Games you are currently playing: ROUND FIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Playing Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy. Challenging game. Just finished the Crash 1 there a little while ago and it was alot harder than I remember it being.

Also, playing Tales of Phantasia atm. Yeah, going way back there.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Playing Crash Bandicoot N. Sane trilogy. Challenging game. Just finished the Crash 1 there a little while ago and it was alot harder than I remember it being.

Also, playing Tales of Phantasia atm. Yeah, going way back there.

One of the few purchases I seriously regret. I never played the original so have no nostalgia. The gameplay is extremely dated and the platforming is very imprecise. Not fun imo.

Only 30 bucks brand new but still not worth the clams.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Then you have no taste.

People who claim Crash is imprecise are the same people who Nintendo dumbed down the Mario platformers for.

For once and as much as i dislike using the term; git gud.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Then you have no taste.

People who claim Crash is imprecise are the same people who Nintendo dumbed down the Mario platformers for.

For once and as much as i dislike using the term; git gud.
Sorry but its true. Google it, even fans of the original agree. For many reasons, the platforming in the game is very poor, and thats not even accounting for the added input lag of modern tvs and wireless controllers. The jumping mechanics are inaccurate and I'm just not a fan of the 2.5D environments.

The game just isn't good anymore. Theres a reason that type of game design doesn't exist anymore and mario and metroid have dozens of copycat games coming out on a yearly basis.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I've been playing Yakuza 0, the game is stupid fun.

Definitely not a game that people who skip through cutscenes and dialogue will enjoy, since the gameplay gets kind of repetitive. The story and the side missions are really well done though. Just lots of reading since it's only subbed in English and all of the audio is in Japanese.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm not usually into survival games, but I'm really enjoying The Long Dark right now.

It's intriguing and fun in a slow but insidious way.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I'm kicking back with the relaxing games right now with Tales from the Borderlands next up to bat (and the Long Dark still ongoing). I gotta say, I love Telltale....it's a nice balance to action packed games.

Just finished up Ori and the Blind Forest with the wife. That game is a masterpiece, but can get intense at times....partially because I'm so bad at platformers. :laugh:

Outside of INSIDE (see what I did there) and LIMBO, I haven't enjoyed a sidescrolling platformer like this since the old days of Commander Keen and Earthworm Jim.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Madden 18. DL'd it last night, looked around some of the options early this AM. Nice jump in graphics.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've not played anything in about a month and a half. I've tried playing games for the last hour and I don't think my brain works anymore. Send help.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I've put a ton of time in Path of Exile following their 3.0 expansion release. Best ARPG out there by a country mile; love this game. Free to play as well, but not pay to win at all.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Speaking of which, did you drain the boss room back in Earthen Peak?

That goop made that fight so damn hard my first playthrough.

I did, but only after I died the first time. I'll be honest, DSII has several great moments, and the idea of having arenas that could be altered based on doing certain actions was one of them.

Probably the only thing about Earthen Peak that I found interesting, both mechanically and design-wise.

Also finished Dark Souls 3 everything. I think Slave Knight Gael is the best boss in Dark Souls history. He's tank-y as hell, but all of his attacks are dodge-able and all three of my deaths felt fair, a result of me messing up my timing instead of the camera going bonkers. His three stages are full of flashy attacks that get more intense as the fight wears on, without necessarily making it a ****show, and the surrounding arena is drenched in atmosphere. This one felt like a battle at the end of the world. Add on the surprising emotional element of Gael's descent into madness, and you've got what felt like the most fitting ending a Dark Souls game could have: a sad look into the future of the world we've explored, but with a glimmer of hope that the new painted world could provide an escape from it.

And Midir can go **** himself.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Fortnite

A friend of mine wanted me to pick it up so we could have another timesink/chill type game. I've never really bought into Early Access and ignored the cries of it being a dirty attempt at a pay 2 win game (because with gamers its hard to tell which outrages are actually justified or not) and um...

Pros: the core gameplay is exceptionally fun. Gunplay is super smooth, the different classes of characters while not really super unique from each other at least have a bit of difference in they play. Running around exploring, shooting and looting is fun especially with the maps being pusedo-procedurally generated.

Cons: The MAJOR (and ultimately player base killer) problem with the game is how it does progression. In order to "level up" and take on the harder missions of the game, you need good gear (survivors which you put into squads basically is the best way to do so) which most of is locked behind loot boxes. Not a problem you figure, right? Just grind it out and you can overcome it.

The problem is you can't. Ways of earning currency are laughably small and then you're at the mercy of RNG. in game where everything (weapons, defense traps, survivors, and even bloody EXP) are all tied into these boxes. Players who have been playing since launch are legitimately having issues advancing deeper into the game because of the fact the game basically forces you to pay real money to move on.

A damn shame. I'm still enjoying it for what it is (likely because i haven't hit the supposed progression wall quite yet) but this game is going to die long before it gets out of early access if the developers don't even attempt to save face.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Also finished Dark Souls 3 everything. I think Slave Knight Gael is the best boss in Dark Souls history. He's tank-y as hell, but all of his attacks are dodge-able and all three of my deaths felt fair, a result of me messing up my timing instead of the camera going bonkers. His three stages are full of flashy attacks that get more intense as the fight wears on, without necessarily making it a ****show, and the surrounding arena is drenched in atmosphere. This one felt like a battle at the end of the world. Add on the surprising emotional element of Gael's descent into madness, and you've got what felt like the most fitting ending a Dark Souls game could have: a sad look into the future of the world we've explored, but with a glimmer of hope that the new painted world could provide an escape from it.

Definitely an amazing boss. He feels to me like a flashier combination of both Artorias and Manus, also two of the best bosses in the series.

I think if Soul of Cinder had more HP that also would have great. Even as is I thought it was a very fitting send-off to the game/series.

All the above said, I don't own a PS4 so I can't play Bloodborne, and I've heard Bloodborne has the best bosses. :dunno:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Definitely an amazing boss. He feels to me like a flashier combination of both Artorias and Manus, also two of the best bosses in the series.

I think if Soul of Cinder had more HP that also would have great. Even as is I thought it was a very fitting send-off to the game/series.

All the above said, I don't own a PS4 so I can't play Bloodborne, and I've heard Bloodborne has the best bosses. :dunno:

I've seen my friend play it quite a bit, though at the time I was also not a Souls player and didn't dare try it myself. My friend's assessment is that Bloodborne has really good bosses and few weaklinks, but that he doesn't think they are necessarily "better" than Dark Souls' best. More consistent than anything else. I think DSII clearly suffered from having too many bosses, the complete game has over 40 or something and some of them are straight trash (Belfry Gargoyles, Dragonrider, Gank Graverobbers, Royal Rat Vanguard, Prowling Magus and Congregation, Royal Rat Authority, list goes on).

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I have a lot on my plate right now...

Currently:
Hellblade
Bioshock Collection

soon:
Uncharted Lost Legacy

for random fun still:
Rocket League

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Switching between (on PS 4) GTA V, Star Wars Battlefield, COD BO 3, and Red Dead Revolver.

Just ordered Nier: Automata (been getting great reviews), The Remastered Prototype 1&2 Bundle, and the Bioshock Collection.

Playing Alan Wake, a bit behind the times.

So far, it's very interesting. Might not be a full-fledged horror game, but it's given me the creeps more than once.

I tried to find this on Steam during the Summer sale and it wasn't available.

Just beat the first chapter of the Guardians of the Galaxy Tell Tale game. Good start, interested in how they will continue the story now.

I'm digging this too. Chapter 3 comes out in the next few days.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I believe they have removed it from sale due to licensing issues.

I could be misremembering though.

Yep.

Someone might have a key sitting around unclaimed from a bundle they might be willing to part with. And any old unclaimed key from various sketchy re-sellers should work as well. I'd bet the prices are up on those though.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Heavily into HoI:3 with the black ice mod. I'm working on my German campaign at the moment. It's Sept '43 and I've captured Leningrad, Stalingrad and Moscow, and yet the Soviets have not yet surrendered.

Italy has eaten all of North africa and Israel. With the help of Italy, we managed to surround the Americans in morroco and destroy an e tire army group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad