GDT: Game XX Pens vs Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Keep waiting for Graves to show me he is not as bad as he's played since coming to Pittsburg ........ still waiting

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Shea-Ludvig have more puck poise than Graves lol
Graves was paired with Marino and did well, I don't think he's in the right pairing to be honest. If we had a solid RHD that was more like Marino (lol, imagine that) I think he'd do well. Essentially the way the Pens are using Shea-Ludvig is how Graves was used in NJ but with more responsibility with the defensive side of the game.

Now he's being shoehorned into Dumoulin's role, that just isn't the way he will thrive here. Kind of sucks to see because I don't think Graves sucks at all.

Graves wasn't amazing with Hamilton, etc. He was with Marino. Yet here we are...

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
You might as well put a baby giraffe in front of the net than Z. Of the things he can do well, being in front of the net is not one of them.

Carter was also supposed to be the net front guy in Geno’s 2PP but spent more time on the halfwall for some reason. Guessing he’s too old for that ****.

then put accari in front. put eller out there. put doc out there idc. jake doesn't have a role on the PP and hes killing it.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
They tried Big Z and Carter out front. It was for only 1 or 2 games, but it didn't work either so they reverted back to what doesn't work again....lol

Ya but they still left jake out there floating around doing nothing. They are telling the players to move around everywhere and mixed up things. it just looks like a mess. You dont need that much movement lol

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Graves was paired with Marino and did well, I don't think he's in the right pairing to be honest. If we had a solid RHD that was more like Marino (lol, imagine that) I think he'd do well. Essentially the way the Pens are using Shea-Ludvig is how Graves was used in NJ but with more responsibility with the defensive side of the game.

Now he's being shoehorned into Dumoulin's role, that just isn't the way he will thrive here. Kind of sucks to see because I don't think Graves sucks at all.

Graves wasn't amazing with Hamilton, etc. He was with Marino. Yet here we are...
I dint either ...... but he convincing ne other wise

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

He has decent physical ability (size/speed) but makes really stupid decisions and is kind of slow with the decision making. Bad recipe for turnovers.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
i'll put some of that blame on geno. he wanted to use horny as a shooter more than a net front guy.
I think Geno has been so frustrated at never having anyone capable of putting the puck in his wheel house when Sarge left that he's mostly just there at this point to be a decoy, Geno is useful when he's that 2nd threat bomb from the higher slot, but when this PP doesn't have that bomb and no one can put it in his wheelhouse, Malkin is literally just there because of his status.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Honestly at this point I would just tell the 2nd PP unit to go out there and make up their own play, I bet they'd do a better job than Sully and Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad