Games you are currently playing - Part 7

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
To my great shame I never finished Starcraft Brood War (something always got in my way), so I started it again. :) One of the best expansion packs ever for any game.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
SW Battlwfront 2

Bit I’m getting frustrated by it tbh, even though I’m a huge SW fan

1.Those loading times are way too long

2. I’m also in the middle of a campaign playing an Empire Special Forces agent (the girl, forgot her name) and I’m stuck in the same mission where I always end up killed because I can’t figure out where the shots are coming from lol
(I could watch a YT video but that would be cheating and too easy)

I feel like giving up

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Battlefield 4 looks incredible on PC. I only played it on PS4 and it looks awful. Maybe its that I'm playing it at 1080p with maxed out AA at 120 fps but it feels like a completely different game graphically.

Also, I didn't know this until recently, but GOG.com has full native non-emulated windows ports of Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 on their store. I had never even heard of these, I'll have to pick them up at some point.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Mentioned it in the other thread, but I got introduced to the souls series with Dark Souls 3 this year and that game quickly become one of my 5 favorite of all time.

I just started Bloodborne and I already love it.

Reactions: NinjaKick

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Mentioned it in the other thread, but I got introduced to the souls series with Dark Souls 3 this year and that game quickly become one of my 5 favorite of all time.

I just started Bloodborne and I already love it.
You want to break Bloodborne, use the 2 hand form of the hunter axe and just hold R2. You'll sleep walk through the game.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I just started State of Decay 2 as it was free on the game pass. I had never played this series and i am really enjoying it. I really went in blind and came out very impressed so far. I tend to enjoy end of the world / apocalyptical movies/books so this game fits right in.

I will probably restart it today though as I really winged it and pushed my characters to quickly into bad areas without stockpiling remedies for the plague so i have lost three people already lmao. There isnt much of a tutorial so I was moving into heavy areas to soon with no way to heal/cure my characters.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I just started State of Decay 2 as it was free on the game pass. I had never played this series and i am really enjoying it. I really went in blind and came out very impressed so far. I tend to enjoy end of the world / apocalyptical movies/books so this game fits right in.

I will probably restart it today though as I really winged it and pushed my characters to quickly into bad areas without stockpiling remedies for the plague so i have lost three people already lmao. There isnt much of a tutorial so I was moving into heavy areas to soon with no way to heal/cure my characters.

I found the first one to be a bit better, 2 gets pretty ridiculous with Juggernauts at a point and I just threw in the towel on it.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Planned on playing Psychonauts 2 next but since I hadn't played the original and it is on gamepass I decided to start at the beginning and started Psychonauts

So far about an hour in it holds up quite well for an OG Xbox game, it doesn't feel clunky and outdated

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Playing bits and pieces of lots of games like Slay the Spire, Storybook Brawl, Destiny 2, The Ascent, and the new Psychonauts 2 just biding my time until New World and Diablo 2 release within a week of each other.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
SW Battlwfront 2

Bit I’m getting frustrated by it tbh, even though I’m a huge SW fan

1.Those loading times are way too long

2. I’m also in the middle of a campaign playing an Empire Special Forces agent (the girl, forgot her name) and I’m stuck in the same mission where I always end up killed because I can’t figure out where the shots are coming from lol
(I could watch a YT video but that would be cheating and too easy)

I feel like giving up

SWBF2 was a frustrating experience. I played a ton of EA's first game (which a lot of people hated, but I loved). I thought they took a good concept of a game mode (Extraction) and butchered it. Extraction in SWBF1 was great, and in 2 it was awful.

As for the campaign, I beat it once and I honestly can't remember more than the basic ending of what happens. It was pretty nothing.

If you're looking for a really fun story Star Wars game to play, I recommend getting Jedi Fallen Order. That game was awesome, although its not multiplayer.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I started the remaster of Destroy All Humans. It's the first time I played it. I do remember a friend loving it when I was younger but I never came around to borrowing it from him. I'm enjoying it so far. The dumb humor is a lot of fun and it's hilarious killing people with some of these ridiculous tools.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Thinking about finally starting Graveyard Keeper. I'm trying to clear out some of my backlog of games

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Tried playing Trails of Cold Steel III and was not digging it all.

Deciding what to play now. I'm torn between God of War (PS4), FFXII: Zodiac Age (PS4), Ys: Memories of Celceta.

Any suggestions? I'm leaning toward either God of War or Ys, just because I know FF will take a lot longer to finish.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I played Trails of Cold Steel III and just wasn't feeling it also, and I read the synopsis of the previous games, too.

God of War is fantastic and shouldn't take you more than 30 hours unless you want to complete everything. The gameplay is top notch and they give you more moves and weapons throughout the game so it keeps the fighting fresh. I'm actually leaning towards a replay, which I haven't done in years because of how little I get to play nowadays, but it's SO GOOD lol

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Went back to Skyrim again a few weeks back, because its still basically my favourite game ever. Still finding new things. Finally decided to do the Dawnguard DLC. It was pretty epic for the most part.

Reactions: NinjaKick

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I played Trails of Cold Steel III and just wasn't feeling it also, and I read the synopsis of the previous games, too.

God of War is fantastic and shouldn't take you more than 30 hours unless you want to complete everything. The gameplay is top notch and they give you more moves and weapons throughout the game so it keeps the fighting fresh. I'm actually leaning towards a replay, which I haven't done in years because of how little I get to play nowadays, but it's SO GOOD lol
There were so many combat moves I never really played with that turned out to be super useful when I put in the tie to learn them properly that it just provides a whole new way to play. add that to the zeus armorset in new game + and there are tons of reasons for a 2nd and eve 3rd playthrough.

If you havent taken all the Valkyries down, do it. They're super tough, but worthwhile. Probably my favorite part of the game

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

As someone who likes classic JRPG's and has some tolerance for anime stuff the first game in the series Trails in the Sky which I discovered maybe 5 years ago on Steam (initially a PSP game) was my favourite JRPG since Suikoden II. Cold Steel III is the 8th game in the series and I managed to slog through it but yeah even though there's one more game that's where I got off, as the series started off with only minor anime influence there's been an ever increasing focus on stuff like anime boobs and the tired old power of friendship crap.

Kind of surprised there's people starting the series at Cold Steel 3 though. If you want to try the series Start with Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 which are older and will be much cheaper and are much better.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Nioh complete edition is free on Epic Games. If you've never played it, I definitely would check it out.

heatnikki

Dec 18, 2018
I'm into ricing online games right now, great way to kill time when I'm bored. I found hundreds of games here https://www.juegos.monster on every taste. I don't need to install them to play, that's convy. I like puzzle escape and mahjong the most.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Giving RDR2 a second chance after getting frustrated with it at launch. I think I was too shoehorned into trying to play it my way that the kinda slower nature of the character's movements really put me off.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00