GDT: Game XI Pens vs Quacks 2200hrs EST: Round II of duck hunt'n

Carter will be back after:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I don't think all that particularly high of POJ at this point but I find it absolutely bizarre that people on here act like he's nothing while Friedman is some notable loss. Although this place worshipped Riikola as well and he's basically the same player as Friedman, so I shouldn't be surprised.

All of these defensemen (meaning Friedman, Shea, Ruhwedel, POJ, Smith and such) are all basically the same: depth defensemen who shouldn't be playing more than bottom pair minutes.

I haven't seen the same horrid decision making from Shea...yet. Agree with the overall premise and the take on a cheap third pairing. I think that's why it's crucial you leave flexibility in your bottom 6 and bottom pairing by NOT locking down term contracts there. If someone like POJ ain't working out, call up or trade for the next. With as much offensive potency that you have in Letang/EK - PLUS how many minutes they eat, I don't know why we can't go out and get some knuckle dragging 3RD to play 12 minutes a night and get grimy when we need it. The literal soft-ass Ruh/POJs of the world irk me in that role. Friedman was the toughest Penguin of the last few years and that's utterly sad.

For whatever reason POJ went from the darling who actually looked okay last year in a couple shifts to just....AHL caliber failing to clear, passing directly to the other team, and having no ice awareness at all in the offensive zone.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
LOL POJ out

1699410888246.png

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I'm a night shift guy so these games are awesome
Back in the 70s and 80s, you'd be statistically more likely to be a serial killer than the general population. Now, you're just more likely to be in poorer health. Hope you're neither.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
38 :laugh: I love trashing on Carter for being ancient while being his age.

Age really is just a number.

Carter looks like he puts in some work - just not NEARLY enough to remain competitive at 38 (nor did he adjust anything about his game over the years..not to adapt well enough to that bottom 6 role).

Not that he's some hidden source of wisdom - but you look at someone like Mike Tyson and how he takes care of himself after some harsh, harsh mileage - and how he talks about what food does for him anymore versus just eating. Hulk Hogan is 70 years old...... 70. Like, wtf.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
God Sullivan…just let him play thru it…POJ ain’t gonna be reason this team loses tonight lol…
I think the odds are pretty good that POJ's just as meh as any of Ruhwedel, Ludvig, Shea, etc. but if the team's throwing in the towel on the guy (which I'm not against), they gotta play him to showcase him in order to see if there's a deal out there where you swap similarly stagnated, younger players. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
They gotta study Ruhwedel to see if he has some kinda telepathy or something. No way the dude should've been able to carve out a like 12 year NHL career with over 370 games (by the time this season's done).

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
OMG shoot me now…don’t get to your game! Your game sucks in the third period and you’re not hard to play against. Youre very easy to get right thru the NZ on and you play with no structure when you’re leading…

From Taylor…
“The Ducks set an NHL record for the fewest games to rack up five third-period comebacks, at 11 games. They're coming off a 4-2 win over the Golden Knights, a game in which they trailed 2-0 heading into the third.

I asked Mike Sullivan before the game what they need to do to avoid the same fate if they find themselves leading at second intermission.

"Well, if we're in that position, we've got to continue to do things that have got us there," Sullivan said. "I think that's an important aspect of winning and closing out games. We've got to force teams to play 200 feet, we got to be a hard team to play against. That's an important aspect of closing out games."

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
What's the difference who plays with Shea?

Unfortunately with Ludvig still out ONE of Ruh or POJ has to be in. Their suckitude is interchangeable.
POJ is 24 and he has the chance to still grow into something. He just played in his 100th game. It takes game experience for defensemen to really find themselves.

Ruhwedel is 33. He's probably not all that far from being out of the league.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Last game I went to live was in Anaheim right before Covid shut everything down. Mike Sullivan hockey was even worse in person. I wouldnt go tonight for free.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Dan did this shit before he was canned too. Went back to a losing lineup after a good game and promptly started to lose and then lost his job. These f***ing guys and their 90's egos cant help themselves from sabotaging themselves lol. (I'm a 90's guy so don't hate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad