like you could Mario. I'd rather play Super Meat Boy with my kid at least when you die you can learn from your mistakes not start all over and have to do it all again.

This is a 4 year old who can beat Arkham games on his own as long as I get him place to place with the map. But between him and me a 20 year gamer we can't beat level 3 in Little Big Planet, give me a break.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Been playing the surge. It's absolutely fantastic. Might have to write a full length review once I beat it. I'm really impressed with this one.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
28BpC45.jpg

Dynasty Warriors Unleashed - Hack and Slash for the iPhone.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Just finished up Tales From the Borderlands.

That's easily the best story Telltale has done imo. Probably helped 2K actually send a couple of the writers from BL2 to help Telltale with it, but it captured the series so well. Really well done twist towards the end too.

Awesome soundtrack as well.

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com
Just finished Tacoma, I thought it was even better than Gone Home. I thought the AR Replay mechanic it used (instead of notes or audiologs) was great, the story kept me interested, and the space station was beautifully detailed, felt very "lived in". Definitely recommend it if you have any interest in walking simulators.

Celebrating the 20th anniversary next month, I'm playing:
K4J1veZ.png

In ultrawide even!

Nice! Does it natively have the wide screen, or is there like a patch or mod or something?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Nice! Does it natively have the wide screen, or is there like a patch or mod or something?

Fallout Fixt mod does the job. It incorporates all the old fan patches from a decade ago + the widescreen mod + new fixes/tweaks that are optional.

You still gotta keep the resolution lowish otherwise the game looks like an ant farm. And you can see more than you're supposed to. But you don't have to play in a window/blackbarred.

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
I've been playing Just Cause 3 the past couple of days.
I hadn't played it for several months but the past days I put an effort in and collected all collectables.

4 pictures in the spoiler tag:

[collapse=JC3images]
Npdw1Y6.jpg

4Ppms6D.jpg

plEeECL.jpg

8ZjzPbl.jpg

[/collapse]

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
So I just finished Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel (also finally beat Nameless King). Well played with Friede, From Software. You just had to include a round 3, didn't ye?

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Friede was good but Ringed City is a much better DLC (the rest of Ashes of Ariandel was pretty meh imo). Some of the best bosses in Souls. Get it ASAP.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Trying to conquer Borderlands 2 with my commando (UVHM) and just starting up Witcher 2. Im finding Witcher a little clunky on my PC, which is surprising given its age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad