GDT: Game XII 2230hrs EST Pens vs Kings: Who shall wear the crown?

Which is better?

• Emperor Penguins

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • A random king because some watery tart threw him a sword

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hopefully Carter has a great game and the Kings get snookered into making a deal for him. One can dream.

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This is from a poster on another site…depressing…

“From Elliott Friedman today...

In the salary cap era, and only counting 82 game seasons, there have been 66 teams that were 4 points out of a playoff spot on November 1st. Of those 66 teams, only 9 (14%) have made the playoffs.

The games in October mean much, much more than some people think.”
Can't argue with numbers....

They don't argue back. :wg:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Jeff Carter is in lol.
Joke move from a joke of a coach.

Loss incoming... but hey, the guy got to play for a few minutes against his old team. I mean... what else is more important at this point being dead last in the metro.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014

In the salary cap era, and only counting 82 game seasons, there have been 66 teams that were 4 points out of a playoff spot on November 1st. Of those 66 teams, only 9 (14%) have made the playoffs.

Toronto is in second WC position with 14, we have 10, so we good. oh wait its already 11/09, nm.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't know that this team's truly gonna be out of it for a while, if they ever are. We all predicted they'd be hovering around a WC spot, and despite what the standing show, they're 4pts back with games in hand. /shrug

It is what it is. This team's just aggressively mediocre. It's gonna be a fight all season unless the wheels really come off for like a 7-10 game skid or something like that.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Toronto is in second WC position with 14, we have 10, so we good. oh wait its already 11/09, nm.
I wonder about the validity of that date recently, because the season has started later than it used to.

Pens started on Oct. 10 this year, Oct. 13 last year, and Oct. 12 the year prior.

But in 2019, they started Oct. 3. In 2017 and 2018, it was Oct. 4.

The last three years have been the latest start to the season in over a decade, excluding the January start due to COVID.

It's a difference of a week or about 2-3 games, which could be 4-6 points and a significant difference statistically.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
Hopefully Carter has a great game and the Kings get snookered into making a deal for him. One can dream.
No, hopefully he has a terrible game or else he'll play more undeserved games. 4th line scores tonight and we get Carter for another 10 gm stretch.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Pretty sure the 2015-16 Penguins were out of the playoffs in December. St. Louis was in last place at one point in 2019. While I get the percentages are not great, let's not act like it would be some miracle for them to make it. All it takes it one streak. Last year, they went on TWO major benders and missed by one point.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
big dream. LA biggest area of depth is forward group.

Joke move from a joke of a coach.

Loss incoming... but hey, the guy got to play for a few minutes against his old team. I mean... what else is more important at this point being dead last in the metro.
Honest question, what else can the coach do? Seems like he has to be in due to cap. I imagine if it were up to the coach he would send Carter down not Hinostroza, but Carter has a NMC.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDo

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Honest question, what else can the coach do? Seems like he has to be in due to cap. I imagine if it were up to the coach he would send Carter down not Hinostroza, but Carter has a NMC.
The cap? Pfft. It's because Sullivan drinks paint. Get out of here with the "cap."

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
What the f*** did Hinostroza do to get sent down & if Pens lose it won't be because of Carter FFS

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's a good thing Hextall handed Carter that second year with a NMC, instead of taking it one year at a time with a dude who was playing at an unsustainable level after years of dogshit play in LA.

Genuine question to those more concerned with and knowledgeable about cap stuff; Is there a reason Carter is back in and Hinostroza was sent down? Or is this just another case of Sullivan just felt like it?

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
It's a good thing Hextall handed Carter that second year with a NMC, instead of taking it one year at a time with a dude who was playing at an unsustainable level after years of dogshit play in LA.

Genuine question to those more concerned with and knowledgeable about cap stuff; Is there a reason Carter is back in and Hinostroza was sent down? Or is this just another case of Sullivan just felt like it?
Thanks to NMC only one of them can be sent down.

They need the cap space for Blomqvist.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What the f*** did Hinostroza do to get sent down & if Pens lose it won't be because of Carter FFS
LA is awesome so if we lose it's because LA is a better team, although we can shut them down like we have other teams if we feel like it. If we play like ass all game it's because the team plays how they feel.

edit- Oh, you said it WONT be because of Carter...I agree with that.

Thanks to NMC only one of them can be sent down.

They need the cap space for Blomqvist.
I hope he gets a chance to play atleast 1 game.

Reactions: Josey Wales

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014

Jarry’s not on LTIR. Difference in CAP between Ludvig and Blomqvist is more space than we have. So, someone has to be waived. Carter can’t be waived.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Beating a good team for the third W in a row could be a huge boost.

I am predicting... an L.

However, Rakell will score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad