Games and Puzzles thread - Devils trivia and beyond

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Who Am I?

1. My career has been interrupted by two lockouts
2. I have played for seven professional teams.
3. In my entire professional career, I've only played in the playoffs three different seasons.
4. I played for this team that an ex-Devils coach now is involved in.
5. An ex-Devil was drafted in both the round before and after me.
6. I was drafted in the same round as a current captain.

I will leave it at that. This is pretty hard, but see if you can get it before looking it up, because one clue obviously gives you a 1/30 chance of getting it right. :laugh:

I forgot to add this. By Devils coach, I'm not talking only about head coaches. If you look at some of the clues the right way, then you should be able to get it, or at least have an idea. The amount of first round picks that are captains is a lot more then I thought.

Last edited:

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Who Am I?

1. My career has been interrupted by two lockouts CHECK
2. I have played for seven professional teams. CHECK
3. In my entire professional career, I've only played in the playoffs three different seasons. CHECK
4. I played for this team that an ex-Devils coach now is involved in.
5. An ex-Devil was drafted in both the round before and after me. KAREL RACHUNEK AFTER, MIKE MOTTAU BEFORE (1997)
6. I was drafted in the same round as a current captain. ANDREW FERENCE(Round 8,1997)

I wanna say its Clemmensen, but I'm not sure about the 4th clue

Last edited:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Who Am I?

1. I never played a full NHL season.
2. In each year I played for the Devils, I also split time in the AHL.
3. I am still an active player in my native league.
4. I have played professional hockey in six countries, I am counting the NHL as one country, not two with Canada/USA, so six leagues based in six different countries.
5. I was teammates with Jagr one year.
6. I was the highest scoring Devils draft pick the year I was picked, it's not saying much, but it's true.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Who Am I?

1. I never played a full NHL season. CHECK
2. In each year I played for the Devils, I also split time in the AHL. CHECK
3. I am still an active player in my native league. HC Kosice, Slovakia
4. I have played professional hockey in six countries, I am counting the NHL as one country, not two with Canada/USA, so six leagues based in six different countries. AHL/NHL, Sweden, Finland, Slovakia, Czech, Swiss)
5. I was teammates with Jagr one year. 2012-13 Kladno
6. I was the highest scoring Devils draft pick the year I was picked, it's not saying much, but it's true. 13 points (1997)

Jiri Bicek

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Who am I?

1. Was a standout in the WHL.
2. Former high first round pick.
3. I played a forward position.
4. My career ended in New Jersey.
5. Career high in goals of 11.
6. My time in New Jersey was brief, however every time I stepped on the ice it was entertaining, especially our the announcer at the time.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Who am I?

6. My time in New Jersey was brief, however every time I stepped on the ice it was entertaining, especially our the announcer at the time.

I figured it out, I'll see if anyone else gets it.

At first the last clue threw me off but then when I figured it out I had a good laugh.

I also figured out the next two players I will be doing.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Who am I?

Steve Bernier??? Oh year, he's hasn't left yet and played in the Q:rant:

Jason Wiemer

1. 96pts for the Portland Winterhawks in 93-94
2. Drafted 8th overall by Tampa that year
3. Played center
4. Played 16 games in 05-06
5. Scored 11 in 99-00 and 01-02 for Calgary and Florida
6. WIENER!!!! Although I don't remember the announcers (though I can imagine Chico) flubbing his name. Somebody have a link?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
That's who I had, and I'm guessing Koho will confirm it but that is right.

Who Am I?

1. I was a captain last year.
2. My only goal as a Devil was pretty special.
3. I did not sign with the Devils.
4. I was not drafted by the Devils.
5. The Devils were my shortest stint with an NHL team.
6. I've been to two Cup finals, once as a captain and lost both times (Well, since I worded it this way, he technically made a "Cup" final three times, losing all three).
7. I was drafted 18 picks ahead of an NJ native, who I was also teammates with during the lockout.

For the NJ native, I've always heard he's from NJ but I guess he wasn't born in NJ. Whatever, most will familiarize him with New Jersey anyways.

The amount of clues makes this one easy to look up, but I'm curious to see if anyone gets it off the top of their head.

Last edited:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012

Who Am I?

6. I've been to two Cup finals, once as a captain and lost both times.
7. I was drafted 18 picks ahead of an NJ native, who I was also teammates with during the lockout.

For the NJ native, I've always heard he's from NJ but I guess he wasn't born in NJ. Whatever, most will familiarize him with New Jersey anyways.

The amount of clues makes this one easy to look up, but I'm curious to see if anyone gets it off the top of their head.

I looked it up but probably could have got it from clue number 2. One of the funniest goals ever.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
This is one I thought I'd be able to easily research and yet I'm still stumped. :laugh:. Something must be throwing me off. I have one guess, but don't think it's right.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'll give a clue.

8) We could have really used his "unique skill", especially this season.

I don't know if you've noticed but I always add in there little fun facts like the 6 and 7th one, even though I highly doubt anyone will ever get them. It's more or less to make sure there is no repeats, but sometimes I see these and I find them interesting.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Steve Bernier??? Oh year, he's hasn't left yet and played in the Q:rant:

Jason Wiemer

1. 96pts for the Portland Winterhawks in 93-94
2. Drafted 8th overall by Tampa that year
3. Played center
4. Played 16 games in 05-06
5. Scored 11 in 99-00 and 01-02 for Calgary and Florida
6. WIENER!!!! Although I don't remember the announcers (though I can imagine Chico) flubbing his name. Somebody have a link?

Good job.

Wiemer was part of a line dubbed the "Dobermans", alongside Erik Rasmussen and Cam Janssen. Mike Emrick took great joy every time they stepped on the ice.

Last edited:

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA

Who Am I?

6. I've been to two Cup finals, once as a captain and lost both times (Well, since I worded it this way, he technically made a "Cup" final three times, losing all three).

I'm pretty stumped on this. I even went through all the players who have one goal in both the regular season and playoffs.

In regards to #2, was this goal within the last 15 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad