• Blip in the tank season

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
No offense but I wonder if I'm watching the same Malkin that you are. Dude is flying out there. His skating looks terrific.

He's not what he once was speed-wise but it's far from a concern for me.

You aren't wrong. His skating is much more "crisp." Way better on his edges... better start/stop... can switch directions much faster. I guess I just meant he doesn't have that "burst" he used to back when he could switch to that last gear and blow past guys. But it's no big... like I said his game isn't completely fed by skating fast anyway and for a guy his size the fact that he had that extra gear at all most of his career was a nice bonus.

Reactions: Pancakes

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Maybe this is me being high on copium, but I truly believe if we were over 500 right now (if that losing streak continued) Dubas would have forcefully changed the lineup (one way or another)

No I think you're right.

Dubas even said he took responsibility for the bottom six earlier this year when members of the media were talking about it's poor start. So he doesn't seem like the type to just sit on his hands and shrug it away.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I’m not an X’s and O’s guy but it seems pretty obvious we’ve made some changes that allow this roster to succeed in its current state. If Sullivan has realized we don’t have the speed advantage anymore, that’s huge.

I’ve been for breaking up GCR to get 71 some help for years. But with Smith and EK here, it’s less of an issue. GCR are starting to really gel, so I get not wanting to break them up yet to get Rak going.

I still think a different type of player in the top 6 is gonna be needed at some point. Cap space is gonna make that very difficult, and lack of assets will make bringing in another high end player virtually impossible. But I hope management still pushes to find a way.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I’m not an X’s and O’s guy but it seems pretty obvious we’ve made some changes that allow this roster to succeed in its current state. If Sullivan has realized we don’t have the speed advantage anymore, that’s huge.

I’ve been for breaking up GCR to get 71 some help for years. But with Smith and EK here, it’s less of an issue. GCR are starting to really gel, so I get not wanting to break them up yet to get Rak going.

I still think a different type of player in the top 6 is gonna be needed at some point. Cap space is gonna make that very difficult, and lack of assets will make bringing in another high end player virtually impossible. But I hope management still pushes to find a way.

My main two asks are a shooter in the bottom six and a defensive match up RHD.

Kubalik and DeMelo make the most sense to me.

Reactions: mpp9

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
My main two asks are a shooter in the bottom six and a defensive match up RHD.

Kubalik and DeMelo make the most sense to me.
better yet, let's just go all-in on only having 4 Dmen and just trade everyone else. Think of the cap space we'll have

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
1000004388.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Sorry

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Jarry had a great game, can he keep it up?
There where moments in this game where we can see exactly what this team is capable of. If this lineup can be healthy going into the playoffs and our goaltending doesn't let us down we have a punchers chance.

I want to be wrong, but Jarry has yet to prove he can be anything more then just streaky, but... If he can be streaky good when the pressure is on (playoffs) then, well ok.

Wow Karlsson is just all that. and Geno looks like he did against carolina, please stay healthy geno (er everyone).

Trying to temper expectations but this team sure seems like when they have competent goaltending they are scary.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Jarry had a great game, can he keep it up?

I want to be wrong, but Jarry has yet to prove he can be anything more then just streaky, but... If he can be streaky good when the pressure is on (playoffs) then, well ok.

1. He won't.

2. He will be Injarry again when the games matter. He'll also be an Injury away from his greatest trick: Dissappearing into the net, reappearing out of no where in the off-season.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
It it just me seeing this?
That a happy smiling Malkin has a better beast mode, than angry Malkin?

Angry Malkin just wants to run through everybody.
Happy Malkin just want to finesse through everybody.

Makes me think of the Monsters movie....
Smiling kids generate much more energy than scared kids. Maybe we had it wrong all this time! :D

My take...
- Geno..what can I say. He must have had a stem cell injection or something. Looked 10 years younger out there!
- EK..what can I say. Guy is a gamer! So glad we got him.
- Jarry...good game. I'm just hoping he doesn't turn into a Pumpkin come January.
- GCR - nice!
- Rakell/Smith...a bit of meh, but honestly, I feel for Rakell. He just needs to get one to unblock him.
- 3rd line? Did what they were supposed to do. Play sound D, and get some chances.
- 4th line? They were a bit meh, but didn't cost us, so it's all good.

Overall..
It's good to see the team come together like that and play a complete game. I don't think there were any long stretches where we were in this "oh no...I see this going sideways". To be fair, Buffalo didn't really look that good out there. They didn't seem "hard to play against". We had a lot of freewheeling going on in their zone.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Locking this one up since its been 2 days since the game. New GDT will be up some point in the future when I get around to it. Or someone else could volunteer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad