GDT: Game XII 2230hrs EST Pens vs Kings: Who shall wear the crown?

Which is better?

• Emperor Penguins

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • A random king because some watery tart threw him a sword

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
This is from a poster on another site…depressing…

“From Elliott Friedman today...

In the salary cap era, and only counting 82 game seasons, there have been 66 teams that were 4 points out of a playoff spot on November 1st. Of those 66 teams, only 9 (14%) have made the playoffs.

The games in October mean much, much more than some people think.”

I think this is a couple years old.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Pens outscored 12-2 the last two years in LA and haven’t won at Staples or whatever it’s called now since 2018, no disrespect to Gurgleson…not to mention, the Kings are way better and more talented than the Pens…their two losses were the first two games of the season…haven’t loss in regulation since…

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's definitely a climb for us. But if the Penguins adjust and play the game like they did against the Ducks, I think we can gain some space in the division. We have the benefit of New Jersey, NYR, and others also having significant injuries.
We’ll see if the team really wants to play that way the next few games…

yeah, everyone goes to the beach or Universal , and the game is secondary lol

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sure glad they gave Mr glass a 5 year contract
The dude took a puck to the face while shutting the other team out.

I hate the contract myself, like 110%, but be reasonable, lol.

I'm going and I haven't seen the Penguins lose since like 2016.
Was it that LA game where they fire Johnston afterwards? Think you could keep that streak alive, if so?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
VcjztYj.gif

9bdXYNS.gif

0Fj8uca.gif

FLUWZUU.gif

gHcGctD.gif

M8gbVFa.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TNT87

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's definitely a climb for us. But if the Penguins adjust and play the game like they did against the Ducks, I think we can gain some space in the division. We have the benefit of New Jersey, NYR, and others also having significant injuries.
1699559571775.png

He's gonna save the season, bud. :laugh: :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeygod66

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Hinostroza went down solely because they needed to call up Blomqvist with Jarry's injury.
Yep, and for those curious, the major issue is because Blomqvist has a higher cap hit. Prior to today's moves, the Pens had $90,000 in cap space per capfriendly.

They put Ludvig and his $775,000 cap hit on LTIR, technically giving them $865,000 in cap space, but Blomqvist's cap hit is $886,667.

It's a lot more complicated than that with daily cap hits and the exact amount of LTIR space, but that's the easy way to to look at it.

If Jarry is only out a few days, they'll be fine with Carter back in the lineup for 2-3 games.

EDIT - And it sounds like Jarry definitely won't be out long unless concussion symptoms creep in.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Sounds like good news on Jarry

"Mike Sullivan says the testing came back positive for Tristan Jarry, the only issue is that his eye is closed from the swelling and he has limited vision. So they’re hoping once the swelling goes down, he’ll be OK.

Magnus Hellberg starts tonight regardless."

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Carts... gotta love how hockey nicknames are as imaginative as Sully's interview responses.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Should be some goals tonight with both Hellberg and Copley in net.

Hopefully we score more especially with LAK off a b2b

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
This is from a poster on another site…depressing…

“From Elliott Friedman today...

In the salary cap era, and only counting 82 game seasons, there have been 66 teams that were 4 points out of a playoff spot on November 1st. Of those 66 teams, only 9 (14%) have made the playoffs.

The games in October mean much, much more than some people think.”
He clearly doesn't read our October PGTs because I've been led to believe that the points in OCT don't matter.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad