disney-donald-duck.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
This 4th line needs to be like that annoying Isles 4th line from a couple of years ago and be so good that Grandpa Carter stays in the pressbox where he belongs.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I dunno. I'm not trying to be overly-mean to the guy but I don't know that they let BigJeff play just because it's likely his last game in LA. He's not some storied player from the pages of hockey legend... despite what the team, coaching staff and lots of fans have said over the years. He's Jeff Carter.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I dunno. I'm not trying to be overly-mean to the guy but I don't know that they let BigJeff play just because it's likely his last game in LA. He's not some storied player from the pages of hockey legend... despite what the team, coaching staff and lots of fans have said over the years. He's Jeff Carter.
He’s 100% playing and then Sully will probably see something he likes and he’ll play another 3 months.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He’s 100% playing and then Sully will probably see something he likes and he’ll play another 3 months.

I guess it wouldn't surprise me. It'd be a nice gesture I suppose... all those years in LA etc. But not really a smart move for a team desperate for wins considering that line looked a lot better without him. Though it's tough to tell considering the Nailers could probably beat the Sharks. Guess we'll see how they look again, tonight to get a better idea.

EDIT: lol right on cue:

I like how the byline is "the Penguins might not have gotten the best of him but..." despite the fact that they shoehorned the guy into the lineup even though it arguably cost them games almost all of last season even after it was clear he was cooked.

Last edited:
Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I would like to see the Pens bring the same structure, adjustments and commitment to this game, and the next game against the Kings, that they brought to stifling the Avs…but then again, I’m just dreaming this team and coaching staff has it in them lol…

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I'll be watching the highlights of this game tomorrow morning. This team doesn't deserve to take my sleep at this moment.

Reactions: farscape1

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
On a well run team, Jeff Carter doesn't see the ice again. You call up White, Poulin, Puustinen, or whichever WBS kid has the hot hand at the moment.

Glad he's out of the lineup but there's a certain stress that comes knowing that he could be back for nearly any reason.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
On a well run team, Jeff Carter doesn't see the ice again. You call up White, Poulin, Puustinen, or whichever WBS kid has the hot hand at the moment.

Glad he's out of the lineup but there's a certain stress that comes knowing that he could be back for nearly any reason.
Using him once in a while on a congested schedule is one thing... playing him over youth day in day out is firable offense.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Well, I mean, on a well run team Jeff Carter and that iron clad contract aren’t here.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Well, I mean, on a well run team Jeff Carter and that iron clad contract aren’t here.
A GM and a AGM are not here because of that. Not solely that but the type of management that leads to the Carters and Granlunds of the world.

Reactions: Sideline

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yah I have the feeling we're getting killed.

I am glad we weaponized waivers so now we don't have to worry about Friedman. Much rather have Shea playing his offside with Joseph.
I like old boy Fried-man.... was cursed upon his arrival being a loose canon, double damned on arrival by being a GMRH pick up, triple damned by not playing the greasy HCMS system to the letter.

Loose canons in hockey are fun =]
This penguins team is not fun. =/
Give me fun! =|

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Yah I have the feeling we're getting killed.

I am glad we weaponized waivers so now we don't have to worry about Friedman. Much rather have Shea playing his offside with Joseph.

Ludvig-Friedman would have been a fun pairing -- Friedman could piss off the opposition (if allowed to) and when they finally lash out then Ludwig could deck them (or himself). It would've been entertaining and possibly even effective.

Instead we've got the Three Stooges rotating on the 3rd pair, a label which isn't quite fair to Shea but he's not likely to turn into anything special.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ludvig-Friedman would have been a fun pairing -- Friedman could piss off the opposition (if allowed to) and when they finally lash out then Ludwig could deck them (or himself). It would've been entertaining and possibly even effective.

Instead we've got the Three Stooges rotating on the 3rd pair, a label which isn't quite fair to Shea but he's not likely to turn into anything special.
I'm quite intrigued by Ludvig. I hope this injury isn't too big of a set back. I'm anxious to see a Ludvig-Shea pairing again.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think all that particularly high of POJ at this point but I find it absolutely bizarre that people on here act like he's nothing while Friedman is some notable loss. Although this place worshipped Riikola as well and he's basically the same player as Friedman, so I shouldn't be surprised.

All of these defensemen (meaning Friedman, Shea, Ruhwedel, POJ, Smith and such) are all basically the same: depth defensemen who shouldn't be playing more than bottom pair minutes.

Reactions: Factorial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad