GDT: Game2 - Avs vs Flames part deux More Fire and Brimstone| 8:30 PM MT | NBCSN,CBC,TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Their first line outplayed ours by a big margin

Good that Johnny got to chase his `100 point.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
On the winner? That’s not on Andersson at all. That’s a Backlund issue 110%.

The replay shows it clear as day, we have 3 back below their guys, Andersson played that well, Backlund just looked like he had no clue Nate got behind him.

It's on both. On paper that's how our system plays that situation with Backlund needing to backcheck better - but there are times and opponents where you need to abandon your system and focus on being defensively solid. Andersson was too rigidly attached to the system and didn't realize that systems can't always stop a guy like MacKinnon especially if Backlund has lost his positioning due to the offensive chance at the other end. In this case Andersson made a bad read because Nathan MacKinnon was the most dangerous player on the ice and he let MacKinnon behind him.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Flames need some speed. Time for C and K to get into the lineup?
Kylington would get brutalized in the playoffs. Czarnik, I don’t know. He’s small and very streaky. I have my doubts he’d be effective in a heavy, physical game.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Thing with Neal is, he is on massive bucks, he needs to change his attitude right now or alternatively donate a big chunk of his incomes to the local charities or people in need. I would take that approach from him and respect the fact that his physical attributes are not on the same level any more and view it as his acceptance.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Think I called him out in game 8 of the regular season. My view has not changed, more Czarnik please

I gave him a chance again near the end of the year when he actually looked serviceable. Can’t believe I fell into that trap, guy is just a jabroni and has been all year.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Kylington would get brutalized in the playoffs. Czarnik, I don’t know. He’s small and very streaky. I have my doubts he’d be effective in a heavy, physical game.

Neal was so bad...put Dube in then

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
So you would keep the current line up, is that what you are saying?. Personally, I wouldn't be so patient. Time zone at this stage is too small.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I would take Neal out and give Czarnik a chance. Brodie makes a play that makes you go "holy shit Brodie is smart and a slick skater but on the next shift, he just f***s up.

The biggest problem with the team, is that is does not have a big time game breaker(someone like MacKinnon, that f***er), in OT and on the PP, we had no one that could take over and pot one.

Re-group and get ready for Colorado, practice the PP because it is not working and we had a chance to win it.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Best of 5 w the avs the top seed. Man. Rough one to lose. We deserved it, but also had the lead at home w under 3 minutes to play. So it's classified under C for choke.
Just disappointed we were outworked really. With the last change in Colorado I expect MacKinnon to have over 6.5 blow-by's a game.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
It's on both. On paper that's how our system plays that situation with Backlund needing to backcheck better - but there are times and opponents where you need to abandon your system and focus on being defensively solid. Andersson was too rigidly attached to the system and didn't realize that systems can't always stop a guy like MacKinnon especially if Backlund has lost his positioning due to the offensive chance at the other end. In this case Andersson made a bad read because Nathan MacKinnon was the most dangerous player on the ice and he let MacKinnon behind him.
Yeah, I just watched it again a few times, definitely going to have to disagree.

There’s two possible ways to play that, and neither involves Andersson altering what he did. Either Giordano has to slide over to take MacKinnon streaking through the middle and Backlund takes the far side guy, or Backlund plays MacKinnon driving through the middle and Giordano stays where he is to take away the far side. I see I definitive lack of communication between those two.

Either way, it’s a 3 on 3 and there’s no reason for Andersson to play that any differently. We have all 3 guys below their 3 guys. There’s quite literally no reason for Anderssonto not play tight on the puck carrier there and maintain his gap. Backlund just lost his man for a split second and it cost us the game.

Reactions: lightstorm

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Brodie was HOT SWEET GARBAGE tonight. And time to get Fantenberg out imo. He’s not fast enough and I have zero confidence in his puck handling abilities right now. Smith standing on his head was the only reason we were in the damn game

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Relax guys. We probably split in Colorado and win game 5. Then bring it home in Colorado. No one said it was gonna be easy.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
So you would keep the current line up, is that what you are saying?. Personally, I wouldn't be so patient. Time zone at this stage is too small.
I would, they got us here. We didn’t have one forward that I’d put in the top 5 on the ice tonight. If we don’t skate, we won’t win. You could tell from the puck drop that the Avs wanted it way more.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Avs fan coming in peace. Has this PO series met your expectations?
No f***in. it hasn't. We can play 10 time better and if tonight's was your A game then I know if we switch, we will roll you over in the next 3 games. How about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad