GDT: Game XIV Pens vs Jackets: Were going streaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Jonathan Gruden’s been recalled from Wilkes-Barre. No corresponding move yet, though it’s possible Jeff Carter, who was held out of practice yesterday in Cranberry, could go to IR. Both are participating in the optional morning skate at Nationwide Arena.

UPDATE: Yep. Gruden was recalled to be an emergency forward because of Carter’s unavailability, Mike Sullivan confirmed. Whatever. Neither’s going to play. Lineup will stay the same.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
All games for us are must wins at this point lol

We're back at the point where playing .600 hockey is probably good enough. Not that it's beneficial to the team in the long run but we don't have to play like wagons either. Would still like a serviceable backup and some tinkering in the lineup for some more offense though.

East is full of paper tigers just like the rest of the league. I'd say Vegas has been the only really strong contender despite the hype for teams like the Oilers and Stars of late. I see nothing special from those teams in the NY/NJ area.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
We're back at the point where playing .600 hockey is probably good enough. Not that it's beneficial to the team in the long run but we don't have to play like wagons either. Would still like a serviceable backup and some tinkering in the lineup for some more offense though.

East is full of paper tigers just like the rest of the league. I'd say Vegas has been the only really strong contender despite the hype for teams like the Oilers and Stars of late. I see nothing special from those teams in the NY/NJ area.
Devils were doing well until Jack Hughes went down. Though I guess it doesn’t bode well for them if their best player goes down and they have a big drop.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Devils were doing well until Jack Hughes went down. Though I guess it doesn’t bode well for them if their best player goes down and they have a big drop.
Hughes is going to be conveniently back just in time to play the Pens…you think I’m joking but it’s true…not playing tonight but Ruff said may be available Thursday…NH also missing and he’s been a beast against the Pens

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

The youths always seem to do well early on - before the late season pace dies off, defenders are in top form, goalies are at their best, and the whistles sound fewer. Team looks ripe to continue getting pushed around - but yeah we'll see. I liked them last year.

Their best shot would be playing the Metro route. I think any of the clubs in the Atlantic would outmatch them.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
THE STEAK...!

t1rdesA.gif

Sideline

May 23, 2004
We need UPMC to send a second opinion on Big Jeff Carter. Get it on the record that this "nagging injury" will never go away so he can gracefully walk away to LTIRetirement.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad