GDT: Game XII 2230hrs EST Pens vs Kings: Who shall wear the crown?

Which is better?

• Emperor Penguins

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • A random king because some watery tart threw him a sword

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

200w.gif

200w.gif

penguins-pittsburgh-penguins.gif

giphy.gif

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Haven't seen much because west coast and all, but in as far as I can tell the Kings have been GOOD good, and not just "early season small sample" good. It looks like our combo in net will be Hellberg/Blomqvist so....y'know... buckle up and all that.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

Haven't seen much because west coast and all, but in as far as I can tell the Kings have been GOOD good, and not just "early season small sample" good. It looks like our combo in net will be Hellberg/Blomqvist so....y'know... buckle up and all that.

Cam Talbot played last night (4-1 W over 1st place VGK) so we're probably seeing Pheonix Copley.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hopefully they asked Blomqvist to get on a plane yesterday and didn't just inform him of this today.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm curious to see if Blomqvist gets any games in. It's not unheard of for a team to leave their top goalie option in the AHL if he's a young guy and the call up is just being brought in to sit on the bench and fill a net in practice. If Jarry is going to be out for a while then the available minutes is a very different situation.

If ever there was a time for the Penguins to hit on a second rounder it would be now with their goalie situation.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Assume they ride the hot hand with Hellberg but agree it would be nice to see Blomqvist get a start at some point

Reactions: Sideline

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Cam Talbot played last night (4-1 W over 1st place VGK) so we're probably seeing Pheonix Copley.

I refuse to believe someone named "Pheonix Copley" is a backup NHL netminder and not, in fact, a gung-ho F-16 pilot in some masculinity-fueled television show from 1986. He does NOT work well with authority but get to know him and you'll find he has a heart of gold.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I refuse to believe someone named "Pheonix Copley" is a backup NHL netminder and not, in fact, a gung-ho F-16 pilot in some masculinity-fueled television show from 1986. He does NOT work well with authority but get to know him and you'll find he has a heart of gold.

I bet he likes to play by his own rules!

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Ludvig to LTIR did not clear enough cap for Blomqvist to come up so they had to send down someone who didn't require waivers. Thus, arrivederci Vinnie. Carter cannot be the sacrifice for 1,523 reasosn which have been documented ad nauseum.

I get it, it's certainly very Mike Sullivan to make this move just for the move's sake but I don't think that's the case here. Any argument as to Sully's part in getting the Pens to this point in the first place are, however, valid.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Could be cap related if they have to bring up Blomqvist....

Either way, I expect a loss now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ludvig to LTIR did not clear enough cap for Blomqvist to come up so they had to send down someone who didn't require waivers. Thus, arrivederci Vinnie. Carter cannot be the sacrifice for 1,523 reasosn which have been documented ad nauseum.

I get it, it's certainly very Mike Sullivan to make this move just for the move's sake but I don't think that's the case here. Any argument as to Sully's part in getting the Pens to this point in the first place are, however, valid.
Well they could waive Ruh. He'd probably get claimed but who cares they have POJ and Shea who can both come in and play

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is from a poster on another site…depressing…

“From Elliott Friedman today...

In the salary cap era, and only counting 82 game seasons, there have been 66 teams that were 4 points out of a playoff spot on November 1st. Of those 66 teams, only 9 (14%) have made the playoffs.

The games in October mean much, much more than some people think.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad