Games you are currently playing - Part 7

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Just picked up Bloodborne yesterday for real cheap. Huge fan of Sekiro and the Souls games but never got around to Bloodborne. It’s punishing so far. Probably played 2 hours to make 15 minutes worth of progress.

Stick it out, it's well worth it.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Seems like it’s a Ubi-ripoff of BOTW
I bought it for the PC and the two share similar mechanics and gameplay but it does do something’s to establish its own identify. There’s character creation, a more action oriented combat system(weapons are not breakable here), and flight/glide mechanics. I’m having a good time with it. It looks great on my PC despite its modest specs(i5 4690k, 1070ti). I’m able to maintain above 60fps at 1440p with more or less everything maxed. Also yes, it’s full of dad jokes (Zeus mostly)

Other than that, I’ve been playing Audica on my Quest 2. Feels very best saber sequel but I knew that going in. Beat saber with guns and more varied mechanics is how I would describe it. Beat Saber borrows pretty heavily from Guitar Hero(who shares developer roots with Audica) so I guess it’s inevitable?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Tried the campaign of COD: BOCW.

It feels a little confused, like a jumbling of a spy game and a traditional COD game with some improvements carried over from Modern Warfare (but not across the board).

Such a strange entry. Like the puzzles, they aren't hard but require a little thought.

Last edited:

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Just 'beat' Hades (even though you don't really beat it). And it was fine? I think I just don't like the roguelike aspects of it. Having to do the early levels over and over again just bored me out. Fun gameplay and awesome art direction though. It was super short too, but I guess the point is the replay ability.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Almost finished with my 1st playthrough of Wasteland 3.

Never played a Wasteland? No worries. Played 1 and or 2 and loved them (especially 2) then you will find a lot to like here, occasional jank aside.

Great game easily worth playing through twice (I played through 2 back to back).

Reactions: Andrei79

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Just basically maxed all characters in FFX, taking a break from that to jump back into Old School RuneScape again.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Started playing Outer Wilds this week, really enjoying it so far (not to be confused with Outer Worlds).

Open world space exploration/mystery game, with some puzzles, where you're caught in a time loop and the sun goes supernova every 22 minutes. Leaving you back at the beginning with any knowledge you've gained from before to continue your investigation.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Started playing Outer Wilds this week, really enjoying it so far (not to be confused with Outer Worlds).

Open world space exploration/mystery game, with some puzzles, where you're caught in a time loop and the sun goes supernova every 22 minutes. Leaving you back at the beginning with any knowledge you've gained from before to continue your investigation.

I think this is one of the best games I've ever played. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Two Point Hospital, it brought me back to the old days for me when I used to play Theme Hospital. Quirky and if you are into Theme Park type of stuff it's pretty neat.

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Two Point Hospital, it brought me back to the old days for me when I used to play Theme Hospital. Quirky and if you are into Theme Park type of stuff it's pretty neat.

I've played this more in the last two years than any other game. I re-visit it at least every 6 months to play through the latest DLC. I finished the latest, Culture Shock, just last week. In fact, twice, I loaded it up with the intention to play only an hour or so to get my hospital to 1-star, but couldn't quit when I reached it and, when I finally got all 3 stars, was surprised to see that I'd been playing for 4 hours. Stupid addictive game... and I'm someone who hates hospitals.

Last edited:
Reactions: IamNotADancer

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I've been getting addicted to Death Stranding. The gameplay is pretty basic with it mostly being delivering packages. I keep building roads and mostly even use the truck too. I feel like I'm playing a stealth version of American Truck Simulator with a story. There's something oddly satisfying about building structures and knowing other people will make use of them too. I'm usually one to really ration equipment in any game and find a way to get around without using the equipment but now I'm putting equipment down without a second thought because I know it'll help other people too.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Really was demotivated for any gaming the last 3 weeks but recently just downloaded Ori - The blind forest.

Man, what an awesome game. The style, atmosphere, soundtrack, gameplay, difficulty. Everything feels right.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
Thank you. As with Sekiro, the difficulty and dying a lot is the addicting part so far. Each attempt I get better and better, it’s not a cheap difficulty (other than a few camera issues). Loving it so far

If you got through Sekiro you can get through BB. Sekiro on a 1st playthrough, imho, is From's most difficult game.

Once you learn the rhythm it becomes their easiest game. I got my ass handed to me for three hours a day for three days by the final boss. NG+ - NG+ 5 I died maybe once or twice to him.

Bloodborne on the other hand is a bit easier on your first trip, but in later cycles I find myself dying more than in Sekiro's.

Either way enjoy! I would kill to be able to play BB again for the first time.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
If you got through Sekiro you can get through BB. Sekiro on a 1st playthrough, imho, is From's most difficult game.

Once you learn the rhythm it becomes their easiest game. I got my ass handed to me for three hours a day for three days by the final boss. NG+ - NG+ 5 I died maybe once or twice to him.

Bloodborne on the other hand is a bit easier on your first trip, but in later cycles I find myself dying more than in Sekiro's.

Either way enjoy! I would kill to be able to play BB again for the first time.

I’m having an absolute blast with Bloodborne. My goal is platinum. Haven’t had a huge amount of time to play, I just beat Rom The Vacuous Spider and meandered a bit in the chalice dungeons. Sitting at level 60 right now. So far I haven’t had much problems with the bosses ( early I know) but I’m loving the combat and lore of the game so much, I won’t mind the struggle!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
How do people consider Far Cry 1 a good game? The enemies literally see you through walls from across the map. If I didn't buy it from the UPLAY store Id think I was playing some type of glitched anti-piracy honeypot version the devs uploaded to a torrent site

I actually had to clip this it was so ridiculous

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Maybe because other people didn't encounter such behavior often enough or let it bother them so much that they dismissed everything that was so good about the game. You're seemingly writing it off as a bad game because of one thing that really annoys you. If that's a deal breaker for you, that's understandable, but that makes it a game that you don't like, not necessarily a bad game. I don't like the Halo or Mass Effect games, myself, but it'd be unreasonable for me to call them bad games because of it when so many other people love the games.

I do remember Far Cry having some frustratingly superhuman AI at times, but there was also so much that was cool about the game that more than made up for it. Perhaps it's because you're playing it 17 years after it was released and everything cool about it (the vast world, the view distances, the vehicles and the many options to approach situations) has been copied and become standard, including in other Far Cry games. It probably doesn't feel special in 2021 like it did in 2004, so all that's standing out to you is how dated the AI is. That's understandable, but it's also too bad that you aren't able to appreciate what a great game it was in 2004 (even with a few flaws).

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Maybe because other people didn't encounter such behavior often enough or let it bother them so much that they dismissed everything that was so good about the game. You're seemingly writing it off as a bad game because of one thing that really annoys you. If that's a deal breaker for you, that's understandable, but that doesn't make it a bad game, just a game that you don't like. I don't like the Halo or Mass Effect games, myself, but it'd be unreasonable for me to call them bad games since so many other people adore them.

FWIW, I remember Far Cry occasionally having some frustrating superhuman AI, but there was also so much that was cool about the game that more than made up for it. Perhaps it's because you're playing it 17 years after it was released and everything cool about it (the vast world, the view distances, the vehicles and the many options to approach situations) has been copied and become standard, including in other Far Cry games. It probably doesn't feel special in 2021 like it did in 2004, so all that's standing out to you is how dated the AI is. That's understandable, but it's also too bad that you aren't able to appreciate what a great game it was in 2004 (even with a few flaws).
I can definitely appreciate what's good about it, but like you said, the AI is insanely dated and cheap.

I actually played the console reimagining of it (instincts) and really liked it, but looking back I know all the terrible things about it and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Playing Jedi: Fallen Order for the first time bc it’s made by the dudes who made Titan Fall 1 & 2. I was expecting the worst since it’s an EA game but I’m liking it a lot so far at “Jedi Master” difficulty.

I could never get into Dark Soul’s games so maybe this’ll be a good intro to the genre. Maybe I’ll finally play Sekiro afterwards too.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
You ever take so long looking at your games, that you just give up on playing something new.

So you go to Netflix and do the same thing. And you just end up playing something you always play....

I hate that.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
How do people consider Far Cry 1 a good game? The enemies literally see you through walls from across the map. If I didn't buy it from the UPLAY store Id think I was playing some type of glitched anti-piracy honeypot version the devs uploaded to a torrent site

I actually had to clip this it was so ridiculous

I don't remember anybody ever raving about the enemy AI in Far Cry.... though, I will say, your clip wasn't particularly ridiculous. You stepped out onto a dock, in the open, and guards in a look-out tower (that is, a tower literally designed to give guards a wide view of the area so as to protect it from intruders) shot at you. The great thing about Far Cry was you could have dove into the water and swam to safety, seamlessly.

Far Cry was lauded when it was released for the scale and fidelity of the environments, and the open-ended combat.

It's an old game. I could just as soon ask why people thought Ocarina of Time was such a great game with it's **** camera. You have to take the time it was released into account.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't think remember anybody ever raving about the enemy AI in Far Cry.... though, I will say, your clip wasn't particularly ridiculous. You stepped out onto a dock, in the open, and guards in a look-out tower (that is, a tower literally designed to give guards a wide view of the area so as to protect it from intruders) shot at you. The great thing about Far Cry was you could have dove into the water and swam to safety, seamlessly.

Far Cry was lauded when it was released for the scale and fidelity of the environments, and the open-ended combat.

It's an old game. I could just as soon ask why people thought Ocarina of Time was such a great game with it's **** camera. You have to take the time it was released into account.
That's one example. Though I don't agree that that's normal (I mean think about how far that person would be in real life, how would they know to shoot me on site?) I can show others where enemies literally detect you through walls and know exactly where you are. It gets really ridiculous. In fact I might clip those too when I get a chance.

I played Ocarina of Time on the 3DS recently and tbh, while it's a slight remaster, it's not aged at all. The camera works perfectly for the game.

I'm sure I'm being overnegative, I've been watching some playthroughs and apparently you're supposed to use the foliage as cover? I know in modern games enemies see and shoot right through foliage so maybe I'm taking the wrong approach.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Respawn times in Jedi: Fallen Order are a f***ing killer, man. I love the combat but going up against tough enemies and having to do it over and over again suuuuucks when it takes 52 seconds (I timed it) to get back into the game.

Not sure if it’s my internet connection or that I’m playing on an X1 but it takes all the flow out of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad